How many ships in FLL on disembarkation day?

PCruzer

I've read where people say they know how many ships will be in Fort Lauderdale on their disembarkation day. Is there a web site that gives this information? I'm trying to find out how many ships will be there on March 13, 2011. Thanks.

At https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx you can find a list of all ships in FLL port, but it is a listing of all ships (cruise & non-cruise). Unfortunately, it only goes out 7 days so that isn't really what you are looking for. So I went to cruisett web site for Mar 2011 and it was blank. AlanAllyn: where did you get the info?

None are 1000% accurate. If it is a weekend, you can count on a large number of ships in port. (10-15)

Worst weekend coming up is Feb. 26/27, 2011. Eight ships on Sat. and four on Sunday. 76,000+ passengers coming and going that weekend.

Only 5 ships, Celebrity Solstice, Zuiderdam, Ruby Princess, Nieuw Amsterdam, Allure Of The Seas.

There are 7 the day before. cruisett is the web site.

With 5,400 pax, Allure is equivalent to at least two of the other ships.

Put another way, She is 35% of the total port load for the day.:p

No worries though. Port Everglades handles even larger port loads with great efficiency, it's the airport (FLL) that becomes a zoo.

Please forgive me for taking this slightly off post, but I went to the first website listed, cruisett.com, and I noticed there was a listing for Port Everglades and a listing for Port of Fort Lauderdale. Aren't these the same port?? I assumed so, but when I went to Port Everglades, the Eurodam wasn't there for our sailing. Then I noticed the Port of Fort Lauderdale listing, where I did find the Eurodam.

Confused :o

With 5,400 pax, Allure is equivalent to at least two of the other ships.

Put another way, She is 35% of the total port load for the day.:p

No worries though. Port Everglades handles even larger port loads with great efficiency, it's the airport (FLL) that becomes a zoo.

The problem with FLL is that, in addition to the thousands arriving from the port, many homeward bound land vacationers, plus a few business travelers also show up. It pays to check the port activity for the day after you disembark - think about spending that night at a local motel -the following day may have a much lighter passenger load and, in any case, your ability to book a much earlier flight puts you ahead of the crowds and may actually wind up with enough in air fare savings to more than offset the cost of the motel. We've found that works for our 11/3 arrival on Noordam from Rome.

Of course, you need to be able to take that extra day, but it is worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
Please forgive me for taking this slightly off post, but I went to the first website listed, cruisett.com, and I noticed there was a listing for Port Everglades and a listing for Port of Fort Lauderdale. Aren't these the same port?? I assumed so, but when I went to Port Everglades, the Eurodam wasn't there for our sailing. Then I noticed the Port of Fort Lauderdale listing, where I did find the Eurodam.

Confused :o

One of the big discrepancies on that site is they do list two separate ports for the same place.

I have always used cruisecal (even though there is a small 3$ fee) and it has proven time and time again to be the most accurate. You can sign up, pay only as long as you use the site, and quit when you want. No membership term requirements and there are 6 different calendars and a cool Ship Intersect tool no other site has.

I am going to disembark from the Eurodam on 1/2 in Fort Lauderdale and then embark on the Nieuw Amsterdam on the same day, also in Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know if ships are in walking distance of one another? I'd feel a little funny taking a taxi if it is walkable.

I've boarded in Fort Lauderdale a couple of times already but for the life of me cannot remember how close the ships were to one another. When you're arriving by taxi, everything seems close.

Here is a map of the port.

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/media/docs/Port-Map-2009.pdf

I've never been lucky enough to disembark from one HAL ship and board another! I envy you!

I have sailed from Pier 19 and Pier 26. The parking garage is between them. I imagine you can walk around the garage - or even cut through it! It should not be too much of a hike.

Once we sailed out of Pier 29 on the Volendam. (Someone with greater knowledge than I would know if that pier can accommodate a larger ship.)

When we sailed on the Volendam, I parked my car in the midport garage and took a free shuttle bus to the pier.

I am going to disembark from the Eurodam on 1/2 in Fort Lauderdale and then embark on the Nieuw Amsterdam on the same day, also in Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know if ships are in walking distance of one another? I'd feel a little funny taking a taxi if it is walkable.

I've boarded in Fort Lauderdale a couple of times already but for the life of me cannot remember how close the ships were to one another. When you're arriving by taxi, everything seems close.

It really depends on which berth they dock at. If they use 27/28 and 29/30 you may want to take a taxi, even though they appear next to each other on a map.

Check the SHIP SCHEDULE closer into sailing to see where they will dock and it will give you a better idea:

http://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/

PortEverglades.jpg

PortEverglades2.jpg

HAL also sometimes uses pier 21 and/or 27 when multiple HAL ships are in port together, as the lower picture above shows. It certainly is a walkable distance between 26/27 and 21, and you don't even have to go through the garage.

HAL also sometimes uses pier 21 and/or 27 when multiple HAL ships are in port together, as the lower picture above shows. It certainly is a walkable distance between 26/27 and 21, and you don't even have to go through the garage.

Also keep in mind in the first picture where the Standam-class ship is, the Carnival Spirit-class, and the Volendam-class are. Not walkable.

There will be the Allure of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice, and 3 HAL Vista's on that side of Port Everglades that day. The Ruby Princess and Poesia will dock on the other side of the port near the bridge.

Also keep in mind in the first picture where the Standam-class ship is, the Carnival Spirit-class, and the Volendam-class are. Not walkable.
I think the ship way down in the turning notch at pier 30 is a Vista class, not a Rotterdam-class (Volendam).

I think the ship way down in the turning notch at pier 30 is a Vista class, not a Rotterdam-class (Volendam).

Here's a blow up of the same image. The Statendam-class ship is at 26, the Carnival Spirit class is at 29, the ship at pier 30 is either Volendam or Zaandam.

Fll.jpg

OK - I thought I sailed on the Volendam from 29 - but looks like it was 30 from this photo.

The shuttle picked us up from the midport garage.

Interesting how they decide on which ships go where, huh? Both pictures show various classes all over the place! ;) No doubt the 3 Vistas that day will dock at 27, 28, and 29 or 30. My bet is that Allure will be at her terminal and Solstice at 22 across the way from her.

No doubt the 3 Vistas that day will dock at 27, 28, and 29 or 30.
No doubt? When we sailed on the Eurodam from 26 the Noordam was at 21. I've never seen any HAL ship in 28 A/B/C/D/F, and I think they are too small. I'm sure one of HAL's ships will be at 26, as that's their normal place.

No doubt? When we sailed on the Eurodam from 26 the Noordam was at 21. I've never seen any HAL ship in 28A or 28B, and I think they are too small.

Since Allure of the Seas will be in port that day I wonder if they will squeeze her, a Solstice-class and a Vista class all in the same basin? In my prior post i meant to say 26/27 and 29/30, not 28. They never use 28 for a cruise ship (mostly small USNS ships and tugs), but 29 and 30, yes. I still wager the 3 Vistas will be lined up on the outter piers along the Intercoastal waterway.

Archived