Shareholding in Carnival

kloegel

I just received my shipboard credit from Liza. She is wonderful, as I have utlized her services before. Princess has a fine employee in Liza.

I just faxed her the information (at the new number) and my credit was on the account in a couple of days. She e-mailed me back (e-mail is included in my folder of goodies to take with me onboard) a confirmation, which I like in case of any problems. We are also getting a SBC from our travel service as that does not constitute double dipping.:)

I always bring all of my documentation along especially now that the credits are not showing in MyPrincess as Paul92907 mentioned..

Bon Voyage...

Either way, you can request an email confirmation.

Well, you can REQUEST an e-mail confirmation, but you aren't going to get one. According to Liza, this is a new procedure. The confirmation goes to the travel agent. Why, I don't know. Makes no sense to me since it's an ONBOARD credit, not a credit that reduces the cruise fare.

I'm not sure when you got your last e-mail confirmation, but I was unable to get one last week. And I provided two e-mail addresses. I've always faxed a cover letter with the broker's statement and requested and got an e-mailed confirmation. The last time I did it was for a cruise in June.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has RECENTLY gotten an e-mail confirming the stockholder OBC.

........ Frankly, why should my travel agent need to know about my stock investments. The shareholder credit is ONBOARD credit, not something that needs to be deducted from the cost of the trip.

If I CHOOSE to tell someone I own Carnival stock, that's my business. I don't particularly appreciate the cruise company revealing what I view as personal information.

I totally agree with the above post. My investment should be my own business -- why should it concern the travel agent? I thyink Princess is just trying to make it more difficult for S/H to enjoy the S/H benefits.

I totally agree with the above post. My investment should be my own business -- why should it concern the travel agent? I thyink Princess is just trying to make it more difficult for S/H to enjoy the S/H benefits.

Guess what? Your travel agent always knew you had CCL stock because the shareholder obc's show on your booking.

They renew them every year ...I really appreciate my OBC It covers tips and incidentals like the goodies I pick up at the shops

My OBC has actually covered what I paid for my stock ...TERRIFIC!!! so it is really nice to get

Can someone tell me how long it takes for Lisa to confirm I did pay in full recently ?

They renew them every year ...I really appreciate my OBC It covers tips and incidentals like the goodies I pick up at the shops

My OBC has actually covered what I paid for my stock ...TERRIFIC!!! so it is really nice to get

Can someone tell me how long it takes for Lisa to confirm I did pay in full recently ?

That sounds great but I thought I read it wouldn't cover gratuities. If it does, even better!

That sounds great but I thought I read it wouldn't cover gratuities. If it does, even better!

It covers onboard purchases and gratuities...

Well, you can REQUEST an e-mail confirmation, but you aren't going to get one. According to Liza, this is a new procedure. The confirmation goes to the travel agent. Why, I don't know. Makes no sense to me since it's an ONBOARD credit, not a credit that reduces the cruise fare.

I'm not sure when you got your last e-mail confirmation, but I was unable to get one last week. And I provided two e-mail addresses. I've always faxed a cover letter with the broker's statement and requested and got an e-mailed confirmation. The last time I did it was for a cruise in June.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has RECENTLY gotten an e-mail confirming the stockholder OBC.

First of all -- I do not give out my brokerage information to a travel agent. I fax the brokerage information myself (their stock only and the account (account number blacked out)) and my name and address (also on brokerage statement) myself to Liza with a coversheet and a copy of the final bill and a nice note and include my e-mail address and I request a confirmation. My travel agent has nothing to do with this -- not even discussed...

Liza handles everything promptly and sends back a reply within a few days... No problem and no TA seeing my brokerage statement...

We are considering purchasing Carnival stock but I noticed that the benefits expire July 2011. Do they continually advance that date or is that the end of this benefit as we have 2 cruises booked with Princess in Sept 2011?

Thanks

The benefits are renewed on an annual basis and it is included in the prospectus. If you check around using the search feature you can see a copy of that annual statement page of the "stockholder benefit" with all of the contacts for all Carnival lines for which the benefit is available.

Everyone Good Luck and Happy Cruising....

First of all, why on earth would the travel agent have access to your brokerage information? The only information Princess tells them is the amount of your obc. I'm very careful in making sure Carnival only sees what they need to see (i.e. I own 100 shares of CCL stock) no dollar amounts and certainly no other stock holdings, cash, etc. goes to them. Secondly, I do use a travel agent and I did got an email confimration from Liza on 10/7/10:

"This email will serve as confirmation that your booking noted below has been issued a $XXX Carnival shareholder benefit shipboard credit.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151"

I believe there is some conflict in the information we are sharing.

I EMAILED the shareholderbenefits address last Friday and on Monday Oct 18 (3 days ago) received a confirmation email from Liza McDaniels. My email to CCL included booking and payment information from both my TA and from Princess, so it was obvious that I booked through a Travel Agency.

The system apparently works via email. I recall a previous time I faxed the information in and received no confirmation other than the credit showing on my cruise personalizer. Maybe Faxing is the issue, as it is simple and quick to Reply to email with a confirmation.

-----

My stock holdings are available online, so I simply take a screenshot which includes the CCL stock and the date, import it into a photo editor, drop blackout squares on private information, save, and send as an email attachment.

Liza usually handles it in one or two business days.

I believe there is some conflict in the information we are sharing.

I EMAILED the shareholderbenefits address last Friday and on Monday Oct 18 (3 days ago) received a confirmation email from Liza McDaniels. My email to CCL included booking and payment information from both my TA and from Princess, so it was obvious that I booked through a Travel Agency.

The system apparently works via email. I recall a previous time I faxed the information in and received no confirmation other than the credit showing on my cruise personalizer. Maybe Faxing is the issue, as it is simple and quick to Reply to email with a confirmation.

-----

My stock holdings are available online, so I simply take a screenshot which includes the CCL stock and the date, import it into a photo editor, drop blackout squares on private information, save, and send as an email attachment.

I've always faxed the info directly to Liza. I'll definitely try doing it via e-mail the next time.

My investment statement is also online but I didn't want to e-mail it because other investments appear on the same page. That's why I fax; I use a marker to black out the info I don't want to share with Princess.

I'm not very computer savvy. I understand taking a screen shot, but I don't know about a photo editor. I guess if I have one, I don't know what it is.

Are you referring to PhotoShop? I know I don't have that. Can you give me the name of some other photo editing program that might be "standard" on a computer, rather than software that's an additional purchase? (See what I mean, I'm REALLY NOT computer savvy! :o)

Thanks!!

I've always faxed the info directly to Liza. I'll definitely try doing it via e-mail the next time.

My investment statement is also online but I didn't want to e-mail it because other investments appear on the same page. That's why I fax; I use a marker to black out the info I don't want to share with Princess.

I'm not very computer savvy. I understand taking a screen shot, but I don't know about a photo editor. I guess if I have one, I don't know what it is.

Are you referring to PhotoShop? I know I don't have that. Can you give me the name of some other photo editing program that might be "standard" on a computer, rather than software that's an additional purchase? (See what I mean, I'm REALLY NOT computer savvy! :o)

Thanks!!

Do you have a scanner? I print my online statement, use a magic marker to black out everything by CCL, my name and such. Then I scan the page and attach it to an email.

I notice a lot of Princess cruises are giving away onboard credits when you book. Do you then get your shareholder credit on top?

e.g the cruise I have booked for next year has an automatic £400 (£200 per person)will that then be increased to £525 if I have shares?

I notice a lot of Princess cruises are giving away onboard credits when you book. Do you then get your shareholder credit on top?

e.g the cruise I have booked for next year has an automatic £400 (£200 per person)will that then be increased to £525 if I have shares?

You do get both credits.

Thanks caribill.

I'll just watch for the price to drop a bit then empty the piggy bank.

Obviously I hope the price rockets back up after that for all you existing investors and me. :D

Very timely thread - just booked 2 back-to-back cruises on Princess of 14+ days :-)

I took a look at the pdf you guys linked here (thanks), it has this line: "..anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer." Does anyone know what exactly a "reduced-rate" is? Anything that's below their brochure price??

Also, the cruises are in a month, so I understand I can still go ahead, buy the stock now and do the paperwork in time for the cruises to get the OBC?

Thanks for sharing the info here....probably wouldn't even have thought about this if not for this thread.

Archived