Suite upgrade

jackjoyus

:pWe are elite and have been upgraded to a suite(Full), we are wondering if we get two bar set up one for elite and one for the suite!! does anyone know???????:confused:

We are elite and when we were upgraded to a full suite we got 1 bar set up. Enjoy your upgrade.

Evelyn

Yes, even if you are upgraded to a full suite and are Elite in the Captain's Circle, you will receive two mini bar set ups for your cruise (if you don't, just alert your room steward and he will take care of it for you). Great upgrade, Congratulations!

It changed a while back Evelyn & Bob, so if your cruise was before the change, that might be why you didn't receive two. Here is the link to the announcement. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

Just last May we received our first upgrade from a mini to a full suite, and yes, we received two mini bar set ups as we normally do when we actually book the full suite. ;)

Yes, even if you are upgraded to a full suite and are Elite in the Captain's Circle, you will receive two mini bar set ups for your cruise (if you don't, just alert your room steward and he will take care of it for you). Great upgrade, Congratulations!

It changed a while back Evelyn & Bob, so if your cruise was before the change, that might be why you didn't receive two. Here is the link to the announcement. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

Just last May we received our first upgrade from a mini to a full suite, and yes, we received two mini bar set ups as we normally do when we actually book the full suite. ;)

Check again, in the link is says that "Elite Members who RESERVE a full suite receive two mini-bar set-ups". On our last cruise we were upgraded to a full suite and received only one set-up as we did not reserve (i.e. book) the suite.

Check again, in the link is says that "Elite Members who RESERVE a full suite receive two mini-bar set-ups". On our last cruise we were upgraded to a full suite and received only one set-up as we did not reserve (i.e. book) the suite.

And as I said, this happened to us last May (after being upgraded), and we DID receive two mini bar set ups (all you have to do is ask your steward IF it isn't automatically delivered). One is in the suite when you arrive, for being in a full suite, and the second was delivered about an hour after arriving because we were Elite members. And this has happened to many others receiving full suite upgrades also. ;) ;)

We are elite and wonder if getting an upgrade to a suite is due to the category booked initially. We usually reserve AC (as we like D730) but wonder if someone reserving an AA would stand a better chance of getting the upgrade.

Any thoughts on that?

We were in a suite last July/August on the crown. Received one setup and I called for the second as we are elite and there was some hisitantcy but they came through. Someone apparantly knew the new policy. Anyway we were overloaded with sodas etc. We did book the suite but I think that I would request it anyway if it isn't automatic. I carried a copy of the info about amenities from the Princess website and quoted the listing.

We are elite and wonder if getting an upgrade to a suite is due to the category booked initially. We usually reserve AC (as we like D730) but wonder if someone reserving an AA would stand a better chance of getting the upgrade.

Any thoughts on that?

Ironically, no. I have seen where AD people get upgraded and some AA people did not. I think anyone in minisuites probably have an equal chance.

Glad Toto answered as I really didn't know. Never been in a full suite. :)

Pam, Hoping you get upgraded to a full suite soon. For all you do on CC to help Princess pax, your deserve something in addition to all of the thanks we give you on the boards. Maybe your next cruise will include a visit from the upgrade fairy!

We were booked into an AA mini when the upgrade fairy put us in a full suite. It seemed logical to me that being at the top of your catagory might bump you into the next, in this case full suite. But its still a very long shot. We were 3 in the mini, with my very big teen aged son so the suite was a godsend. Don't know how it happened, and don't expect it ever to happen again, but it was GREAT!

Any thoughts on that?

The Princess computer will generate an upgrade based on the need to have your cabin to sell to someone else or to upgrade someone else to so they can sell that person's cabin.

In other words, if Princess feels they can sell more ACs than AAs, someone booked in an AC is more likely to get upgraded than someone in an AA.

Some upgrades will be given to two people in a 3 or 4 person cabin if Princess needs that 3 or 4 person cabin to resell to someone.

Basically, as far as a passenger is concerned, it will be random who will get upgrades and what the upgrade will be.

Hi Friends,

We are still 70 days away from sailing and we were upgraded to an AA. That seemed like an huge jump to me, then I started dreaming....has there ever been a second upgrade before sailing? Would we end up in a suite? One can dream.....

Pam, Hoping you get upgraded to a full suite soon. For all you do on CC to help Princess pax, your deserve something in addition to all of the thanks we give you on the boards. Maybe your next cruise will include a visit from the upgrade fairy!
Thanks. I'm one of many who help others. :)

An upgrade is distinctly unlikely for me as I almost always cruise solo in a cabin. I was shocked on my last cruise when I was upgraded from a BD to an AA. That was the first time I've been upgraded. Upgrades are done on a supply and demand basis. They must have needed my cabin in the worst way because singles are rarely upgraded.

Archived