bring own drinks????

luvdod

This will be my 1st cruise on RCCL with my daughter over Thanksgiving and I was wondering if you are allowed to bring own pop (soda) and/or water....if so, how much of either?

There are a number of other posts I have seen recently that address this. RCCL has a policy that no outside beverages are allowed (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). I think for a time they would confiscate them and sometimes give them back at the end of the cruise..... but the newest versions of the policy and the information I received for my cruise over Thanksgiving states they will be taken and discarded.

The newest version I received also stated that if you get caught trying to bring alcoholic beverages aboard they may deny you boarding. Haven't heard of it going to that extreme!

There are lots of stories of people who managed to get them through... and many more that got busted. Some people have been able to sneak through a 6 pack of soda or water....others not.

You can always try! But be prepared to have it thrown away!

This will be my 1st cruise on RCCL with my daughter over Thanksgiving and I was wondering if you are allowed to bring own pop (soda) and/or water....if so, how much of either?

Almost no one has had a problem carrying on a small number of bottles of water and/or pop.

It was a response to a post I placed here about 2 months ago asking that question regarding wine & champagne. You can order ahead of time to have in your stateroom, right?

Interesting wording...............WHO told you this? It is not correct.

I appologize, my mistake. When I posted the question about 2 months ago in regard to bringing wine & champage, I posted it both here on the RCL boards AND on the Celebrity boards. At the time we were looking at either the Explorer out of Bayone or the Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore.

We decided on the Explorer cruise.

Anne

I had been told that 1 bottle of wine per adult was allowed......now I'm confused.

Hope the enforcement does not get too extreme. I'm planning to bring a half dozen cartons of nonfat soy milk on my Baltic cruise, since I've never been able to find it on a cruise (the nonfat part is the problem).

Bill

I appologize, my mistake. When I posted the question about 2 months ago in regard to bringing wine & champage, I posted it both here on the RCL boards AND on the Celebrity boards. At the time we were looking at either the Explorer out of Bayone or the Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore.

We decided on the Explorer cruise.

Anne

Exactly. Celebrity allows it; Royal Caribbean does not. :)

Hope the enforcement does not get too extreme. I'm planning to bring a half dozen cartons of nonfat soy milk on my Baltic cruise, since I've never been able to find it on a cruise (the nonfat part is the problem).

Bill

I'm planning on bringing 2 small bottles of Coconut water on with me. If they take it I'm only out $4. Best thing for a hangover. It's not like they carry it on board.

We bring 2 12 packs of soda each cruise. diet pepsi for me and diet dr pepper for my wife. We have never had a problem with the sodas coming on board. On our last march cruise, we got called to the naughty room. the staff had me open my bag, they looked at the sodas and said we were fine. The great part about it for my wife. Once we drink the soda's she has a bag to put all the crap in she buys on the cruise.

Rob

Just off Radiance. We brought on three bottles of Coke in Cozumel and tequila in Costa Maya. The booze - they scanned it and told us to take it around the corner to the table. There was no table. We brought it back to the room and will give it to a relative this week. Go figure. I think this is a hit and miss thing :cool:

That was in their carry on, right???

In my opinion, carry-on is the way to go with a few bottles. If you put it in your checked bag, you run the chance of rough handling causing a mess. In addition, if they flag your bag for the bottles, you will have to go down to Deck 2 to open your bag and show them that it isn't alcohol. Very inconvenient.

DH doesn't drink and took 6 2liter bottles in checked luggage on Sept/Oct b2b on Radiance. BTW with Diamond lounge we ended up giving one full bottle to cabin stewart at end of mth. Interestingly, someone mentioned they brought a 6 pk of beer on at one port and it easily went thru scanner (no one ever mentions beer). Our cabin was on deck 2 and yes, "the naughty rm" was very active at the beginning of each of our cruises (Alaska and S.D.).

Just off Radiance. We brought on three bottles of Coke in Cozumel and tequila in Costa Maya. The booze - they scanned it and told us to take it around the corner to the table. There was no table. We brought it back to the room and will give it to a relative this week. Go figure. I think this is a hit and miss thing :cool:
We've had that happen on several cruises. No one at the table to turn in our purchases.

At least once the line was long at the table. We were hot and tired and just walked on by. Nobody said anything.

Our shore purchases have always been to bring back so it really doesn't matter if we keep them or have them show up on the last night.

Charlie

In my opinion, carry-on is the way to go with a few bottles. If you put it in your checked bag, you run the chance of rough handling causing a mess. In addition, if they flag your bag for the bottles, you will have to go down to Deck 2 to open your bag and show them that it isn't alcohol. Very inconvenient.

Thank you, only want to bring 6 pack of Pepsi for hubby.

Archived