Carnival Victory or Adventure OS

9ersRule

Going on X-mas cruise from Puerto Rico. DW and two sons 19 and 20. Carnival is $800 less for comparable cabins. Majority of the same ports.

Victory board is very active while Adventure OS is quiet.

Looks like you have been 3 times on RCI, so I would suggest to try Carnival. I love to try different lines.

If you are more interested in the ports than the ship itself, I'd go with Carnival. We were on AOS last October & just off Victory this past Sunday. In all honesty, Victory doesn't look as posh as AOS, and I did find the food was a tiny step down from what we had on AOS, but for an $800 savings, it's well worth it. Any differences between the two are negligible...having been on Royal Caribbean before, you might notice (as I did) that the food presentation on Carnival wasn't as "wow" as RC, but the food was still good and we still came home a few lbs heavier as we always do, lol.

The Adventure of the Seas is a nicer ship than the Carnival Victory, but it's not $800 nicer.

Unlike Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries from Florida where you have several days to relax and enjoy the ship, The Southern Caribbean in general is very port intensive, so the time that you'll have to enjoy the ship will be more limited. With that said, look at the ports of call, and choose the itinerary that attracts you the most.

Unless neon green decoration has the potential of ruining your vacation, you can't go wrong with the Victory.

Going on X-mas cruise from Puerto Rico. DW and two sons 19 and 20. Carnival is $800 less for comparable cabins. Majority of the same ports.

Victory board is very active while Adventure OS is quiet.

I have found that RCCL has more to do on the ships than Carnival does. Having said that, I am booked on my second Victory cruise! Food was comparable, service was better on Carnival. I would save the 800, you can do a few awesome excursion with that $$.:cool:

We just returned from our Victory cruise a few weeks ago, and we've also done the AOS Southern a few years ago.. If you're comparing ships, I think AOS is a much nicer ship than Victory, but we had a great time on Victory and loved the fact that we were in a different port each day. $800 is a lot of money and if it were me, I'd definitely go for the Victory! ;) That money you save would probably pay your bar bill and excursions for the week :D

Enjoy your cruise, whichever you pick! :)

Decided on AOS due to past experience and activities for our sons. Probably would change our mind if I could have read everyone's response but we had to make a decision quickly. Should have posted here a few hours earlier. Enjoy your vacations!!!

Decided on AOS due to past experience and activities for our sons. Probably would change our mind if I could have read everyone's response but we had to make a decision quickly. Should have posted here a few hours earlier. Enjoy your vacations!!!

Enjoy yours too. You will have a great time!:)

Archived