Outlets for CPAP machines next to bed?

mjl1960

Just booked cabin 7440 (aft balcony) on the Splendor. Was wondering if there is an outlet next to the bed for my gf's CPAP machine she uses when she sleeps? If anyone has any information on this, I sure would appreciate it.

Just booked cabin 7440 (aft balcony) on the Splendor. Was wondering if there is an outlet next to the bed for my gf's CPAP machine she uses when she sleeps? If anyone has any information on this, I sure would appreciate it.

Bring you own extension cord. No, you will not have an outlet close. Whenever you bring medical equipment on board, you should also notify Carnival's guest services for a medical form.

We pack an 15 foot extension cord in the bag with the C-Pap machine. Never had a problem. That's usually long enough no matter the configuration of your room. Enjoy your cruise!!

On the Dream this past May. The extension cord we brought was not long enough, the outlet was across the room, above the desk area. The room steward brought an 'industrial strength' - orange extension cord for us to use for the week. :)

There are outlets somewhere under the bed for the lamps - but they are not the right current for USA appliances.

We didn't have a medical form. This may have been mentioned due to the fear of the ext cord or machine being confiscated. Hopefully you have a small machine - its best to carry it on and not check it with your other luggage. Some people have had their ext cords confiscated, so pack it in your machine case.

The room steward brought an 'industrial strength' - orange extension cord for us to use for the week.

There is only ONE standard (110v) outlet.

Fortunately, we were able to charge my wife's scooter at other times while in the room. On the first night, guest services came and took the scooter to their offices to charge it. We called the next morning, and they brought it back to the cabin.

My DW and I both have CPAPs and we brought a 15 foot extension cord, a 6 outlet power strip and duct tape. We ran the extension cord across the room and taped it to the floor where we walked over it. We taped the power strip to the wall at the head of the bed. This allowed us to use our CPAPs and charge devices all at one time.

I brought a 15 foot extension cord and power strip. My bed was about as far away as possible from the outlet. But, between the two I had around 20 feet of slack and had no problems. You really need a power strip, else you won't be able to plug anything in while the CPAP is going.

I appreciate the answers. Why do I need to contact Carnival for a medical form? Just curious...

You do not need a medical form but, by filling it out, you notify Carnival that you have a medical appliance on board. In unusual events, such as what is going on now with the one ship, they will be able identify special needs quickly on board a ship.

I appreciate the answers. Why do I need to contact Carnival for a medical form? Just curious...

Actually you don't, I traveled on the Inspiration with my concentrator in September and my oxygen supply company suggested that I let the cruiseline know that I would be bringing equipment on board... it seems that the airlines require some sort of letter..I called Carnival and spoke with Special Needs and Services and they do not need to know..... it would only be necessary if it were old fashioned tanks.. which are now obsolete..

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

This question comes up quite often. For the life of me, I do not know why someone would travel without an extension cord if they need to use their CPAP. After all, you could easily wind up on a hotel room someplace and need the extension cord.

Murphy's law you know!

My DW and I both have CPAPs and we brought a 15 foot extension cord, a 6 outlet power strip and duct tape. We ran the extension cord across the room and taped it to the floor where we walked over it. We taped the power strip to the wall at the head of the bed. This allowed us to use our CPAPs and charge devices all at one time.

And this is why they will eventually stop permitting people to bring power strips on board. A cruise ship can only generate so much electricity and the systems can easily be overloaded. When there are 1500 rooms each with one (1) outlet and that turns into 1500 rooms with six (6) outlets, it is fire waiting to happen. Medical needs like yours and your wife's aside (I understand medical needs) and the cruise industry has adapted (the staff charging the scooter for you, etc). Maybe they should provide a cruise line approved splitter/extension cord for people with medical device needs. Maybe the cruiseline should investigate instituting changes the fun hubs and internet cafes creating quick charge stations for the other gadgets and gizmos. That way they can control the load and keep everyone safer. Just a thought.

There is one outlet across from the beds. PLEASE bring a UL approved 12' extension cord with you, carry it in your CPAP case. Also, you can get distilled water locally and carry it on. I got it for $1.49, Carnival wanted $4.00. If you can, get a multiple head extension cord so that you can also use it to charge phones and other devices. We also use a "noise maker" to help us sleep and we had to unplug the TV every night to allow that to be plugged in. Also, bring a little tape (duct) to keep the cord on the floor and keep you from tripping in the liddle of the night!

I cruised several weeks ago on the Liberty and this worked fairly well.

Archived