Suite amenities

aaerobear

OK,

This is the first time we will be in a full suite, we have been in mini's but never higher.

Could one of you full-suite experts please tell me what the amenities are for full suite passengers.

I know about the Internet and the bar set-up, and breakfast in Sabatinis, laundry, other than that, I am clueless.

Help!!!!

We're in our first suite a week from tomorrow! Here's the list Princess sent us last month:

Suites - Services

• Expedited embarkation process
  • Preferred Anytime Dining reservations
  • Personal Shore Excursion reservations (Service provided onboard. Passengers will receive a letter in their stateroom)
  • Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service
  • Complimentary shoe polishing service
  • Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings
  • 6 dipped fruits or 3 dark and 3 light chocolates on a doily presented on a silver tray
  • Exclusive Elite Lounge (a reserved lounge area on disembarkation day for passengers to relax comfortably with complimentary coffee or juice, pastries and a local news paper-if available)
  • Dedicated priority line (actual queue, not telephone extension) at the Passenger Services Desk (Suite and Elite Captain's Circle passengers) - COMING SOON (actually from what I've read on CC it is already there)

Suites - Amenities

• Breakfast in Sabatini's w/complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa" each morning - All ships except Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Sea Princess which it is offered in-suite
  • Complimentary glass of champagne at embarkation
  • Top of the range luxury mattresses Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens
  • Fluffy European Duvets Pillow menu Massage shower heads
  • Luxury bathrobes Luxury towels
  • Combined DVD and CD player
  • Complimentary DVD library Enhanced bathroom amenities
  • Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror
  • Princess Cruises tote bag
  • Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (available on the following ships: Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Island, Ruby, Sapphire and Star Princess).
  • Complimentary slippers
  • Fresh flower arrangement
  • Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night
  • Complimentary mini-bar - A one-time only mini-bar will be placed into each suite prior to embarkation. However, should the passenger require any additional supplies this will be at the discretion of the Passenger Services Director. The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability):

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on Dawn Princess and Sun Princess)

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- 2 Small Waters

- 2 Perriers

Suites - Dining Services

• Welcome glass of champagne
  • Extended room service menu (full breakfast, lunch, dinner offering) - Suite passengers only
  • In-suite afternoon tea service - Suite passengers only
  • Passenger's choice of deluxe canapes, delivered daily

Suites - Onboard Activities

• Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom)
  • Private portrait sitting

Auto Confirm Meal Seating

• Passengers booked in Suites will be automatically confirmed on their preferred dining seating.

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

• Ship Notice We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away.

Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite. We also invite you to make an appointment at our Lotus Spa and choose from an endless array of exquisite treatments to promote pampering and rejuvenation.

All Lotus Spa treatments will be charged to your stateroom account.

Suites - Princess Captain's Circle Credits

• Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) will receive two cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.
  • Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) and pay the single/exclusive occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive three cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.

capriccio View Public Profile Find all posts by capriccio Add capriccio to Your Contacts

Thank you Capriccio for the every so complete post regarding suite amentities. My partner and I are booked in our first suite on our next Princess cruise in 2012 and all this information is very hard to come by on-line or even in the published information from Princess. Looks like after we do the suite this first time that it will be hard to go back even to a mini!

Again, thanks so much for all the info.

Steve

OK,

This is the first time we will be in a full suite, we have been in mini's but never higher.

Could one of you full-suite experts please tell me what the amenities are for full suite passengers.

I know about the Internet and the bar set-up, and breakfast in Sabatinis, laundry, other than that, I am clueless.

Help!!!!

We got updated to a "family suite" on our Eastern Caribbean cruise last year and it was awesome.. The best part is the expedited check in service...oh no..check that.. with 2 teenagers, the best part was the free internet.. Then there's the free laundry...the snacks every day....enjoy it!!:D

Enjoy, but as other will atest it is impossible to go back. :)

My husband doesn't know about this suite - it's his 60th birthday and I make all the travel arrangements and manage all our finances (and the cost is about half PinotNoir's estimate; still alot but not astonomical:o). Even though we haven't experienced the suite yet I was able to convince him that our anniversary in May 2012 (planning way ahead) would be a great 'first' time in a suite. So we won't be 'going back' - at least not for a while!

My husband doesn't know about this suite - it's his 60th birthday and I make all the travel arrangements and manage all our finances (and the cost is about half PinotNoir's estimate; still alot but not astonomical:o). Even though we haven't experienced the suite yet I was able to convince him that our anniversary in May 2012 (planning way ahead) would be a great 'first' time in a suite. So we won't be 'going back' - at least not for a while!

Watch the luggage tags around your DH if it is supposed to be a surprise, they will say SUITE on them. ;) What a great 60th birthday gift, way to go. :)

I have not seen any mention of a fruit bowl -- no, not the usual one that can be ordered from any cabin. This was a large silver bowl delivered fresh every afternoon. The contents ranged from mango, papaya, grapefruit, avocado, peaches, pears. It was something we looked forward to every day.

We were in a full suite on the Sea Princess in August. We have not had a selection like this in any suite before. Is it new, or perhaps something they are trying out.

Hi Steve,

We were in an suite last year on Emerald and will be again in three weeks on Crown. I think you will really enjoy it. One great tip is to get all your laundry and dry cleaning done before you leave, leaves very little washing to do upon return!

Have a great time.

Tina

I have not seen any mention of a fruit bowl -- no, not the usual one that can be ordered from any cabin. This was a large silver bowl delivered fresh every afternoon. The contents ranged from mango, papaya, grapefruit, avocado, peaches, pears. It was something we looked forward to every day.

We were in a full suite on the Sea Princess in August. We have not had a selection like this in any suite before. Is it new, or perhaps something they are trying out.

Never have seen something like that delivered in the many suites we have had in the past. I guess maybe you just got lucky on that cruise. :)

Never have seen something like that delivered in the many suites we have had in the past. I guess maybe you just got lucky on that cruise. :)

There must be something new going on--I noticed on our last cruise on the Emerald that the fruit bowl was changing without ordering anything--keeping it fresh at all times--grapes would change other fruit would change--one day there were 2 large bowls on the coffee table--guess this was to be a switch from the original bowl to a totally new bowl but the old bowl remained with the new bowl.

Nancy:D

We had the same silver fruit bowl, but not the assortment that was mentioned. And yes, I agree, they kept replacing itmes to keep it fresh. Some of the best strawberries my hubby said he had ever seen on a ship. But the assortment was the same old same old that we have had for years last May. Possibly they are trying to make it better? ;)

We had the same silver fruit bowl, but not the assortment that was mentioned. And yes, I agree, they kept replacing itmes to keep it fresh. Some of the best strawberries my hubby said he had ever seen on a ship. But the assortment was the same old same old that we have had for years last May. Possibly they are trying to make it better? ;)

This was our last cruise just a short time ago--not the one on the Riviera deck--we had an aft suite on this last one--also a great steward--don't know how he did it but when no other bags were in the hall--he had all of ours 4 bags at the door--he had to have searched for them since they weren't being delivered yet--he was very helpful without being asked--one of those that; walked to your door to let you in when he saw you coming down the hall---don't get too many of those--but certainly appreciate it when you do--

Hi Toto and gang. I have run into something on our last 2 cruises that I am really wondering about. Usually my wife and I do not take pictures but due to recent weight loss and the simple fact that I thought I looked pretty good for once in my life, we thought we would take some pictures and maybe buy them. I asked two of the photographers on each ship about the private portrait sitting and neither knew what we were talking about.

Has anyone in a suite ever did this and what exactly is it? Is there a charge for the portraits.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Toto and gang. I have run into something on our last 2 cruises that I am really wondering about. Usually my wife and I do not take pictures but due to recent weight loss and the simple fact that I thought I looked pretty good for once in my life, we thought we would take some pictures and maybe buy them. I asked two of the photographers on each ship about the private portrait sitting and neither knew what we were talking about.

Has anyone in a suite ever did this and what exactly is it? Is there a charge for the portraits.

Thanks

Bob

We have never had the portraits made--but I do remember the notice in the cabin--can't remember it recently--last suite was only a month or so ago--just don't remember it--you know how many papers and stuff is loading the desk on day 1--what aboout the future bookings person--they shoulld know what is included--maybe someplace on Princess ammenities for full suites--know I've seen the notices in the past-- but--I'm drawing a blank now--check Princess on line good luck

Thanks

Bob

Bob, my understanding is that it is advertised as a 'private portrait sitting' for full suite passengers. When in fact, anyone can get a private portrait sitting, no matter what category stateroom they have booked. No complimentary photos included, just the sitting (which isn't just a suite perk although advertised as one). ;)

BTW Bob-I think you look GREAT! I noticed the dramatic weight loss from your previous pics. ;)

Hi Steve,

We were in an suite last year on Emerald and will be again in three weeks on Crown. I think you will really enjoy it. One great tip is to get all your laundry and dry cleaning done before you leave, leaves very little washing to do upon return!

Have a great time.

Tina

I totally agree.. I did this with all the formal stuff and it saved us lots of cash when we got back!!! Nice perk for sure:D

BTW Bob-I think you look GREAT! I noticed the dramatic weight loss from your previous pics. ;)

Thanks Toto for the kind words. I was actually able to lose about 180lbs and still go on 3 cruises in the process. I owe it all to my wife Barbie who actually made almost every meal I ate in the process.

Once again thanks.

Bob Winters

Archived