Suite amenities

aaerobear

We were just upgraded to a VS suite for our 11/8/10 Emerald Princess cruise. This will be our first suite. I've printed the list of Suite Amenities that you kind folks have posted as we've not received anything from Princess yet.

What exactly does "Expedited Embarkation" mean and what do we do? I've printed our luggage tags & boarding passes, don't want them taking our suite away at this late date, and they do reflect "Suite" and our cabin assignment. Instructions say boarding is at 1pm, but we would like to board as soon as we can to sign up for the ship tour. Any suggestions for when we should be at the port?

We were just upgraded to a VS suite for our 11/8/10 Emerald Princess cruise. This will be our first suite. I've printed the list of Suite Amenities that you kind folks have posted as we've not received anything from Princess yet.

What exactly does "Expedited Embarkation" mean and what do we do? I've printed our luggage tags & boarding passes, don't want them taking our suite away at this late date, and they do reflect "Suite" and our cabin assignment. Instructions say boarding is at 1pm, but we would like to board as soon as we can to sign up for the ship tour. Any suggestions for when we should be at the port?

When you get to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale), find a Princess representative and show them your boarding pass. They will point you in the right direction. You will NOT need to get in the long, winding line. It is up to you what time you want to get to the port ... I usually go for around 11 as boarding usually starts around 12. You will have a designated area to wait and will be among the first to board (after weddings).

Your boarding pass should be green and printed "priority boarding" at the top. When you arrive at the terminal in FLL (I would get there around 1045-1100) have that pass in your hand and go around the line that will snake alongside the building and go you will be directed to the scanners and the priority boarding area. Boarding usually begins at FLL right at noon and you will be some of the first onboard.

Have a great cruise!

Mike:)

You actually didn't have to print off the list, there will be a 'suite book' in your stateroom with all of the amenities listed there. ;) Enjoy!

Your boarding pass should be green and printed "priority boarding" at the top. When you arrive at the terminal in FLL (I would get there around 1045-1100) have that pass in your hand and go around the line that will snake alongside the building and go you will be directed to the scanners and the priority boarding area. Boarding usually begins at FLL right at noon and you will be some of the first onboard.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much, we will have a great cruise.

I have printed the boarding passes and they looked green on the screen. They say "Preferred Boarding Pass" on them. Is this the same as "Priority Boarding"? We don't want to be mobbed by circumventing the snaked line. Any problems?

Thanks so much, we will have a great cruise.

I have printed the boarding passes and they looked green on the screen. They say "Preferred Boarding Pass" on them. Is this the same as "Priority Boarding"? We don't want to be mobbed by circumventing the snaked line. Any problems?

Sorry, I meant to say "Preferred" instead of priority. Have it in your hand and they will spot the green header and direct you accordingly.

Sorry, I meant to say "Preferred" instead of priority. Have it in your hand and they will spot the green header and direct you accordingly.

Unfortunately, I don't have a color printer, so no green. I will highlight the "Preferred" though. Maybe that will help.

This is all turning out to be just so cool! We are so excited!

Thanks for all the help.

Yes it has two sets of glass sliding doors leading to the balcony.

And I will tell you one thing that it does not have is any shelving at all in the bathroom. All of our toiletries had to line the sink area so if you have one of those over the door thingys it would be good to bring it. We were in this cabin this past February.

Yes it has two sets of glass sliding doors leading to the balcony.

And I will tell you one thing that it does not have is any shelving at all in the bathroom. All of our toiletries had to line the sink area so if you have one of those over the door thingys it would be good to bring it. We were in this cabin this past February.

Mike - How did you like this VS cabin, other than the lack of bathroom shelf. I will sorely miss the shelf under the sink (balcony cabin), which is where I always stashed my overnight bag.

I'm not sure, but are you the person that felt the balcony was really shallow and crowded?

Mike - How did you like this VS cabin, other than the lack of bathroom shelf. I will sorely miss the shelf under the sink (balcony cabin), which is where I always stashed my overnight bag.

I'm not sure, but are you the person that felt the balcony was really shallow and crowded?

I am afraid that was me.:( Out of the lot it was our least favorite suite; but hey it was a gimme for you and we were out about $5000 or so. Putting all that aside it was fine and we had a great cruise. Our friends were in the suite next door (C748) and you had to enter a little cubby hole to reach their cabin door Their balcony was also next to the vent which smelled of bacon almost 24/7 and we had none of that.

We did have one of the best stewards that we have ever had on Princess, his name was Saul (pronounced Sah ool) and he was from Mexico.

The cabin is really roomy and you will have a great time.

I am afraid that was me.:( Out of the lot it was our least favorite suite; but hey it was a gimme for you and we were out about $5000 or so. Putting all that aside it was fine and we had a great cruise. Our friends were in the suite next door (C748) and you had to enter a little cubby hole to reach their cabin door Their balcony was also next to the vent which smelled of bacon almost 24/7 and we had none of that.

We did have one of the best stewards that we have ever had on Princess, his name was Saul (pronounced Sah ool) and he was from Mexico.

The cabin is really roomy and you will have a great time.

I'm sure we'll enjoy it. Would there be any problem with us both using the balcony chaises at the same time or is there enough room for that? That's our favorite thing to do on a cruise and are really looking forward to the aft view this time. We normally book a Caribe balcony cabin with the larger balcony.

We have the aft suite C750 booked on the Grand next year. Even though it is only our second cruise with Princess, will we still get the priority boarding and the other perks as well?

Absolutley. When you are booked in a full suite it doesn't matter if it is your first cruise, you are still entitled to the full benefits.

Enjoy,

I'm sure we'll enjoy it. Would there be any problem with us both using the balcony chaises at the same time or is there enough room for that? That's our favorite thing to do on a cruise and are really looking forward to the aft view this time. We normally book a Caribe balcony cabin with the larger balcony.

No problem.:D

Mike

I got my cabin assignment a few days ago, but the question is:

Is it still possible that I could be upgraded to a larger cabin by the time I get to the terminal to board the ship?

And the ship will sail in 2 days for Hawaii.

Possible, but highly unlikely.

I got my cabin assignment a few days ago, but the question is:

Is it still possible that I could be upgraded to a larger cabin by the time I get to the terminal to board the ship?

And the ship will sail in 2 days for Hawaii.

Possible Yes, Probable NO! Good luck though!

Archived