Which Ship is in NYC Now?

LoraJ

It was the Crown Princess. Hank from our roll call took a picture of her today docked in Brooklyn.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171139&d=1286474183

It's actually one of the piers in the W. 50's next to the Intrepid. I don't get to see the Brooklyn pier on my route to work. :(

It's actually one of the piers in the W. 50's next to the Intrepid. I don't get to see the Brooklyn pier on my route to work. :(

My bad... I just assumed it was in Red Hook. I checked the NY cruise terminal schedule and apparently Queen Mary 2 was docked in Brooklyn, so that's why Crown Princess was in Manhattan. :)

I can confirm that it was the Crown Princess. She was docked on the West Side. I took the picture from the bridge near the Intrepid that Rick posted. I couldn't wait to walk over and see her. Only 83 more days til we sail the Crown on the 9-night New Year's Southern Caribbean!!!

I can confirm that it was the Crown Princess. She was docked on the West Side. I took the picture from the bridge near the Intrepid that Rick posted. I couldn't wait to walk over and see her. Only 83 more days til we sail the Crown on the 9-night New Year's Southern Caribbean!!!

Thanks Hank... I really should have looked at the picture more closely and I would have seen the sign that said Intrepid... oh well. :p

Thanks Hank... I really should have looked at the picture more closely and I would have seen the sign that said Intrepid... oh well. :p

I kept looking at that picture trying to figure out where it was taken at Red Hook? It didn't resemble the Red Hook pier I saw last year.

Thanks for clarification.

Yep I was a sad person walking down the plank to land at pier 88. The taxi stand was just swamped so we walked one block up and 2 blocks down past the IHG hotel and flagged a cab on the street. Took awhile in traffic but we made LGA at 9:25 AM and were in the gate area by 9:45 for a Southwest flight. Manhatten is just a great place to disembark. Never did Brooklyn docking but hard to imagine that it could beat Manhatten for ease of getting off IMHO. I took pictures of the Intrepid from the deck and it was a great sight. 2 bright shiny red tugs snugged us up to the dock at 7:03 AM

Yep I was a sad person walking down the plank to land at pier 88. The taxi stand was just swamped so we walked one block up and 2 blocks down past the IHG hotel and flagged a cab on the street. Took awhile in traffic but we made LGA at 9:25 AM and were in the gate area by 9:45 for a Southwest flight. Manhatten is just a great place to disembark. Never did Brooklyn docking but hard to imagine that it could beat Manhatten for ease of getting off IMHO. I took pictures of the Intrepid from the deck and it was a great sight. 2 bright shiny red tugs snugged us up to the dock at 7:03 AM

Walking off was a breeze, but you do need to walk down the ramp, through the terminal and across the street with your bags. New York appeared to be better organized than Seattle, sorting bags by color group and number, instead of dumping them all together.

Yes, it was raining lightly, and the taxi stand was eventually backed up a block on the other side of the street. The person directing traffic advised us to walk down a block, which we did, but ended up moving down 2 more blocks. Taxis were fussy, and some wouldn't pick you up unless you were going to an airport - 3 refused before we found one that would take us to Columbus Circle. Interesting....

We had more than an hour, before we needed to be at the airport so bought food for the flight at Whole Foods, and then sat upstairs at Borders happily catching up with the news over coffee. Dial 7 picked us up on W 60th St, but the driver had to run around the corner to get us, since we didn't know where that was, and were standing in front. Be sure to go to that side of the building since they aren't supposed to pick up right on the Circle.

Going cross town to the 59th St. bridge took a good half hour of bumper to bumper traffic @ 10 in the morning, but was fast after that. Total time was about 45 minutes but we both dozed since we had been up

@ 5 AM to see the Statue of Liberty all bathed in light....spectacular!

Frontier Airlines has a strange way of boarding - people who've upgraded, or need help boarding first; then those with carry ons only, then those with roller bags....can't you make your roller bag into a carryon by closing the handle? They do board connecting passengers first, however, when we got to Denver.

Archived