Anyone have a Vacation Critter??

ThisFemmeKat

I have PJ the Adventure Monkey.. He is a cheeky monkey and gets in all sorts of trouble on our trips.. There is a pic of him in my signature. I was wondering if anyone else had one.. Please post pics here.. I will post some more pics of the trouble I have caught him in.. like boozing it up in a cabin on the Imagination with the towel elephant and towel seal.. They stole my bottle of champagne I won..

We've got one of those traveling gnomes.

My 16 YO son thought it was stupid. We were at a Planet Hollywood somewhere and all the young waitress's kept coming by to visit and get their picture taken with Norm the Gnome. He now borrows Norm occasionaly. :D

We have a little plasticy salamander that we won playing games at our local fair a couple of summers ago. I took it to Hawaii shortly after and took pictures to show my SO when I got home since he couldn't make the trip with me. Now we take "Sally" with us on our trips and take silly pictures of his adventures. So far he's been to Hawaii, Vegas, and a road trip through BC and Alberta. Next up will be Vegas in a couple of weeks as well as cruising in April. :)

I was a chaperone to Costa Rica and one of the students couldn't come so his teacher made a flat stanley of him. We took all kinds of pictures with him. He really enjoyed them when we got home.

Unruly Rhino. He runs up my S&S account with many many scotch’s, then I take the heat from my wife. Plus he has had a few run ins’ with ships security and given them my S&S card, and makes a habit of befouling the bathroom at least once a day. Damn him!

Oh yes, and he’s invisible.

My daughter's friend once brought along "Luau" a small stuffed pig. While my daughter & friend weren't around my husband & I took Luau on little jaunts and took pictures, but didn't tell them. Luau was playing the slots, on the water slide, in the life ring, having an ice cream cone, etc. When I made up a DVD photo montage of our cruise I added in a whole section of Luau on his cruise. They really got a good laugh out of it. Got me thinking of a new idea for our upcoming cruise.

We have a teddy bear that goes with us once in awhile, but two years ago my niece nephew who wanted to cruise with us, were unable so we brought them along in stick photos and took bunches of pics with them on board, they loved it when we got home and showed them all the places"they" went. Here are just a few around the ship

P4260049.JPG

P4260050.JPG

P4260055.JPG

P4260053.JPG

P4270187.JPG

Meet Cuddly, Mary, Roxie and Rudy. They have been on all of our vacations, including all 6 cruises. They will be with us next month on the Destiny. I don't think DS (16) owner of Roxie and Rudy (the reindeers) and DD(13) owner of Cuddly and Mary (the lambs) will ever go on an overnight trip without them. This is a picture of them on the Carnival Freedom last year.attachment.php?attachmentid=173305&stc=1&d=1288200468

P1010023.jpg.bf894b95e17d927052e61df869de1f8c.jpg

I am planning on taking Mr. Crinkles on my next cruise. he is one of my sons toys (my son is 9 months old). Mr. Crinkles is a elephant who is mostly flat and his tummy has crinkles in it so he ... crinkles. and his head is a rattle.

I am going to take photos of him all over so I can show my son when i get home.

These guys... On the left is Cap'n Pazzo and on the right is Machimo Marino...

CraziesSep26072.jpg

Here they are with Captain Sammartano, master of the Conquest and Marvin Barrantes, the Hotel Director...

CraziesSep26139.jpg

with Stitch and Chris Jefferson...

CraziesSep26142.jpg

Machimo and Cap'n Pazzo. Please not the Captain's very own Carnival crew member name tag...

CraziesSep26234.jpg

Last November my husband and I went on a cruise and my college age son, John, really wanted to go with us but couldn't because of school. When John was born, he had some medical problems requiring several surgeries over the next few years. At each surgery, test or procedure, they took his bear with him. The bear would come back with bandages, masks, tubes, etc. This bear went with John everywhere for many years.

At the last minute I decided to take his stuffed bear on the cruise with us. I took pictures of "Beary" packing, riding in suburban, waiting to board, sitting on balcony, at dinner and gambling and all over the ship. He loved the towel animals every evening. I did not tell John that Beary went with us, but had my cruise pictures set as screensaver.

When he came home from college he was looking at monitor and suddenly jumps up and starts stomping around "You took Beary on a cruise and not ME!!!"

This year in December we are going on another cruise and John is going with us - I don't know about Beary, though. Nowadays he holds up cheerleaders instead of Beary.

these posts are awesome.. i can tell this will be a fun thread.. those of you who mentioned them but didnt have a pic, please post pics of your special adventure friends. We would love to see them all.. keep the great stories and pics coming.. Im loving them.. and maybe it will inspire others to adopt a critter.. Favorite this page and come back after your upcoming trips and post a new pic.. lets see how creative we can get.. here's a couple of PJ's antics.

SDC10481.jpg

SDC10345.jpg

PJ6.jpg

aww Monkey is so cute.. Love him..

I have seen Billy around the boards several times.. I love that grumpy lil man..

The story of how Beary came to be is sad and sweet at the same time. I think he should go with you guys next time and your son can take some pics with him for old times sake.. Afterall, they go way back.. lol

does this little guy belong to one of you? I tried to pick him up but unfortunately he was more interested in the game. Then he beat me at trivia, never trust a cute monkey! My ego has still not recovered :o

hmm, not sure how to get the large photos on

28517_391517085980_569115980_4687873_4444044_n.jpg.d6407829851e33f277cf7e3b1004ca00.jpg

963750143_cruise117.jpg.2ae39f8805b52e07587d2b03c0dfce17.jpg

does this little guy belong to one of you? I tried to pick him up but unfortunately he was more interested in the game. Then he beat me at trivia, never trust a cute monkey! My ego has still not recovered :o

hmm, not sure how to get the large photos on

He's so cute.. thats why you cant trust him.. PJ is the same way.. damn those monkeys!!

This thread comes with perfect timing! Just this past weekend I decided I was going to do something similar. I have a Mickey Mouse antennae topper that is wearing super hero tights and cape and is in a flying position, I call him "Super Mickey" and he is mounted on the dashboard of my car. This past December, as we were driving through the gate of Magic Kingdom, we took a photo of the entrance, Super Mickey made it into the picture. We had no idea until we got home and posted the pictures of our trip. This past weekend, we were on a short trip, taking photos from inside the car, Super Mickey once again made it in a shot. I decided right then and there that I would start an album on my Facebook page entitled "Adventures of Super Mickey". My family plans on pack him when we go on our upcoming cruise so he can have some off land adventures! I can't wait to post all of his pictures.

Sorry, I don't have any photos with me at work, I'll try to post one tonight.

Archived