Olympic Restaurant on the Millenium - Escargot

Mr. Luckytoo

We just returned from the Millenium this week. We dined in the Olympic one night. My wife ordered the escargot and this is what we received:

2v7xh77.jpg

To anyone who has dined in the Olympic in the past 6 months - did you order the escargot; if you did was this how it was presented? Finally what did you think about it?

The menu clearly states this:

Escargots Tortellini

Smoked Applewood Bacon, Fricassée of Morels & Roasted Garlic-Parsley Foam

This is thus not at all Escargots Bourguinonne, (snails in garlic and herb butter).

Its simply a different dish, both with snails as an ingredient.

Escargots Tortellini

This is thus not at all Escargots Bourguinonne, (snails in garlic and herb butter).

Sounds tasty, I'm a bit bored with the same old escargot presentation anyway...hope they offer this at Murano for 11/17 Eclipse cruise...

Escargots Tortellini

It sounds better than it looks. Maybe they went a little overboard with the Garlic-Parsley foam.:confused:

We had that on a Oct 22 Millie cruise. The Mrs. and I LOVE the traditional

escargot with garlic and butter and herbs. They had that on the every day menu in

the MDR. I thought that there wasn't enough garlic but my wife was happy with the MDR dish.

The escargot in the Olympic was not very good.

1. We had to 'swim' thru the foam to find the hidden escargot

2. The escargot were wrapped up and I felt like it was Dim Sum snails

3. I was wondering if anyone else had ordered that dish and it 'looked' like this.

We had never tried this combination before and we both thought this was a 'joke' but...

I've had the dish. It's not bad, but I much prefer the foie gras and the sweetbreads appetizers.

I agree with you.. i prefer snails just with my butter and bread. the chef went over board with foam. .guess he thoguht he was on TOP CHEF.

DH and I sailed on the Millie twice this year and dined at the Olympic three times on each cruise. We have also dined multiple times on the Connie with this same menu. We have tried almost everything on the menu, and many dishes that are not on the menu. The escargot dish in Olympic is one of my favorites. I usually order it at least twice. I can get regular escargot in the MDR.

DH and I sailed on the Millie twice this year and dined at the Olympic three times on each cruise. We have also dined multiple times on the Connie with this same menu. We have tried almost everything on the menu, and many dishes that are not on the menu. The escargot dish in Olympic is one of my favorites. I usually order it at least twice. I can get regular escargot in the MDR.

When you ordered the escargot in the Olympic did it look like my photo?

I agree with you.. i prefer snails just with my butter and bread. the chef went over board with foam. .guess he thoguht he was on TOP CHEF.

LOL... Ferran Adrià (or José Andrés) wannabes.

Archived