Epic shows

norbiewelge

Do we have to reserve to see shows,I think that it is rediculous to have to spend money on top of money to see shows that are apart of the booking????:confused:

No. Advance reservations are not required. You can make them if YOU choose to do so...however, you do not "have to".

If you choose to make advance reservations for shows...there is no cost involved. None what-so-ever. The shows can be reserved without paying a fee.

However, if YOU want to reserve a show for a particular date and time, YOU can choose to do so....the option is totally up to YOU. That's the beauty of freestyle, YOU make the choices instead of someone at the cruise line making them for you.

You do not HAVE to make reservations for shows, and only Cirque requires an extra fee. The advantages of making reservations is that you are guaranteed a seat. They let the reserved seats in first, then open it at 5 minutes before showtime to anybody. Therefore, the reservation people got their preferred seats. The only venue we ever got blocked out of was Cirque - I waited until Tuesday to make reservs and they ended up being booked for the rest of the week. So we didn't get to see it. But it was MY fault.

Read the advice on CC about timing - for instance, Blue Man Group usually has plenty of seating on embarkation night. So I made a reservation (before sailing ) for Sunday, but we went on Sat and got a seat w no problem at all. Found something else t do Sunday, so we skipped the reservation. Went again later on in the week. That is one GOOD show!

The reservations cost nothing, there's no penalty if you don't go, and it's easy and convenient to do. Can't see a downside to it.

We made a reservation for BMG for Monday night at 10. I know that my family will want to see them more than once so we are going to standby on Saturday night based on all the intel here on the boards that the first night shows are not crowded. If for some reason they don't want to see BMG more than once....we just won't go again. But I will not wait until Friday - that's QUEST night and we NEVER miss QUEST.

Same with the other shows - I know we all want to see Second City more than once. We made a reservation for the 11 PM show on Tuesday. We will most likely hit one of the 7 PM PG shows for a different spin on it. And if we decide not to go to the one we reserved...so what?

But I will keep my reservation for Cirque since they are such a hot commodity.

My feeling is that you can go into the cruise with no preplanning (i.e. - Freestyle) and if you miss something...oh well. I prefer getting the most out of every last minute of my vacation. But that's just me.

How early can you book your reservations? We are going Jan. 8th...this is our second time on NCL so this is all new to us (first was the Norway) :o I'm a planner so this is an awesome option for us!

You can start booking 45 days prior to your cruise.

Do we have to reserve to see shows,I think that it is rediculous to have to spend money on top of money to see shows that are apart of the booking????:confused:

For best seats, reservations are required. You will still need to be in line 30-45 minutes before. Without reservations, they don't let you in, until shortly before showtime, so you'll be sitting on the sides.

Cirque Dreams... entertaining - very good/excellent acrobats; very boring script in-between acts. Dinner is average. Premium seats are $30 extra. The $20 seats are in the back with poor sight lines. IMO, not worth extra $30 pp, although the acts are very good.

Murder-Mystery is just Second City doing another skit with a mystery theme. Lunch not good. Don't waste the $20 pp. See the late night Second City show instead.

No charge for reservations for other shows.

Don't miss Quest. You will really enjoy this. Take your camera! Your fellow passengers will do some crazy things! Note: show for adults over 18 only.

For best seats, reservations are required. You will still need to be in line 30-45 minutes before. Without reservations, they don't let you in, until shortly before showtime, so you'll be sitting on the sides.

Cirque Dreams... entertaining - very good/excellent acrobats; very boring script in-between acts. Dinner is average. Premium seats are $30 extra. The $20 seats are in the back with poor sight lines. IMO, not worth extra $30 pp, although the acts are very good.

Murder-Mystery is just Second City doing another skit with a mystery theme. Lunch not good. Don't waste the $20 pp. See the late night Second City show instead.

Don't miss Quest. You will really enjoy this. Take your camera! Your fellow passengers will do some crazy things! Note: show for adults over 18 only.

Sorry, what is Quest?

Quest is a high energy, fast paced, adult game show in Spice H2O on the last night of the cruise. Passengers seated on the port side compete with those on the starboard to be the first to complete strange, wacky, and outrageous tasks.

You'll see fellow passengers do things that you won't believe. Leave your inhibitions behind and take your camera.

No extra charge, no reservations required, any seat is good. Best seats are towards the center on the first landing before the stage.

You do not HAVE to make reservations for shows, and only Cirque requires an extra fee. The advantages of making reservations is that you are guaranteed a seat. They let the reserved seats in first, then open it at 5 minutes before showtime to anybody. Therefore, the reservation people got their preferred seats. The only venue we ever got blocked out of was Cirque - I waited until Tuesday to make reservs and they ended up being booked for the rest of the week. So we didn't get to see it. But it was MY fault.

Read the advice on CC about timing - for instance, Blue Man Group usually has plenty of seating on embarkation night. So I made a reservation (before sailing ) for Sunday, but we went on Sat and got a seat w no problem at all. Found something else t do Sunday, so we skipped the reservation. Went again later on in the week. That is one GOOD show!

The reservations cost nothing, there's no penalty if you don't go, and it's easy and convenient to do. Can't see a downside to it.

It is nice, however, to cancel the reservation when you know you will not be attending the performance. The computer will then be able to allow someone else to have that reservation.

The $20. standard seats are also on the second level. We sat there and to be honest, I think these are the best seats in the house. We were in direct line with the acrobats when they were doing their high off the ground work. You can look them right in the eyes. AWESOME seats. We waited on line for these seats but are very well worth the wait.

Quest is a high energy, fast paced, adult game show in Spice H2O on the last night of the cruise. Passengers seated on the port side compete with those on the starboard to be the first to complete strange, wacky, and outrageous tasks.

You'll see fellow passengers do things that you won't believe. Leave your inhibitions behind and take your camera.

No extra charge, no reservations required, any seat is good. Best seats are towards the center on the first landing before the stage.

There are only two teams for the EPIC Quest game? Other ships have several teams which make for a crazy show when so many people are running to the stage at the same time. I didn't go to the Quest game show on EPIC but wish I did.

Tks a bunch. Sounds like fun

The $20. standard seats are also on the second level. We sat there and to be honest, I think these are the best seats in the house. We were in direct line with the acrobats when they were doing their high off the ground work. You can look them right in the eyes. AWESOME seats. We waited on line for these seats but are very well worth the wait.

??? When we were on Epic late Aug they were $20 & $15.

We had the $15 standard seats and sat on the upper level and had the best views.

??? When we were on Epic late Aug they were $20 & $15.

We had the $15 standard seats and sat on the upper level and had the best views.

The price for Cirque and the Murder Mystery Lunch went up on the 25 Sept cruise.

We were just on last week. We had premium seats for circque and were one table of two away from the show. It was great, but some people had their backs to the show the entire time. I asked about the premium versus regular seats and apparently the booths along the back are part of the standard seating as well as the upper level. I would get in line quite early if you choose standard and want to sit on the second level. We arrived to the show 30 minutes beforehand and received some of the last seats (which were still good for premium). I felt bad for the people in the booths since it looked as if it would have been hard to see the aerial acts.

Regarding second city- there was nothing "PG" about the particular 7:00 show we saw. We left after the first 10 minutes. I enjoy most comedy shows at sea, but this one was completely not what I was expecting for the non 18+ show.

Archived