Suite amenities

aaerobear

When we were in a suite on the Island Princess to Alaska, last year, we had personalized stationery in our suite. It's really nice to have a suite on a cruise of 7 days or more.

Although we have had this on each of our cruises, we have yet to utilize it.

Writing a letter while on vacation is just not very high on my list.:D

Mike:)

We just returned from a Canada New England cruise, where took a suite as we were cruising with other family members, now my wife won't go back. We were in a Celebrity Suite, which had a separate bedroom and my wife really liked that. We are looking at booking Hawaii on either the Golden or Sapphire Princess. We are looking at Category PH, and while the bedroom is not separate it appears from the diagrams on the internet, that there might be a curtain that can be pulled to separate the bedroom. Can anyone who has been in a PH suite confirm where the curtain can be closed.

Thanks.

We are looking at Category PH, and while the bedroom is not separate it appears from the diagrams on the internet, that there might be a curtain that can be pulled to separate the bedroom. Can anyone who has been in a PH suite confirm where the curtain can be closed.

Thanks.

We were just in C420 on The Golden in August and there is a heavy curtain that can be closed separating the seating area from the bedroom. It divides the two glass sliding doors and separates the two televisions if you can see where that is on the diagram.

It is a lovely cabin category and you will be very pleased.

Mike:)

Tophat4321 & bhopal21:

Thank you. We will be booking that Category, the suite extras that Princess provides seems to exceed other cruiselines. We enjoyed our butler on Celebrity, but would have preferred the complimentary minibar. It is a few years since I sailed with Princess am looking forward to returning.

Another question if I could before calling my TA.

The Category PH suites are located on the Sun Deck (15) and Caribe Deck (10). The idea of the semi private area on the Sun Deck appeals to me, but is the veranda still private or can the people on the Sports Deck peer over and throw stuff on your balcony (that happened on the Coral on the top deck balconies). Is there any smell from the ship exhaust on the Sun Deck balconies?

Thanks

Thank you Capriccio for your Suite Amenities listing (see Post #2).

You state under the "Onboard Activities" section that WiFi is included yet on Princess' Suite Amenities listing, they only state that the internet is free in their Internet Cafe's.

Can someone please confirm if WiFi is available free in full Suite rooms? My wife and I are in a PS suite on the Coral for our 17-day Ft. Laurderdale to Vancouver Panama Canal in May 2011.

We're back - it was wonderful and my husband was shocked (I kept the full suite a surprise from him for 15 months right up to the moment he opened the cabin door). Even better, he says he doesn't want to cruise any other way (pretty good planning on my part :p). I've noted some highlights in my original listing.

We're in our first suite a week from tomorrow! Here's the list Princess sent us last month:

Suites - Services

• Expedited embarkation process we did the Bon Voyage experience with my brother and sister-in-law and were the very first on the ship (plus there were no other Bon Voyage guests so we received a private tour of the ship)
  • Preferred Anytime Dining reservations they only called us once and we were dining in Sabatini's that night (we only ate in the anytime dining room 3 times and didn't make any reservations)
  • Personal Shore Excursion reservations (Service provided onboard. Passengers will receive a letter in their stateroom)
  • Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service next to Sabatini's breakfast this was my husband's favorite. He has an aversion to checking luggage and can travel to Europe for a week on business with only a carry-on. He's already planning the next cruise with only a carry-on!
  • Complimentary shoe polishing service
  • Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings
  • 6 dipped fruits or 3 dark and 3 light chocolates on a doily presented on a silver tray Chocolate covered strawberries were divine!
  • Exclusive Elite Lounge (a reserved lounge area on disembarkation day for passengers to relax comfortably with complimentary coffee or juice, pastries and a local news paper-if available) We were staying in Fort Lauderdale an extra day so we had a hot breakfast on our balcony and then made our way to the Lounge. We were some of the last off the ship and zipped through picking up our luggage and going through customs and immigration.
  • Dedicated priority line (actual queue, not telephone extension) at the Passenger Services Desk (Suite and Elite Captain's Circle passengers) - COMING SOON (actually from what I've read on CC it is already there) Used it twice and only had to wait for one person ahead of me once -- did incur lots of scowls from folks in the 'regular' line but I ignored that.
  • We also were invited to the nightly Platinum/Elite Lounge featuring a cheap drink of the day and appetizers. We did it twice but the timing (5 pm to 7 pm) wasn't really conducive to late night (after 8 pm) dining.

Suites - Amenities

• Breakfast in Sabatini's w/complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa" each morning - All ships except Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Sea Princess which it is offered in-suite A highlight of the cruise! A fabulous way to start your day.
  • Complimentary glass of champagne at embarkation The steward (the best we ever had) brought us an entire bottle of 'good' stuff since my brother and sister-in-law were hanging out with us on the balcony.

• Top of the range luxury mattresses Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens
  • Fluffy European Duvets Pillow menu Massage shower heads
  • Luxury bathrobes Luxury towels
  • Combined DVD and CD player too busy - didn't use it once.

• Complimentary DVD library Enhanced bathroom amenities
  • Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror
  • Princess Cruises tote bag everyone gets one now but the ones in the suites are a more high quality canvas (and a different design)

• Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (available on the following ships: Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Island, Ruby, Sapphire and Star Princess). I loved the heated stone beds; DH discovered that he loved saunas

• Complimentary slippers to go with the robes we got on our Ulitmate Ships Tour last year - great for going to and from our hot tub!
  • Fresh flower arrangement very pretty
  • Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night didn't do formal night - instead had room service (every morning the steward gave us a copy of that night's dinner menu in the MDRs). Put the corsage and boutonniere in the fridge and looked at them every day:D
  • Complimentary mini-bar - A one-time only mini-bar will be placed into each suite prior to embarkation. However, should the passenger require any additional supplies this will be at the discretion of the Passenger Services Director. The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability): brought lots of the booze home.... We had brought on board our own prosecco for afternoon drinks on the balcony.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on Dawn Princess and Sun Princess)

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- 2 Small Waters

- 2 Perriers

Suites - Dining Services

• Welcome glass of champagne
  • Extended room service menu (full breakfast, lunch, dinner offering) - Suite passengers only Ate dinner twice on our balcony with selections from the MDR menu and had room service with a hot breakfast the morning we disembarked - loved it all.
  • In-suite afternoon tea service - Suite passengers only tried this once - there was enough food - sandwiches, scones, cookies, cakes, etc. - to feed 8 people - and enjoyed it (but felt bad wasting so much food)
  • Passenger's choice of deluxe canapes, delivered daily see note above about the chocolate covered strawberries:p

Suites - Onboard Activities

• Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom):p Couldn't be easier - pick a package and the full price is credited almost immediately. Very good access in the aft of the ship (cabin C-748)
  • Private portrait sitting

Auto Confirm Meal Seating

• Passengers booked in Suites will be automatically confirmed on their preferred dining seating.

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

• Ship Notice We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away. A real highlight!

Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite. We also invite you to make an appointment at our Lotus Spa and choose from an endless array of exquisite treatments to promote pampering and rejuvenation.

All Lotus Spa treatments will be charged to your stateroom account.

Suites - Princess Captain's Circle Credits

• Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) will receive two cruise credits upon completion of that cruise. That cruise counted as Princess #s 5 and 6 for us. So next cruise we'd receive some of the perks because we'll be Platinum but not the ones we liked the best (Sabatini's breakfast, laundry, thermal suite). I see more suites in our future:D
  • Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) and pay the single/exclusive occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive three cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.

We're back - it was wonderful and my husband was shocked (I kept the full suite a surprise from him for 15 months right up to the moment he opened the cabin door). Even better, he says he doesn't want to cruise any other way (pretty good planning on my part :p). I've noted some highlights in my original listing.

Thanks for the followup report.

How great that you kept the surprise...........you need to teach me how to keep a secret that long. :)

Yep, it works every time. I upgraded to a full suite many years ago, although I let the surprise slip out about a month before we sailed :o, and now he doesn't want anything less. We are sneaky, aren't we? ROFL

If one were to be upgraded from a mini-suite to a full suite...when would one be notified? We are cruising in January on the Ruby and would love to be upgraded for our 25th wedding anniversary:)

Anytime between now and arriving at the pier for check in. But celebrating a birthday or anniversary usually doesn't play a roll in the upgrade process. I would guess there are hundreds of passengers onboard every cruise celebrating some sort of milestone onboard. ;)

Just a little FYI, we received our first 'full suite' upgrade after 25 Princess cruises, and most of those were in mini suites. But good luck, you never know when luck may strike. And Happy Anniversary!

We've booked a PS suite on the Coral (C643) doing the FLL to LA thing via the Panama over Christmas - and we've booked the teenage kids into C641 (right next door) - so we can keep an eye on them.

The other time we travelled in a suite was on the Emerald (on the Med) in C748 and she was almost brand new at only 5 weeks old. Views over the aft were fantastic.

So what changes/differences can we expect in terms of the suite privilages/experience?

Any ideas on what Princess do for Christmas?

Cheers

Mike

Archived