Set Your DVR's:Oasis is coming!

cewtaldad

Sunday, Oct. 24th, 10:00 pm, Eastern time. The Learning Channel is set to show "Extreme Cruise Ship". Checked the website to confirm. It states, Over a thousand feet long, 208 feet wide, and 5 times bigger than the Titanic...She's Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas - the largest passenger ship in the world! Now you have a front row seat for this behemoth's busiest day.

Let's just hope they got it right this time and the show really is Oasis!:)

Sunday, Oct. 24th, 10:00 pm, Eastern time. The Learning Channel is set to show "Extreme Cruise Ship". Checked the website to confirm. It states, Over a thousand feet long, 208 feet wide, and 5 times bigger than the Titanic...She's Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas - the largest passenger ship in the world! Now you have a front row seat for this behemoth's busiest day.

Let's just hope they got it right this time and the show really is Oasis!:)

Thanks for the heads up ........

You know, I have always said we wouldn't do Oasis (or Allure) because they are just too big, but has I read wonderful reviews (and there is a great one right now with pics), it's making me reconsider. I'll have to watch this for sure.

You know, I have always said we wouldn't do Oasis (or Allure) because they are just too big, but has I read wonderful reviews (and there is a great one right now with pics), it's making me reconsider. I'll have to watch this for sure.

Oh, you must reconsider...I felt the same way. My husband really wanted to sail Oasis though. We just got off her yesterday....and I must say it was the best cruise ever!!!!!!

We did not find it crowded and found getting around very easy!!!

Have the DVR set. Is this the same show that was on the History Channel?

That's what I would like to know. I recorded the one that was on the History channel. It was a very interesting program more on the actual building of the ship. I would love to see a program with more footage of the completed ship and its activities.

If it is the same program that was shown on National Geographic Channel several weeks ago, it was very good. We will be on Jewel of the Seas when this program airs, so I will set my DVR in case it is a different show. Thanks for the heads up,:)

Oh, you must reconsider...I felt the same way. My husband really wanted to sail Oasis though. We just got off her yesterday....and I must say it was the best cruise ever!!!!!!

I am still not convinced. Perhaps if it was REALLY Cheap, and I mean DIRT cheap. Carnival cruise line cheap! :p

I know you're right, Miss Dot. I'm sure we will eventually, but I still have sticker shock when I check the prices. However, I'm sure it is worth the extra cost.

If it is the same program that was shown on National Geographic Channel several weeks ago, it was very good. We will be on Jewel of the Seas when this program airs, so I will set my DVR in case it is a different show. Thanks for the heads up,:)

We watched it as well and it was a pretty good show. Still could have done more to show you more of the ship itself though.

Our first cruise was on the Enchantment. My wife and I said, "This is great, but I don't think I'd like a bigger ship. Too many people." Then we sailed the Voyager-class, and loved it. More to see, more to do. The little cafe on the Promenade was located closer to our cabin and thus was a great spot to grab a coffee and pastry without climbing all the way to the buffet. The European-style bar was a nice, quiet, dark place to sip a beer. And we quickly learned that, the bigger the ship, the more places they have to hide all the people. The only times the ship felt crowded were getting on and off in ports, and shopping on the Promenade (because the shops were only open in the evening once at sea, so everyone flooded them). We're now booked on Oasis and love the idea. Cupcakes, donuts, water shows, oh my! :)

I know you're right, Miss Dot. I'm sure we will eventually, but I still have sticker shock when I check the prices. However, I'm sure it is worth the extra cost.

I felt the same way, and kept hoping prices would come down so we could experience it at least once, and then make up our minds. I love the sea and I'm so happy just being on a cruise ship, but the Oasis looked more like a resort on land than a cruise ship so not sure how we'll feel about it. But after reading the reviews and looking at the pictures, it sure looks great!

Occasionally, I would check the prices, and.... Saturday I was thrilled to come across a rate I am comfortable with, it's a military rate on Allure for January, so we put a 24 hour hold on it, and yesterday we booked it!!! :D:D:D Got a balcony D5 on deck 8 (so when I want just to look quietly at the ocean, I can sit in the balcony)

Archived