Princess Please Read This!

2little time

This forum is full of people who love to cruise with you. We have some issues that seem to be consistent problems that we need you to fix. Among those concerns are the following:

1. Whats with the coffee cards?? Are they or are they not good on future cruises? We don't want to be embarassed by ship staff that also don't seem to know this answer either.
  2. Why can't you fix the A/C issues. I should not have to pay $9,000 for a cruise and then buy a fan for my room.
  3. What is with the potatoes? There is no excuse for soggy fries. The oil is not hot enough that you are frying them in.
  4. Why is the pool shut down on the last night?
  5. Anytime dining is wonderful but not if you have to wait 40 minutes to be seated because the room is half filled with traditional time diners.
  6. Does MUTS have to be on during the day? No one seems to appreciate the noise during the day. Please use it at night for what it originally was intended for.

Thank you for your consideration of these issues.

Good questions - I have 1

Why are you charging $17 for a $3 tiny bottle of liquor when Holland America and Cunard sell a liter for your cabin for $29 to $40 which will last the week or more ? Must have something to do with ...(fill in the blank)

This forum is full of people who love to cruise with you. We have some issues that seem to be consistent problems that we need you to fix. Among those concerns are the following:

1. Whats with the coffee cards?? Are they or are they not good on future cruises? We don't want to be embarassed by ship staff that also don't seem to know this answer either.Don't personally care about the coffee card. I think theirs is tolerable
  2. Why can't you fix the A/C issues. I should not have to pay $9,000 for a cruise and then buy a fan for my room.I have yet to have a problem with AC (hope it doesn't happen next week.
  3. What is with the potatoes? There is no excuse for soggy fries. The oil is not hot enough that you are frying them in.:eek:Soogy fries, they should be horsewhipped
  4. Why is the pool shut down on the last night? (I have nothing on this)
  5. Anytime dining is wonderful but not if you have to wait 40 minutes to be seated because the room is half filled with traditional time diners.(still nothing,I like traditional dining0
  6. Does MUTS have to be on during the day? No one seems to appreciate the noise during the day. Please use it at night for what it originally was intended for. football,football and more football

And thank you

Good questions but far too general. For instance, what A/C problems? Should Princess eliminate balconies so passengers aren't inconsiderate and leave them open? What, when and where are the fries soggy? The wait times for Anytime have been that way since the beginning so that's nothing new but I do think that Princess should do what HAL does, i.e., if you have fixed dining and want to go to the open seating dining, you have to make the request and be approved before you can go. And, it's a permanent switch.

The pool is emptied to clean and have it ready for the next passengers. Would you rather they shut it down during the cruise to clean?

The pool is emptied to clean and have it ready for the next passengers. Would you rather they shut it down during the cruise to clean?

The last night of my cruise is still during my cruise. Why not clean it the next morning when everyone is getting off the ship and the new folks aren't on yet.

The last night of my cruise is still during my cruise. Why not clean it the next morning when everyone is getting off the ship and the new folks aren't on yet.

There wasn't any pools open the last night???

As you are well aware, many employees on the ship do multiple jobs. For example, the individuals who clean the pools may also be the ones taking the luggage off the ship and loading the new luggage on the ship.

From speaking with many employees, turn around day is one of the hardest days of the week for most employees.

1. Whats with the coffee cards?? Are they or are they not good on future cruises? We don't want to be embarassed by ship staff that also don't seem to know this answer either.
  2. Why can't you fix the A/C issues. I should not have to pay $9,000 for a cruise and then buy a fan for my room.
  3. What is with the potatoes? There is no excuse for soggy fries. The oil is not hot enough that you are frying them in.
  5. Anytime dining is wonderful but not if you have to wait 40 minutes to be seated because the room is half filled with traditional time diners.
  6. Does MUTS have to be on during the day? No one seems to appreciate the noise during the day. Please use it at night for what it originally was intended for.

On our recent cruise they showed movies and other stuff throughought the day... NFL on Sunday on the MUTS screen and I for one liked it. I do see complaints from people about noise at pool but surely I am not alone in liking the afternoon entertainment. There usually is more than one pool anyway so those that don't like noise could go to other pool

You're funny...dogs of mixed breeds...;)

Ha ha!! I have to agree tho, Movies UNDER THE STARS is not a daytime thing:rolleyes:. Never can stay up late enought to enjoy & have no desire to watch during the day...so I guess I don't have a vote! :)

Would love to see Princess offer a regular size of liquor for sale. The Gordon's gin (375) is less than $4 here in Michigan & Princess charges $17:eek:. Not very fair, I think if they charged a resonable fee more people would pay for the pleasure.

Jan

2little time:

You missed the question about enforcing the dress code. A huge percentage of threads is about the dress code.

And the question about enforcing the "no saving seats" at the pool and in the theatre.

Regardless of the answers to these questions, it seems most of on these threads will sail Princess regardless, because we love the rest of it!

There are three other pools on the ship that one can use if they do not like the noise from the MUTS TV screen. On the Emerald we couldn't even hear the MUTS audio in the pool area directly next to it, it's a great design if you ask me. Many people (including myself) enjoy the TV screen during the day, especially for college and pro football ;-)

if you have fixed dining and want to go to the open seating dining, you have to make the request and be approved before you can go. And, it's a permanent switch.

Definitely! Everyone going into Anytime should have to show their card and if assigned to Traditional, be refused entry to Anytime. Why should these guests have a choice but the Anytime guests don't have the option of going to Traditional.:confused:

Good questions - I have 1

Why are you charging $17 for a $3 tiny bottle of liquor when Holland America and Cunard sell a liter for your cabin for $29 to $40 which will last the week or more ? Must have something to do with ...(fill in the blank)

Be very, very careful what you wish for. They could go the other direction and charge $80 - $100 for that litre like Celebrity does...or the RCCL route in which they will sell you nothing. At least it's a 375 ml bottle. I'm not going to ever complain that they charge me $17 for that.

There are three other pools on the ship that one can use if they do not like the noise from the MUTS TV screen. On the Emerald we couldn't even hear the MUTS audio in the pool area directly next to it, it's a great design if you ask me. Many people (including myself) enjoy the TV screen during the day, especially for college and pro football ;-)

You know, this comment irks me every time it is made. Not every ship in the fleet with MUTS has three other pools that are acceptable substitutes. You've only been on the Crown-class ships; please don't make assumptions as to the entire fleet based on them. I feel like I post this observation on every thread about MUTS so I apologise for the redundancy but hey, it's not like I'm the only one around here who has their own personal hobby horse.

What is a hobby horse, anyway? Where the heck does that expression even come from?

I agree Red. And the noise from MUTS is loud enough that the band at the neighboring pool has to crank it up extra loud so as not to be disturbed by the crashes and booms from the latest adventure flick that no one is watching.

What amazes me is how many people can sleep through the entire experience. Those loungers must be REALLY comfy.

I agree with the question about the coffee card. I have a coffee card from the Crown last year that has a number of punches left on it. I'm going on the Crown again in February. I would really like to know if it will be accepted.

We have had our incomplete coffee card honored on the next ship we have boarded every time. The crew member we have handed it to may not recognize the card. However, they take it to their manager and they are happy to take care of us.

You know, this comment irks me every time it is made. Not every ship in the fleet with MUTS has three other pools that are acceptable substitutes. You've only been on the Crown-class ships; please don't make assumptions as to the entire fleet based on them. I feel like I post this observation on every thread about MUTS so I apologise for the redundancy but hey, it's not like I'm the only one around here who has their own personal hobby horse. -- Hear! Hear! It wouldn't be so bad if people were actually watching MUTS but I can't tell you the number of times I've seen maybe five or ten people watching and dozens more trying to ignore the sound.

What is a hobby horse, anyway? Where the heck does that expression even come from?

A child's toy from about 100 years ago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby_horse

I agree with the question about the coffee card. I have a coffee card from the Crown last year that has a number of punches left on it. I'm going on the Crown again in February. I would really like to know if it will be accepted.

Just off the Crown. My old dog eared coffee card was cheerfully accepted. I think half the passengers on the ship had coffee cards and a couple of my trivia mates had had their coffee cards for three or more cruises.

Definitely! Everyone going into Anytime should have to show their card and if assigned to Traditional, be refused entry to Anytime. Why should these guests have a choice but the Anytime guests don't have the option of going to Traditional.:confused:
Totally agree on that one. On the Star Princess a few years ago there was a member of the dining room staff who checked the card of everyone entering the Anytime Dining Room. She would engage in pleasant small talk with you until the Maitre'd had seated the guests in front of you. Then she would direct you to the podium where the Maitre'd would take you to the type of table you requested. It was a very efficient system. I wish it was done fleetwide.

1. I'm going back with my old coffee card at the end of November and when I purchased it they told us they would honour it and the next cruise... sooooo hopefully they will. If they don't, purser's desk will get a visit.

2. AC, have to agree with PAM.. got to be hard to manage with everyone leaving the balcony doors opened.

3. never had any problems...

4. I have to agree with Princess on this one, with a ship constantly sailing they have to find some day to clean it... They probably figure everyone is busy packing etc.. the last night.

5. Traditional dining! OMG that is a sore subject. We have always taken traditional dining. I personally never had any problems in waiting 20 minutes or so. However last year I did lose it with a passenger who was yelling a the girl taking down the names. He was really out of line... So I know it is an issue that causes 'stress amongst passengers'

6. Finally MUTS OR FUTS I really really do not like this during the day!!! I have no problem at night for the movies and the popcorn with their blankets etc.. but during the day just irritates me. That said, reason I never sit at that pool ! To listen to same documentary or concert on the screen over and over and over again ..................... lol Thank god I've laerned to breathe through the stomach ;)

I believe the term "Hobby Horse" is referring to a subject (or complaint) that you "ride" over and over. "High Horse" is referring to a prideful attitude. Actually, both are seen frequently on CC.;)

On subject, I wouldn't mind watching some of the movies on MUTS during the daytime, but the problem, as I see it, is that you can't see it, particularly if the scene in the movie is not bright. I tried to watch Pirates of the Caribbean on MUTS in the daytime one time and half the movie was just a dark screen. It just can't compete against the glare from the sun. I imagine sporting events would be easier to see, since they would be daytime events.

Archived