Who else calls on Half Moon Cay

MSTEG

Beside the fleet of HAL vessels, are there any other cruise lines that stop at HMC on their Caribbean itineraries? If there are, is there an easy why to find out what other ships may be there on a particular day?

We will be on the Westerdam 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise in January with a stop at HMC on Sat 1/22.

Beside the fleet of HAL vessels, are there any other cruise lines that stop at HMC on their Caribbean itineraries? If there are, is there an easy why to find out what other ships may be there on a particular day?

We will be on the Westerdam 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise in January with a stop at HMC on Sat 1/22.

The site that I go to only lists the Westerdam as being there that day. Hopefully that will be the case and lucky you!! :D

If there are, is there an easy why to find out what other ships may be there on a particular day?

I just gotta ask the question:

If you were to learn that another ship were to call there - What would it mean for you?

Would you cancel/reschedule the cruise?

Carnival ships do use Half moon Cay. But they are never there on the same day that a HAL ship is there.

It may be wrong, but cruisett.com says that on 21 Apr 2011 the Carnival Destiny and the Zuiderdam will both be there.

It may be wrong, but cruisett.com says that on 21 Apr 2011 the Carnival Destiny and the Zuiderdam will both be there.

John..

Do you think it could be a a mistake..In April 2011 Destiny is doing 4 day cruises out of Miami, including Key west & Cozumel & does not indicate a stop in HMC....I can only pull up the April 14 & April 22 cruise, but can't pull up the April 18-22 cruise...Is it possible that it's been chartered with a stop in HMC....:eek:

However, It does not show on Cruise timetables for April 21 though & on Cruise report it only show Zuiderdam there..

If so, what would preclude them from using HMC throughout the caribbean season with other HAL ships? I hope it is a mistake as would not like to share the Island with another large Carnival ship..

Cheers...:)Betty.

Do you think it could be a a mistake..If so, what would preclude them from using HMC throughout the caribbean season with other HAL ships? I hope it is a mistake as would not like to share the Island with another large Carnival ship..
I don't know in this specific case. I only went looking because in past years there have been instances of HAL & Carnival sharing the day in Apr or Oct, and I was curious if that was still being done.

I have been there when there have been two HAL Vistas at Half Moon Cay. Didn't think it was that crowded but we do like to get out early and eat lunch early. One ship brought the lunch for all. Last time with only one ship there, I stayed on board while my DH went out early to take photos. We then had lunch on board. Some people don't get off, some get off for a short time and others stay the day. It is not 4,000 passengers on the island at once.

HAL only share Half moon Cay with other 'dam ships. If the Carnival ship is due to call on the same day then they swap their schedule and not call at HMC on the same day. When Carnival first started calling I believe the diversion port was Freeport in the Bahamas.

As to other lines I believe P&O and Cunard ships have also called there, again on days when there was no 'dam ship in port. Windstar also used to call when it was owned by HAL.

Archived