Anyone have a Vacation Critter??

ThisFemmeKat

Well, I can see that Mingo has been spending entirely too much time gazing out the window in our cabin. She's going to have to get out and mingle like her buddy Lambie has been doing! :D Can't wait for her to cruise with Lambie again!

Grits... I can't wait either... We have so much FUN FUN FUN together!!! I can hardly wait till the critters get together and plot against us... They may end up having MORE FUN than us!!! :eek:

For those who are planning to adopt a cruise buddy, I just thought I'd mention this..... If you plan to buy clothes for your buddy, you might want to choose a critter that is a "standard" size for "Build a Bear" type or doll clothes. Do some window shopping on ebay and try to choose a buddy that will fit in the available sized clothes. On ebay, they usually post the measurements of the clothes or the size critter they will fit. If you want a smaller critter, you might have to make your own clothes. But if you're handy with a sewing machine, that means the possibilities are endless! (Or your buddy can go with the "clothing optional" look. LOL!)

PJ goes Nekkid right now.. but I do love the look of that Carnival shirt Lambie has.. I wonder if it will fit PJ.. hhmmmm

The Dollar Tree also has some $1 outfits for critters... doctors, firemen, etc... Great for Halloween or fun!!!

My partner in crime, "Stowaway Freddy" is rather famous on the ships. Back in September he was even asked to fill in for the Captain on the bridge!;)

101_3153.jpg

101_3156.jpg

Here is a link to his last review. His other reviews can be found in my signature.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1287288

Oh yes!!! I've heard the tales of Stowaway Freddy... Never met, but he's quite famous!!! :cool:

Lambie went to the Bridge too!!! But I only have a hard copy photo of him with Captain Marino on the Conquest...

Here is George. He cruises with my daughter. I think he'll be getting a Carnival Outfit real soon.

[ATTACH]174207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174210[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174211[/ATTACH]

And this is Col. Klink. He was created on the Spirit when my husband and I got married and has joined us on every cruise since. Lot's of fun and strange looks in the MDR.

Love them!!!

George and the Colonel are WONDERFUL!!!! I hope George loves his new Shirt and shorts!!! He even gets a belt... and hat... all about $11...

Grits!!! post the ones your company sells... They are precious too!!! This little baby may have to be adopted soon!!! I think we have a BAB close by here somewhere!!! :D

I have a bear that's almost 16 yrs old.: He's been to Europe, Canada, across the country and on both of our cruises. I've never thought to take pictures of him out and about. I might need a smaller animal for that. Wouldn't my DH be thrilled to have to take 2 stuffed animals along? :rolleyes:

PJ appears to be just the right size for Build a Bear clothes! I can see a Carnival outfit in his near future.....Very near future.... LOL!

Oh yeah.. thats what I was thinking.. I wonder if the Dream has a build a bear store... I didnt even know that some of the ships had them..

OMG soo cute.. I love the elephant... but what scents can you have in them?? any or only a select few?

The Scentsy Buddies use a "scent pack", which is like a sachet packet, so you can use it for other things, as well (like in your luggage!). The Buddy comes with one scent pack of your choice. It is available in these scents....most of which you won't be familiar with unless you have had the opportunity to smell someone's testers:

Berry Blush, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Camu Camu, Cucumber Lime, French Lavender, Havana Cabana (like pina colada), Hemingway, Mochadoodle (like mocha coffee), Perfectly Pomegranate, Pima Cotton, Satin Sheets (my favorite, similar to bath powder but not overpowering), Sunkissed Citrus, Sweet Pea & Vanilla (very sweet), Vanilla Cream, and Vanilla Suede.

well I love the smell of real lavender.. I wonder how acurate the french lavender is.. I will find a local scentsy chick and smell it.. then get back with you.. no extra spending this week since i leave tomorrow for my cruise.. but after..

BTW can I count on you ladies to make sure this thread doesnt get lost in the sea of posts while I'm gone.. its been going well because I try to keep it on the first page at least once or twice a day..

well I love the smell of real lavender.. I wonder how acurate the french lavender is.. I will find a local scentsy chick and smell it.. then get back with you.. no extra spending this week since i leave tomorrow for my cruise.. but after..

BTW can I count on you ladies to make sure this thread doesnt get lost in the sea of posts while I'm gone.. its been going well because I try to keep it on the first page at least once or twice a day..

Sounds good. There are different types of lavender scents, and I can't say whether the French Lavender would be your type. It would be great if you could find a tester to sniff before buying!

I hope your cruise is just awesome. Can't wait to see PJ in his new Carnival duds. And YES, they always have a Build A Bear workshop on the bigger ships. (Maybe Fantasy class, too, but I'm not sure.) They don't actually have a BAB store, just a scheduled workshop. Look for it in your Capers or Fun Times or whatever they call it now. And have FUN!!!

Yes, we will keep the thread going while we await your return. I know you will have lots of pics to share when you get back!

Bon Voyage!

If y'all haven't figured out by now... I LOVE TO POST!!!!

Yes... I'm sure this thread will stay on the first page or two!!! :rolleyes:

Grits!!!! I'm so glad you posted that link to your buddies!!! They are wonderful!!!

How silly I feel... :o ... I saw BAB and thought Bath and Beyond... now I realize it's not... :o Is that even a store???

OK... BTW... Nope, that means... Back To Work... :rolleyes:

Sounds good. There are different types of lavender scents, and I can't say whether the French Lavender would be your type. It would be great if you could find a tester to sniff before buying!

I hope your cruise is just awesome. Can't wait to see PJ in his new Carnival duds. And YES, they always have a Build A Bear workshop on the bigger ships. (Maybe Fantasy class, too, but I'm not sure.) They don't actually have a BAB store, just a scheduled workshop. Look for it in your Capers or Fun Times or whatever they call it now. And have FUN!!!

Yes, we will keep the thread going while we await your return. I know you will have lots of pics to share when you get back!

Bon Voyage!

oh its a scheduled event.. thats good to know.. i will look for it.. I have to get that outfit for PJ.

I just returned from WalMart -- had a flat tire this morning and needed to get a flat-fix...

anyway, found a cute Preemie Onezie in Halloween print. The preemie size fit's the Cap'n perfectly!!!... and on Lambie, it may be a bit big. ON CLEARANCE!!!! :)

I'll be ready for next year on the CONQUEST!!!

I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before, but I love it! Dan and I are going on our first cruise in a few months. I will have to add a third passenger to our booking! Hubert will be so excited he can come along! Hubert was part of a Valentine's gift from Dan...my first Valentine from him, upon reconnecting after 11 years. Hubert simply MUST come along! And yes, Dan will likely roll his eyes at me a bit, but he'll get in the spirit.

Hubert and the flowers he brought me, last V-day.

Flowers.jpg

What I should do also is bring my son's beloved Friendy. DS (5 years old) has had Friendy since he was 5 months old, and it was love at first sight. Fortunately he has two, one at my house and one at his dad's house. I should totally bring Friendy with too! DS would get a huge kick out of seeing pictures of Friendy on our adventure!

My son's beloved Friendy:

Portraits134.jpg

My husband and I have 3 yellow labs (2 adults and a puppy). They go to the kennel when we go away, the pup will go for the first time when we leave at the end of this month.

I thought it would be cool to have "vacation" pups and started planning for it about 2 weeks ago. I was able to get 3 plush yellow labs but no sunglasses that small seem to be readily available, so I made some.

Getting the biggest kick out of planning the pics :)

Meet Vacation Lulu, Vacation Tucker and Vacation Charley:

37484398_TravelPups-sm.jpg.c6293ca757e438e3c6290b060f3fe176.jpg

I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before, but I love it! Dan and I are going on our first cruise in a few months. I will have to add a third passenger to our booking! Hubert will be so excited he can come along! Hubert was part of a Valentine's gift from Dan...my first Valentine from him, upon reconnecting after 11 years. Hubert simply MUST come along! And yes, Dan will likely roll his eyes at me a bit, but he'll get in the spirit.

What I should do also is bring my son's beloved Friendy. DS (5 years old) has had Friendy since he was 5 months old, and it was love at first sight. Fortunately he has two, one at my house and one at his dad's house. I should totally bring Friendy with too! DS would get a huge kick out of seeing pictures of Friendy on our adventure!

Welcome to the thread!! Yes, Hubert and Friendy should definitely join you! :D As for your DH, tell him my big, burly farmer husband has his own cruise critter, too! LOL!

Y'all inspired me to get a critter for our travels also. After much discussion last weekend, my DH and I compromised. He said if we were going to take pictures with a critter, it should be one he would be comfortable taking pictures with for the rest of our life. So after much hunting, I found a cute little USMC bear. (DH is a former Marine) He's got a gray USMC sweatshirt and black pants. And even a dog tag! I will post a picture soon.

His name is Gunny Bear. I can't wait for him to go on his first adventure. :D

I found a little plastic Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) before my last cruise in my nephew's toy box. He went everywhere on the Dream and at the ports. He got wasted in Roatan, put on the sacrificial alter at Altun Ha in Belize and almost got ate by a huge fake shark in Cozumel. It is a lot of fun finding ways to take his picture.

I found a little plastic Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) before my last cruise in my nephew's toy box. He went everywhere on the Dream and at the ports. He got wasted in Roatan, put on the sacrificial alter at Altun Ha in Belize and almost got ate by a huge fake shark in Cozumel. It is a lot of fun finding ways to take his picture.

When you said SACRIFICE... I thought of a photo of the Cap'n

SanAntonio035.jpg

I SO continue to giggle and smile and enjoy this thread!!!

Our buddies, Our critters, Our 'Scots... They do love their vacations!!!

Stitch is precious and sounds WILD!!!

Hubert and Friendly sound like a HOOT of a couple!!! I know you'll love photos of Friendly's adventures for your DS as he grows. you may even create a story line for him!!!

Sierrachik: Your pups are perfect!!!

And Gunny Bear... You don't know it, but I'm standing at attention saluting!!! God Bless you and your DH and thank you for your sacrifices and service to give us our freedom!!!

I will for sure tell Dan (not DH yet, but I'm hoping he has big plans for the cruise...maybe heading in that direction?) that Hubert and Friendy are giving me sad, pleading eyes, and I will try to dissuade them, but I cannot control if they decide to stow away during the packing process, and if they're there, well, of COURSE we have to take pictures!

I LOVE this thread!

Archived