FLL airport to ship

LynnSD

Excuse me if this is a silly question - we have never been in FLL and just booked a last minute Celebrity cruise so I'm a little panicky getting things in order.... Could someone please advise me on the best way to get from the airport to the port, and how long does it take? Due to work we have to take a red-eye arriving same day as the cruise, which is not ideal....

Thanks! Lynn

We usually always take the redeye from LAX-FLL day of cruise (have never had a problem and we are usually the first in line at the terminal)..a nonstop or connecting through ATL..Arriving anywhere from 6:45-9:10am..Take a taxi (approx $15-18 for two ask for the flate rate)) from the airport to Port Everglades approx 10-15 min depending on traffic on the off ramp.. Not sure about Celebrity but if it's POM use www.ridesas.com approx 45 min and $13.00pp...Enjoy !!!!

Excuse me if this is a silly question - we have never been in FLL and just booked a last minute Celebrity cruise so I'm a little panicky getting things in order.... Could someone please advise me on the best way to get from the airport to the port, and how long does it take? Due to work we have to take a red-eye arriving same day as the cruise, which is not ideal....

Thanks! Lynn

If you land at FLL after 7am or so, you will think that you are landing on your ship. :eek:

The airport is that close to the docks. :):D:)

Google 'map port everglades' to get an idea.

Thanks! Lynn

Hi Lynn:) the airport is about 12 minutes from the ship:D;) give or

take a few minutes and the best way to get there is a cab. There are

tons of them outside of the baggage claim area.

Have a wonderful cruise...you must be going on Solstice:Dshe is

awesome. I sailed her last month:)

15 minute ride to the ship at Port Everglades from FLL airport....and about $15 -$18 w/tip each way. Just reverse the process when you get off the ship to head back to the airport. Plenty of taxi's at airport and pier.

Sorry..I couldn't resist..but why didn't you just copy/paste my #2 post dated over a week ago :rolleyes:

Sorry..I couldn't resist..but why didn't you just copy/paste my #2 post dated over a week ago :rolleyes:

Sometimes members appreciate a consistent answer from personal experience for validity;)....regardless of when you posted your response and I posted mine ? So why are you worrying that I basically have experienced the same as you and offered the same advice ? :eek:

Hi,

I am kinda new to the site, but I am a avid traveler. At FLL there is a cab company called Go Airport Shuttle. They have both town cars and vans for transportation. The drivers are very nice. You might pay alittle for it, but they will provide a nice ride and service to the port. I am not sure, but you could also book them for a return trip also.

Thanks for all your responses, it was a big help. We will be getting in early on a red-eye from LAX, so I am assuming we'll have a bit of a long wait in the cruise terminal.

My only remaining logistics problem is finding the best/least costly way from San Diego to LAX -- probably a one-way car rental.

Thanks again!

Lynn

Thanks for all your responses, it was a big help. We will be getting in early on a red-eye from LAX, so I am assuming we'll have a bit of a long wait in the cruise terminal.

My only remaining logistics problem is finding the best/least costly way from San Diego to LAX -- probably a one-way car rental.

Thanks again!

Lynn

Before you settle on a one way car rental, take a look at the train.

Archived