Voyager Oct. 17th from Venice is cancelled

mikeb384

I just got off the phone with RSSC in Omaha after calling to inquire about what was going on with the Voyager and especially about our cruise on Oct. 17th.

I was told that our cruise has been cancelled. I had them check for some alternative (Mariner, etc.) but those cruises are sold out. The agent did say that we would receive a full refund and probably some future credits, but that sure doesn't help with the disappointment of missing this trip.

Back to the drawing board.

Mike

:confused:

So sorry for your disappointment. I can't imagine. I think it's better that you know sooner than later so at least you can get on with your lives. And at least you hadn't started travelling!

All we folks who have "downstream" cruises will continue worrying for a while longer, I'm sure. At least mine is just a 7-day Caribbean.

What about Oceania aren't they owned by the same company? I hope you have a good TA to help you figure this out, you should not be left high and dry. Calling Regent Headquarters is like calling the phone company and I have had trouble, it takes a TA. You should be able to get your Refund now so you can book another boat.

It's not like this is a brand new problem for the Voyager and it will be interesting how this effects the Regent Faithful opinion of their cruise line.

I've had several conversations with our TA and looked at other cruise lines. RSSC is offering a full refund plus credits for future cruises, or bookings on other Regent cruises this month for what we've already paid. We're looking at the Bangkok-Sydney trip, but am leary of the ones on the Voyager since we're not sure when it might be repaired.

We also checked Oceania and they were full, Crystal didn't have anything that was of interest and we're also checking SilverSea for Med cruises.

We had sure looked forward to the canceled trip, and had been in touch with two couples from this board that were also on the trip. We were going to hook up on the flight to Frankfurt on the 14th.

Oh well,

Mike

:mad:

Ditto, ditto, ditto--we too are so disappointed. It looks like Silversea is the only line we'd be interested in so far. If we go somewhere now on another line, I doubt we would use the future credit that Regent is offering. It's kind of difficult to get into looking for something else-

Ellan

First of all, those of us on the Regent board feel very sad about the situation the passengers and crew are in as the result of the Voyager's mechanical problem. We know that your cruise was planned months (if not a year) in advance and, in some cases, is a celebration of a special event that will not seem as special on another cruise at another time.

However, the fact remains that the Voyager is a beautiful ship (the best in the fleet in my opinion) and, once repaired, will be happily sailing the seas again. If your TA is not being helpful, I urge you to find another TA. It is truly in your best interest to book another Regent cruise. . . . whether it is on the Voyager, Mariner or Navigator. Booking a cruise on Silversea would be fine. . . . . but, you have a valuable credit on Regent. Look at the 2011 Regent schedule and see what works for you. One thing my DH and I learned after 31 years of marriage is that every day is a celebration of life and being together. I believe that your upcoming cruise, whenever it may be, will be as perfect as you have imagined:)

Friends from Switzerland told me this morning their friends who were booked on the Voyager 3 Oct -23 Nov were offered a cabin on the Nautica, Oceania's ship

was berthed next door to the Voyager in Athens. Although they did not get the same cabin equivalent, they are cruising. Interesting to note that among the 8

future cruises (at no additional cost) Mikeb384 mentions above, the first Voyager cruise Regent is offering guests now aboard the Voyager is the 8 Nov Transatlantic, and there are three 25 day cruise offered (Voyager WC segments)

Interesting to note that among the 8

future cruises (at no additional cost) Mikeb384 mentions above, the first Voyager cruise Regent is offering guests now aboard the Voyager is the 8 Nov Transatlantic,

That is interesting and positive. Soon be time to look out for tickets, then.

Ditto, ditto, ditto--we too are so disappointed. It looks like Silversea is the only line we'd be interested in so far. If we go somewhere now on another line, I doubt we would use the future credit that Regent is offering. It's kind of difficult to get into looking for something else-

Ellan

I'm sure the future cruise credit will be good for some time, perhaps until 2012. So why would you not book another Regent trip? I know this cancellation is a big bummer, but this can happen to any ship.

Interesting to note that among the 8

future cruises (at no additional cost) Mikeb384 mentions above, the first Voyager cruise Regent is offering guests now aboard the Voyager is the 8 Nov Transatlantic, and there are three 25 day cruise offered (Voyager WC segments)

This sounds hopeful, Wes. If they are offering this cruise, they must have a fair certainty that the problems will be fixed by the crossing.

Agree Wendy but won't count my chickens until the Voyager is in drydock and the TechTeam has completed their pod damage assessment with timeline to fix. Guess a worse case is we could be delayed a few days (miss some Spanish ports) and then proceed with the crossing. Regent needs to get the Voyager to Florida for the late falll caribbean season and then the WC in Jan. It is also good to hear Regent is doing their very best to make those now affected (3 Oct, 17Oct voyages) whole.

Agree Wendy but won't count my chickens until the Voyager is in drydock and the TechTeam has completed their pod damage assessment with timeline to fix. Guess a worse case is we could be delayed a few days (miss some Spanish ports) and then proceed with the crossing. Regent needs to get the Voyager to Florida for the late falll caribbean season and then the WC in Jan. It is also good to hear Regent is doing their very best to make those now affected (3 Oct, 17Oct voyages) whole.

As usual, Wes, I think your reasoning is spot on.

Looking at the one in January to Papeet to Auckland - has anyone done this or similiar, what is the weather like that time of year? January is my husband's birthday so being british it would be great to do a 10-14 night cruise somewhere where it's hot and sunny

Sounds like a great cruise! January is the middle of the summer in Auckland and the weather in Tahiti is always warm. Hope you decide to book it:)

Archived