Set Your DVR's:Oasis is coming!

cewtaldad

We thought the show was fascinating ... I'd like to see an 8-part series! That might cover everything we all want to see. If not ... Season 2!!

My big question is - who takes $40,000 worth of jewelry with them for a week-long cruise??

I thought it was interesting that every problem that they showed with documentation has been discussed here on CC, except for the man whose assistant put his/her own name on the reservation!

Would LOVE to see Adam or Richard on Undercover Boss, particuarly working as a steward or galley cook! Or maybe the guys who go 'round the outside of the ship washing the windows/etc on port days!!

We had the impression it was filmed earlier in the summer, partially based on the number of US citizens & children aboard, and I believe they mentioned taking some extra food for the week in case they were delayed by a hurricane.

We had the impression it was filmed earlier in the summer, partially based on the number of US citizens & children aboard, and I believe they mentioned taking some extra food for the week in case they were delayed by a hurricane.

That's it! I knew I heard something to make me think it was not last year.

That's it! I knew I heard something to make me think it was not last year.

Loved the show. It was exactly what it was advertised as - the ship on its busiest day, turn around day. Sorry for the folks who didn't read the info and thought it was going to be a Samantha Brown type of show.

I read almost all the comments - someone mentioned it was filmed during Innaugural - I don't think so. But an interesting quesiton. Any CC members on Board when TLC was filming?

Temple1 I agree, the show was exactly what he title said it would be.

Turn around day is really interesting!

You can bet your bottom dollar Samantha Brown will be on board soon!

I am thinking summer because of all the crew comments of the heat and humidity.

I would have thought the same way as that newlyweds when it comes to paperwork. Putting information that you know to be inaccurate on paper work like that seem illegal or close to it but I guess that's the only way to get on. Does RCCL mention any guidelines about this scenario anywhere?

I want to say the name change isn't actually a legal name change until the bride registers it (if she chooses) with the local authorities (i.e. courthouse)

I know my wife used her maiden name for about a week until she had completed all of the assorted changes, DL, Military ID, Social Sec etc...

Name changes after a wedding seem to be a legal gray area. I have a friend who never legally changed her name, and now is trying to get a divorce, but the Military won't let her use her maiden name until she has a divorce decree. :confused:

Sorry to go so far OT.:o

BTW Travel Channel showed a Samantha Brown on the Freedom OTS this afternoon, and I think it's going to be on again either this evening or in a few days. It was "Great Cruises: Freedom of the Seas". I think that one is coming up again in a few days, and then one on a Carnivore Ship too.

For the DirecTV users out there if you do a search for keyword "cruise" it will bring up a bunch of different shows for the next month or so. And a lot of Tom's movies too. :D

There is quite a bit of stuff coming up, I think 4-5 different types of shows from business shows to travel documentaries a la Ms. Brown.

daze

As an FYI in case people don’t have DVR capabilities that can search, here is the listing for the show for the rest of the week:

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=2.1213.56278.0.0

As for the comments by people that wanted more info on the ship, keep in mind this was filmed by TLC (The learning Channel) and not the travel channel (with or without Samantha Brown), so the emphasize isn’t so much on the ports/food/entertainment that is travel theme, but more on the logistics of the crew working on the ship and at the port in how it handles the world’s largest ship during the busy day.

Similar to CNBC where they aired Cruise Inc. last year to discuss the business aspect of the cruise business and how the ship needs people to spend money on drinks to make money. Different perspectives on the same business/vacation. TLC need to maintain their core audience with emphasize on “L” part of the company and not making a 100% travel based show that is some other channel’s area.

Also by not just focusing on the ship, they can capture/keep a bigger portion of viewing audience that may never sail on the Oasis, but the other aspects of the show holds true no matter what ship/cruise line you sail on.

I like Samantha, but wanted more of the places she goes than her. However, I wanted more of the passenger areas as well.

Just trying to get my daughter to do that form letter for her two kids from first marriage. She said RCCL told her since she has sole custody and the father can't even visit his kids (long story about drugs) that the custody papers would be enough. But after last night, I'm urging her to get the form letter for backup:cool: You can never be too prepared!

Last February, we were almost half way to Houston when I realized I'd left my cruise portfolio with everything in it except passports, we keep those around our necks,(private tour reservations, set sail pass, etc) on the kitchen table:eek: We met my daughter half way back home and she brought it to us, but by the time we got to Galveston at 3:30 PM I was a basket case. Sure was a good thing there was heavy fog that day and in fact we didn't leave port until past midnight, so we really lucked out....close call:o

I thought that it was a good show. Showed a completely different side of cruising.

For those that missed the National Geographic "Worlds Largest Cruise Ship" it will air again on Thursday 11/04 at 9:00 PM EST. It was also a very good show.

I'll be on my cruise then!

I was too, and found it very interesting. But like the above poster, I was dissappointed they didn't show more of the ship. May be another time......

I also agree with the comments about the travel channel. I used to watch it all the time years ago, when most of their shows were about travel in general, I love their cruise shows, hotel reviews, etc., now when I check the schedule, there is nothing that appeals to me.:mad:

I posted a note on their FB page, saying there should be less of a concentration on food (or at least rotate the shows so one program isn't a nightly marathon), & they replied that people travel to Eat (then why don't they do a show on cruise-line buffets?)

I think this may be the best cruise documentary produced in years. It's a nice change from the repetitive cruise documentaries we've become accustomed to. This one focuses entirely on the turn around day and goes into the areas usually missed. It even stresses the important things like paper work and getting back to the ship by showing the consequences where others seem to make them into a joke. If your looking for lots of Oasis shots this isn't for you but if your interested in cruises this is very well done.

I agree--it was fascinating to see the behind the scenes, but for "shots of Oasis" , do check out Aquahounds pictorial review. Beautiful shots, and very thorough:)

Just watched the show on our re-writeable DVD last night and we really enjoyed it. It makes you realize what's happening in the morning of disembarkation while you are arriving at the port. As hard as these crew members work, it's still amazing to me that they can keep a smile and be so friendly all of the time.

Those taping....I found that the HD stations are at a different time than the regular station. Maybe thats why you ended up taping a different show....hey Cake Boss ain't so bad, love that show!! :D

It aired here on Sunday night at 10PM on TLC and will air again on Saturday at 7PM.

If anyone checked and couldn't find it listed, I would check again today. I checked when everyone was posting the times and I was seeing the Pastry competition too as someone else said. I just checked again now and it will be on tonight at 7pm and also 2am Wednesday morning. I still don't have it listed for this weekend but that might change too so if you missed it, search again!:)

If anyone checked and couldn't find it listed, I would check again today. I checked when everyone was posting the times and I was seeing the Pastry competition too as someone else said. I just checked again now and it will be on tonight at 7pm and also 2am Wednesday morning. I still don't have it listed for this weekend but that might change too so if you missed it, search again!:)

I saw the pastry comp last night when checking the guide [i'm on TW]. I'll check tonight, hope they switched it.

Archived