Anyone have a Vacation Critter??

ThisFemmeKat

I hope you have an awesome Dream cruise, FemmeKat! I had actually booked that cruise when it first came up, but I had to cancel due to a timing conflict. :mad: So please go and have a coffee mug full of vanilla frozen yogurt in my name. (I have an addiction to Carnival vanilla frozen yogurt!!! :o) Maybe your PJ and my Mingo can meet for some great photo ops some day!

OMG!!!! I love that Lamb! When & where did you get him (or her)?

Michele

I got him as a gift. I don't know where he is from. He has a pouch of lavender in his tummy. I can m'wave it and it's even more a scent.

The outfit is from the Build a Bear workshops on board. If he was a girl, I could have had a cheerleader type outfit, but as a boy, he got the shorts, shirt and ball cap.

Next time on board, if you have a standard sized critter, go to the Build a Bear workshop and try on outfits...

I'm loving this thread. We ended up with our monkey because we went on our anniversary last year to Universal Orlando and I won him somehow. I'd done a couple of flat Stanley's for friends so I thought it would be funny. DH thought I was crazy but after a while he was helping me find places to take photo's. :D

I got him as a gift. I don't know where he is from. He has a pouch of lavender in his tummy. I can m'wave it and it's even more a scent.

The outfit is from the Build a Bear workshops on board. If he was a girl, I could have had a cheerleader type outfit, but as a boy, he got the shorts, shirt and ball cap.

Next time on board, if you have a standard sized critter, go to the Build a Bear workshop and try on outfits...

Thanks, I'll do that.

I have three and all are camera shy. The first amd most traveled is "Cruise Bear" he was my very first cruise critter, then he invitd his sister "Cruisella" she has joined her brother on 2 cruises. The newest and largest critter is Duffy he is the largest bear in the bunch. All three are Disney Bears, Cruise Bear and Cruisella always travel "Au Natural" but Duffy is clad in his finest sailor outfit.

Next post will have the family photo of all three of them together.

PS they constantly fight over who is going with me next...LOL

I have three and all are camera shy. The first amd most traveled is "Cruise Bear" he was my very first cruise critter, then he invitd his sister "Cruisella" she has joined her brother on 2 cruises. The newest and largest critter is Duffy he is the largest bear in the bunch. All three are Disney Bears, Cruise Bear and Cruisella always travel "Au Natural" but Duffy is clad in his finest sailor outfit.

Camera shy critters??/ thats unexceptable especially since the whole point is how fun they are in pics.. lol I look forward to seeing a family photo..

Lambie used to be camera shy... but like all good "stage mothers" I got him to "come around!" Took the promise of chocolate and those wonderful Banana Split Smoothies on EACH and EVERY cruise... But now, he's HAPPY to pose and be posed... and reap his reward!!!!

232323232%7Ffp53389%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3B93%3A545232%3Anu0mrj

This thread now has me looking at random stuffed animals while shopping for other things and wondering how they would look with a DOD in hand. :o

LMAO.. *rubs hands together** Excellent my plan is working... soon these critter will take over THE WORLD!!! MUAHAHAHAHA

Lambie used to be camera shy... but like all good "stage mothers" I got him to "come around!" Took the promise of chocolate and those wonderful Banana Split Smoothies on EACH and EVERY cruise... But now, he's HAPPY to pose and be posed... and reap his reward!!!!

232323232%7Ffp53389%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3B93%3A545232%3Anu0mrj

Well, I can see that Mingo has been spending entirely too much time gazing out the window in our cabin. She's going to have to get out and mingle like her buddy Lambie has been doing! :D Can't wait for her to cruise with Lambie again!

For those who are planning to adopt a cruise buddy, I just thought I'd mention this..... If you plan to buy clothes for your buddy, you might want to choose a critter that is a "standard" size for "Build a Bear" type or doll clothes. Do some window shopping on ebay and try to choose a buddy that will fit in the available sized clothes. On ebay, they usually post the measurements of the clothes or the size critter they will fit. If you want a smaller critter, you might have to make your own clothes. But if you're handy with a sewing machine, that means the possibilities are endless! (Or your buddy can go with the "clothing optional" look. LOL!)

For those who are planning to adopt a cruise buddy, I just thought I'd mention this..... If you plan to buy clothes for your buddy, you might want to choose a critter that is a "standard" size for "Build a Bear" type or doll clothes. Do some window shopping on ebay and try to choose a buddy that will fit in the available sized clothes. On ebay, they usually post the measurements of the clothes or the size critter they will fit. If you want a smaller critter, you might have to make your own clothes. But if you're handy with a sewing machine, that means the possibilities are endless! (Or your buddy can go with the "clothing optional" look. LOL!)

PJ goes Nekkid right now.. but I do love the look of that Carnival shirt Lambie has.. I wonder if it will fit PJ.. hhmmmm

PJ goes Nekkid right now.. but I do love the look of that Carnival shirt Lambie has.. I wonder if it will fit PJ.. hhmmmm

PJ appears to be just the right size for Build a Bear clothes! I can see a Carnival outfit in his near future.....Very near future.... LOL!

My partner in crime, "Stowaway Freddy" is rather famous on the ships. Back in September he was even asked to fill in for the Captain on the bridge!;)

101_3153.jpg

101_3156.jpg

Here is a link to his last review. His other reviews can be found in my signature.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1287288

BAB recently came out with Mini Furry Friends - I'm hoping wardrobes for them soon follow! That would mean even more options! :)

This thread now has me looking at random stuffed animals while shopping for other things and wondering how they would look with a DOD in hand. :o

And... that's NOT STRANGE in the least!!! Hee hee hee...

A stuffed animal at AA... I can see it now.... :rolleyes: ... :p and no, I'm not intending to be insensitive of those with drinking problems... just SILLY...

I'm waiting for the right critter to call to me. With 3 little girls (and a former obsession for Beanie Babies) we have plenty of them lying around to choose from...lol!

I'm GUILTY too!!!

I'm afraid to count or admit my count of BB... collected since 1993... :o

Archived