Hepl!!! On the phone with carnival!!!

mouche

Okay y'all, I need your help, I've been on the phone with carnival this morning reguarding my early saver request, the issue is not resolved as they say they will call me back. This is not a complaint I'm just asking this question to y'all for a better understanding. I am book on the Destiny on the 28th in a ES and a category 8D, the rate was $369.00 pp, yesterday the price went down twice and I sent in two request for the new price I saw, it was the Pack and Go for $319.00 including categories 8A 8B 8C 8D actually it was all the balcony categories... I got this reply...

Dear Claudette,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Your Early Saver price protection request has been denied.Please visit http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx for Terms & Conditions on exercising a price protection. Please be advised the rates requested is for a different category. The rate is for a Fun Saver balcony guarantee and the reservation is booked into a Fun Select 8D category. We can apply the rate onto the booking but you will forfeit the cabin you currently have and be placed into a balcony guarantee. This will guarantee you a balcony cabin but we choose the deck and location. Please advise accordingly on how to proceed.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Okay, I understood this to be that they will honor my request for the OBC but I will loose the cabin and location that I choose. So I call them this morning and the very nice young man that I spoke to said it was for a different category that I was requesting I felt he was a little confuse or I confuse him is more the case LOL!!! Anyway he tried to get in contact with the person who sent me this e-mail and said he would have to call me back. I'm just a little confuse as I just knew this would be no problem. I thought as long as the price drop on the same sailing date, same ship, same category that there would be no issue. Do I not understand this correctly, please help me !!! Oh I forgot this part, when I first book the cruise I had the ES OV 6B cabin, the price went down and I got the OBC, then I upgraded to a balcony 8D, the rep told me I was still under the ES and if the price went down from that rate that I now have on this 8D category I would recieve an OBC as the cruise was paid in full. So confusing... so should I expect the OBC if I say proceed with changing me to a balcony guarantee? I just want to follow the rules but also have my ES booking honored.

I thought the Pack-n-go rates were not eligible for ES price reduction. I seem to remember reading that on these boards. Hopefully, someone with maybe a little more insight can help you, but I think you might not qualify for the OBC.:(

From what I understand, the Pack & Go is a guarantee room and that is a different rate category (lower) than what you have. What they are offering to do is cancel your original room and rebook you into the guarantee at the new rate.

If you want the price reduction you will be giving up your 8D and the specific cabin you selected. Your booking will be changed to a "balcony guaranteed" cabin which CCL will assign to you at some point - as late as when you check in. The balcony guarantee could be ANY category balcony - either above or below your current category of 8D. If you don't mind the gamble of where your cabin could end up you can save some $$$.

Just as previous poster stated...it's because their rate is for Balcony Guarantee. Your rate was for an assigned cabin. And they are actually willing to honor your request but you have to go into that category, hence you'd lose your assigned cabin. I'd stick with what you have and let it go. Your price is pretty awesome to begin with!!:D

Just as previous poster stated...it's because their rate is for Balcony Guarantee. Your rate was for an assigned cabin. And they are actually willing to honor your request but you have to go into that category, hence you'd lose your assigned cabin. I'd stick with what you have and let it go. Your price is pretty awesome to begin with!!:D

I know Becca, I'm just so confused, would love the extra money, but I don't want my first balcony to be a blocked view:( Although I'm not in the cabin that much. I'm so confused, I justed wanted to make sure that if I did decide to go to a guaranteed cabin I would get the OBC. Thanks

I agree with this....

I know Becca, I'm just so confused, would love the extra money, but I don't want my first balcony to be a blocked view:( Although I'm not in the cabin that much. I'm so confused, I justed wanted to make sure that if I did decide to go to a guaranteed cabin I would get the OBC. Thanks

There are no obstructed balconies on the Destiny.. I would take the gty if you will be saving money.. the only issue will be where you are located;)

Well I just heard from Carnival, but it was not to resolve my issue, it was the upgrade sale. I did asked about the cabins on this ship, she said there are no obstructed cabin views on this ship. I hope that's true because I'm thinking I will change to the guarantee balcony for the OBC. :eek: Now my thoughts are still saying are you sure:confused: Well I guess I have time to decide before I get the call or call them back. Thanks everyone, I know I'm all over the place:D

There are no obstructed balconies on the Destiny.. I would take the gty if you will be saving money.. the only issue will be where you are located;)

I posted before I saw your post, thanks:D

I posted before I saw your post, thanks:D

HEHE no worries I have sailed on the Destiny and believe you me there are no obstructed balconies.. the only ships you need to worry about for those are the Spirit Class.. take the OBC for more DOD's and have a great time!!1:p

HEHE no worries I have sailed on the Destiny and believe you me there are no obstructed balconies.. the only ships you need to worry about for those are the Spirit Class.. take the OBC for more DOD's and have a great time!!1:p

THANKS!!! KruznKel:)

mouche - Carnival's Price-matching Policy for matching Early Saver to Pack-and-Go (Guarantee): If the fare for the Pack-and-Go Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your current ES assigned Category (4A, 4B, .....6A.....) drops below your current ES Rate, you can give-up your current assigned cabin for a TBA Guarantee Cabin in that higher Category, get the price difference if any, and remain Early Saver. ken

Wherever it is it ain't going to be pretty. I'm thinking what is left is ging to be over or under somewhere noisy.

As I stated in an earlier post

I did get my issue resolved today, I was on the phone with carnival for over an hour, but thanks to Beth who was wonderful and kept pushing for me till the issue got resolve (A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU BETH). While on the phone everyone that Beth talk to kept saying I did not qualify for the new rate, even though I had a e-mail from guest solutions saying I did. The booking engine window change again today so they were going by that. I told them I had a printed copy of both price drops as they were shown yesterday and I could forward them the e-mail I received. She kept putting me on hold and coming back to the phone saying she was doing all she could for me, AND BOY DID SHE!!! Beth went over and beyond what I have ever experienced when dealing with ANY customer service rep, if she fights like this for all of carnival's customers they have a great employee and I hope they know it. Anyway after about 50min and two disconnects, in which she called me back I suggested that I could fax or forward all my info to the third person she was dealing with. Once that was done they honored the $100.00 OBC.

I truly believe that having a positive attitude, staying calm, and a lot of thank you went a long way, that is what I portrayed to Beth and she gave the same to me in return and it was a real pleasure dealing with her, even though it took an hour. carnival came through for me!!! We ended the conversation with her asking me if I was satisfied and a sorry for the mix up and a thank you for being a loyal carnival customer, this made my dayemotion-2.gif I know I will be taking my chances where I'm located but this extra $100 OBC along with the $$OBC I got a month ago is to good to pass up. My biggest worry was if my view would be obstructed, I 'll write my review upon return:eek: Thanks to you all who answered my post;)

This is the 2nd report today about Carnival allowing someone to ES match on what is essentially a downgrade! I remember much discussion a few months ago and the information then was that you could match to Pack and Go but only on a higher category. You couldn't get the guarantee on the same category you had already booked.

So I wonder if this is a real change in the policy or just some "lucky" folks? :confused:

I did get my issue resolved today, I was on the phone with carnival for over an hour, but thanks to Beth who was wonderful and kept pushing for me till the issue got resolve (A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU BETH). While on the phone everyone that Beth talk to kept saying I did not qualify for the new rate, even though I had a e-mail from guest solutions saying I did. The booking engine window change again today so they were going by that. I told them I had a printed copy of both price drops as they were shown yesterday and I could forward them the e-mail I received. She kept putting me on hold and coming back to the phone saying she was doing all she could for me, AND BOY DID SHE!!! Beth went over and beyond what I have ever experienced when dealing with ANY customer service rep, if she fights like this for all of carnival's customers they have a great employee and I hope they know it. Anyway after about 50min and two disconnects, in which she called me back I suggested that I could fax or forward all my info to the third person she was dealing with. Once that was done they honored the $100.00 OBC.

I truly believe that having a positive attitude, staying calm, and a lot of thank you went a long way, that is what I portrayed to Beth and she gave the same to me in return and it was a real pleasure dealing with her, even though it took an hour. carnival came through for me!!! We ended the conversation with her asking me if I was satisfied and a sorry for the mix up and a thank you for being a loyal carnival customer, this made my dayemotion-2.gif I know I will be taking my chances where I'm located but this extra $100 OBC along with the $$OBC I got a month ago is to good to pass up. My biggest worry was if my view would be obstructed, I 'll write my review upon return:eek: Thanks to you all who answered my post;)

So how much OBC are you going to have total?

Archived