Anyone have a Vacation Critter??

ThisFemmeKat

My friends and I took a CTN out of NYC a few years ago and stayed one night before in a Midtown Hotel. We ended up finding a small plastic toy dog on the floor of the hotel room - that had been lovingly painted with green spots (someone has a creative child!). We adopted him and named him Tiny. He has been on several vacations with us since -and plenty more nights about town in Toronto.

He always makes for the best photos and reminds us to take photos more often.. since someone is walking around holding the little guy :p

Thanks for the idea I might have to find a special friend for our family!

It's great fun! Especially trying to think of creative places and situations to picture them in.. PJ is a monkey for of course he loves to climb things like trees. and since he has velcro on his hands we dont have to carry him around he just hangs on our back or around my gf's head..

I'm so torn...Monkey has been talking non-stop about the cruise....plus I'd have to pay to change his name....decisions, decisions. ;)

LMAO!!! so true.. these are important factors to consider.. I cant wait to see the pics to see how it all turns out. lol

My sisters and I have a dinosaur handpuppet named Krohn. He goes everywhere that my sister Jenni goes. Unfortunately, she now has two children and doesn't travel as often, so Krohn spends most of his time packed away :(

Krohn in Vegas:

n1435777712_30062752_7650.jpg

At Disney World:

n1435777712_30022188_4017.jpg

In Jackson, Wyoming:

6174_634074183648_55705421_37221950_4352210_n.jpg

And he did go on our 2005 Carnival cruise with us but I can't find any pictures from that at the moment, boo.

On every cruise we have been on my son (10 cruises by age 6) has had a certain toy that he has carried around with him, Thomas the Train, marbles, a Nemo fish, Lightning McQueen...and this was our Yoshi cruise. Yoshi went everywhere with us! In Cozumel he even sat in the big chair to get his picture taken when it was too scary for Ben. It was a match made in heaven....

And then it happened...as we were getting of the ship, we took an elevator down to customs. When the elevator door opened, DS5 jumped up to be first out of the elevator and he tripped. Yoshi fell down the crack between the elevator and the building. Poor Yoshi was lost forever! He was heartbroken!

Luckily as soon as we got back home we went to Toys R Us and found TWO new Yoshis!! And we all lived happily ever after........until the next cruise!

100_6957-2.jpg

On every cruise we have been on my son (10 cruises by age 6) has had a certain toy that he has carried around with him, Thomas the Train, marbles, a Nemo fish, Lightning McQueen...and this was our Yoshi cruise. Yoshi went everywhere with us! In Cozumel he even sat in the big chair to get his picture taken when it was too scary for Ben. It was a match made in heaven....

And then it happened...as we were getting of the ship, we took an elevator down to customs. When the elevator door opened, DS5 jumped up to be first out of the elevator and he tripped. Yoshi fell down the crack between the elevator and the building. Poor Yoshi was lost forever! He was heartbroken!

Luckily as soon as we got back home we went to Toys R Us and found TWO new Yoshis!! And we all lived happily ever after........until the next cruise!

100_6957-2.jpg

Poor Yoshi #1.. wait a fate... But at least there are more Yoshis to carry the torch.. Cant wait to see what critter goes on your next vacation..

It's great fun! Especially trying to think of creative places and situations to picture them in.. PJ is a monkey for of course he loves to climb things like trees. and since he has velcro on his hands we dont have to carry him around he just hangs on our back or around my gf's head..

Mr Cat in the Hat always wants to be in the embarkation photo too! We did have a discussion with the check in personell regarding our lack of documentation for Mr. Hat. :D

(I realize this is the Carnival board...forgive me that faux paux. LOL)

SpiritEmbark.jpg

Glad I read the posts...when I read the OP's title...I though ugh oh...critters...the kind you find in your bed in NY and several other places nowadays!! We just recently took Flat Stanley to Disney with us during our Magic Music Days trip for the girls' dance studio. We had soooo much fun taking his pics!! I will try to find one to post!

Waddles the Penguin is my Avatar.

He is very well known in Cruise Critic circles.

He has taken 8 Carnival Cruises, met Captians, Waiters, Bartenders and has been featured on a few "Morning Shows" with the likes of Todd Wittmer and John Heald.

At Meet and Greet's, He is more recognized than I.

Check you "Vacation Video's"...

Waddles has appeared in many of those too.

Sorry, had meant to add a second picture, and oops....posted too soon!

Here is Duckie getting ready to hit the hot tub for some R&R

100_3984.jpg

100_3933.jpg

Duckie will be leaving for Miami on Saturday to go on his Western Caribbean Cruise on the Valor. Now if I can just keep him out of my DOD's...

Yes! We have cruise mascots! Mingo Flamingo is the most "famous". This girl has been around! LOL! Then came my DH's Mini Taz, who reminds him of his real long haired Chihuahua named Taz. Here they are in their most recent pic, hanging out with some friends on the Triumph earlier this month....(Notice that Mingo is wearing her Platinum pin & Mardi Gras beads!) Second pic is of Mingo playing cowgirl.

Not pictured is "Lambie" (a birthday gift from Lambknuckles).

TowelAnimals2.jpgMingoTowel2s.jpg

OOOH, I almost forgot this pic! Here are my Mingo and Mini Taz, along with Lambknuckles' "Lambie" and The Crazies' "Cap'n Pazzo" & "Machimo Marino", who were with Lambknuckles on the 2nd leg of the Crazies Conquest cruise in Sept. 2009. This was taken at our M&G.

Scots.jpg

Thanks for posting this it made me remember my little Buddy who has been in the closet for a while but he has been on a cruise and flown from Atlanta to San Juan and the trip back screaming Weeee most of the time. l_127101fce72d431e88fafbb233b1ae5b.jpgBut when I found him he needed batteries and when I put them in he wouldn't come on so I guess he will stay home.So I looked some more and found his buddies the racing one and the vacation one. They are limited edition and have never been out of their box l_c131e9965d0542a59a20ca3abb46e91c.jpgl_b4386ce3ea134b34b3b7ab390620cb21.jpgUntil Now the Vacation One would not come on when I put Batteries in so she will have to stay home to.But the racing one works so when we leave this weekend Earndhart the Furby will be on the trip with us we had a lot of fun with his buddy when we took him so thanks to this thread Earndhart the Furby says thanks for reminding his parents about him You got him out of the box and he will be on The Dream this weekend.

Archived