Specialty Restaurant on the Millennium....good or bad?

HappyCampers3

Recently saw two contadictory posts regarding specialty dining on the Millennium. If you've dined there in the past, what is your opinion?

We crusied on the millennium last November and dined in the speciality restaurant on several occasions and found the food & serviceto be excellent. I would especially recommend the goats cheese souffle.

Recently saw two contadictory posts regarding specialty dining on the Millennium. If you've dined there in the past, what is your opinion?

In the past, Frommer's rates the Millennium class ships' alternative restaurants, as the "best at sea". This includes all cruise lines, even the luxury lines.

I agree, they are very, very good. I've dinned in these restaurants, perhaps six or seven times.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We dined in the Millennium specialty restaurant "twice" on our cruise. The first time was with my wife and I and had a great meal with quality service. The second time was with some new friends from England that we met on board. One of them was celebrating a very special birthday and they made a special cake for her. The chef came by to check on us and we had one of our best speciality restaurant experiences ever. Enjoy!

We loved the Olympic restaurant. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. Plus, the history of the decor is fascinating. There is a video shown in the restaurant lobby telling about how the wood decor had once been on the cruise ship Olympic - the sister ship to Titanic. We felt like we were dining with a bit of maritime history.

We dined in the Olympic only once on our cruise in April, but the service and the food were both excellent. Our dinner companions had been on the Millenium several times and the waiters remembered them!! I would definately recommend it. On our next cruise, we have prebooked two nights in the specialty restaurant.

The menu sounds wonderful- I'm intreagued by the escargot torellini.

What are people's favourite dishes?

Cheers,

Tonight, I would order -- Warm Goat cheese souffle; Lobster Bisque; and the Filet Mignon. YUM!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Oh I love that menu as well:D....I enjoy a lot of the items.

It might sound simple but those tomatoes and Mozz are fabulous!:)

And if you want something different the baked pear is delicious too.

Most folks go for the goat cheese~I have tried every appetizer

on there and in my opinion, they are ALL wonderful. Just depends

on what you enjoy.

The filet is usually outstanding as is the lamb. Just depends on your

preference.:)

DH and I have dined in the Olympic many times during several Millie cruises. We try to eat there at least three times on every cruise because it is sooooo good! Tudor, Giovanni, Walter and the rest of the staff are the best. If you dine there more than once on a cruise, you get even better service that may include being offered items that are not on the menu. We would eat there every night if our budget would allow.

The Lobster and steak sounds wonderful.... We are going to be on Millennium (first time on X ) in May.... and unfortunatly due to a situation any extra costs will be a problem for us.... Can someone tell me if Lobster is available in the MDR. We will be celebrating a milestone birthday and our anniversary. If Lobster is not in the MDR then I better try to save a bit more to enjoy what sounds like an amazing meal.

DH and I have dined in the Olympic many times during several Millie cruises. We try to eat there at least three times on every cruise because it is sooooo good! Tudor, Giovanni, Walter and the rest of the staff are the best. If you dine there more than once on a cruise, you get even better service that may include being offered items that are not on the menu. We would eat there every night if our budget would allow.

I was on Summit in May and did just that:D. I had a friend working

on board and she and I ate in Normandie all week. 2 or 3 nights we

had food prepared that was not on the menu~it was simply outstanding:)

My husband and I ate at the Specialty restaurant twice on our Alaskan cruise in June. Our first meal was good and we booked a second meal here because the food and service in the MDR was just awful. (We made the huge mistake of choosing select dining...never again unless we are guaranteed the issues are worked out. Since the waiters had already received their tip they did nothing to provide even minimal service. One night only 2 people out of our table of 8 received a drink until dessert was served!!). Food in the MDR was below average, food in the Olympic is a step above but it's sad that we had to pay extra to get a decent meal.

Since the waiters had already received their tip they did nothing to provide even minimal service.

We did Select too. I felt it wasn't so much they didn't care as that they were very rushed. There were only two sommeliers for the entire Select dining area - quite a large space.

We did think the evening buffet offering was crap but it appears that problem is currently being addressed.

The Lobster and steak sounds wonderful.... We are going to be on Millennium (first time on X ) in May.... and unfortunatly due to a situation any extra costs will be a problem for us.... Can someone tell me if Lobster is available in the MDR. We will be celebrating a milestone birthday and our anniversary. If Lobster is not in the MDR then I better try to save a bit more to enjoy what sounds like an amazing meal.

Hello,

We just got back from the Millennium last night. We had a wonderful cruise! We celebrated the night of our 30th wedding anniversary in the specialty restaurant and received such wonderful service and our meal was outstanding. If you can afford to treat yourselves, I would suggest making reservations! However, that being said, if it is not in your budget to do so, there was lobster (which also came with scallops and shrimp) on the second formal night in the MDR. I thought this was the best dinner we had in the MDR. Make sure you have your anniversary noted in your reservation.

You will love the Millie!

Enjoy!

Nancy

Archived