Assigned cabin r747 on Crown Princess

ddcruisers93

From the Princess brochure, isn't R747 a balcony cabin?

It looks like the balcony is bigger than the others on the deck, is it?

Not on the Crown. The Crown and Emerald has these cabins as Oceanview (windows). Then when they manufacture the Ruby, these are Balcony Rooms. Don't forget that in the paper brochures, there may be small differences on each individual ship within each class of ship. It is best to look at deck plans on princess.com for accurate and up-to-date deck plans. My brother has R748 last year... they enjoyed the aft view. It is a great location to the terrace pool and getting outside is quick and easy.

• 5 years later...

Because it is so near the pool, will that be a noisy location??

Also, do this 4 cabins have windows or port holes?

I am not sure if this location will be as calm as mid ship.

Thinking of booking one of these cabins for a future cruise but trying to get info before booking.

THANKS in advance for your help !

Also, do this 4 cabins have windows or port holes?

Thinking of booking one of these cabins for a future cruise but trying to get info before booking.

THANKS in advance for your help !

You're going to have to book whatever makes you comfortable.

On the Crown the true aft Riviera deck cabins have two fairly small portholes. On the Emerald the portholes were replaced by a standard ocean view window. On the Ruby, the original ocean view cabins were converted to balcony cabins during her (first?) drydock.

Not noisy at all. Occasionally you'll hear the deck chairs being distributed in the AM or put away in the PM. But no big deal. The OV cabins probably don't even hear that.

Sometimes the door out to the pool slams.

Not as stable as mid-ship. That's why mid-ship is more expensive. But the motion doesn't bother us. This is our preferred location on the ship.

I was in that same cabin on the Emerald and absolutely loved it!!

The location is outstanding for it's convenience, and the portholes allow natural light in the cabin in the daytime. And the view out the portholes is not obstructed, just a bit limited due to the opening to the outside being tubular.

If that back Dior to the Terrace Deck slams loudly, ask for it to be adjusted. We have been in that location on several ships many times. Most of the time the door closes without notice; sometimes it shakes the ship. If that happens for more than one day (we figure it might be due to passengers having their balcony doors open and creating a wind tunnel) we've asked for it to be adjusted and it then closes more quietly.

Always chose the cabins near the aft pool. So close to everything, the rear elevator is close by and DH can nip to horizons to get his cuppa tea whenever he wants

Terry

We were in R746 two years ago on the Crown. That room is a balcony- fully covered and facing forward so you see all the other balconies. We were told it was once a storage room that was made into another cabin. Thoroughly enjoyed the room and location. There were pipes that ran along the ceiling of the balcony that had trickling water running through them all the time, much like a small water feature to help one relieve the stress of winter. We would select that room again any time we could!

Yes, the door to the pool area is used a lot but we loved being close to our private back porch! I'm sure you too will find your room the same. I would think it too would be a balcony.