Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

Poor John Heald! :( He has to deal with all those passengers. Most will be understanding and realize this was beyond anyones control, but you KNOW there will be more than few who will think of this as a personal attack on them and their vacation. :rolleyes: Glad there were no injuries and I hope they get towed into the nearest port safely.

I bet he wishes he was dealing with the Professor instead of this.

Relax and watch the water. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

If you really need an activity, I suppose mini-golf is available or you could jog around the track some.

Vacation Days? What are those? I don't get any paid time off. Lots of people don't.

And lots of people do:D 3,000 people running and playing golf........I can picture that.......

I do feel sorry for those who are using up their precious and hard-to-come-by vacation time. And I feel bad for disabled people who struggle to be comfortable even under ideal circumstances. And I feel bad for anyone with kids.

But other than that...I WISH I WAS THERE!! However there may not be many like me on board...people who have the time, who have the patience and have the sense of adventure it would take to enjoy this kind of FREE cruise and then look forward to taking another free cruise in the future.

But for those who have kids, are handicapped, have little vacation time to spare, or even those who's personalities make them unable to enjoy this type of situation...my prayers are with you all.

I completely agree with you. But, I think most don't share our sense of adventure. I could sit and just stare at the ocean and all the unique "goings-on" for days and love every minute of it.

I've only glanced through half of the pages in this thread but I do feel bad for the passengers and crew. I try to imagine how my DW and I would react in this situation. It's easy for me to sit here in the comforts of my office and say it can't be that bad and that all costs will be reimbursed plus getting a credit towards a future cruise. I hope that I (or we) would handle ourselves with dignity and try to help any passenger that needs assistance. I'm not sure I'd enjoy the 'free cruise' to nowhere as it's happening, but it would provide a not so 'run of the mill' cruise story when I finally got home.

On a lighter note, I think it would provide some interesting photos.

We were on the RCL ship Radiance in PV when the Splendor backed into us. Sadly, I think she is cursed.

tonit964,

I was on the Splendor when it bumped the Radiance!

I'm scheduled to go on December 12 as well.

Feel really bad for all passengers and crew on board, must be horrible...

1) Refunds for all passengers at an average price per person of $800 equal about 4 Million dollars X 2 (free additional cruise for everyone) total 8 Million.

2) Transportation costs of everyone and flight changes etc maybe another 1/2 million.

3) Food spoilage another 1/4 million

4) Towing to port another million at least

5) Lost net revenues for all cancelled future cruises another million but maybe much more depending on how many cruises are axed.

6) Repairs to the ship (who knows how much)

Plus other variables in the equation this fire could cost CCL upwards of 15 million dollars or maybe more.

1) Refunds for all passengers at an average price per person of $800 equal about 4 Million dollars X 2 (free additional cruise for everyone) total 8 Million.

2) Transportation costs of everyone and flight changes etc maybe another 1/2 million.

5) Lost net revenues for all cancelled future cruises another million but maybe much more depending on how many cruises are axed.

Plus other variables in the equation this fire could cost CCL upwards of 15 million dollars or maybe more.

Would they not have insurance policies that would cover some of this?

Sure wouldn't want to be working that insurance claim :D

Catch up on the news. toilets have been restored, they have water, food, rescue on the way , PLUS they get a full refund and a free cruise.

Trust me I rather be in the middle of the ocean with somewaht of a cruise than to be at work!

I think you need a new job:)

PVSA is commonly referred to as the Jones Act. Any fine could easily be waived. It is not as if there is a meter maid waiting to hand out 3300 tickets. :rolleyes:

Just because most people don't know the difference between the PVSA and the Jones Act does not mean the two are interchangeable. The Jones Act does not apply to passenger ships.

There is only one ticket that needs to go out. It is the cruise line that gets fined, not the individual passengers. It is up to Carnival to bill the passenger if Carnival believes that the passenger should pay the fine.

Curious to know what supplies the Navy thinks a fully stocked cruise ship requires.

Per FoxNews.com:

The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan, conducting maneuvers 120 miles south of San Diego, was diverted to help the ship. About 70,000 pounds of supplies, including bread, utensils, cups, milk, canned food and other items, will be flown to the Reagan, where helicopters will transfer them to the stricken cruise ship, Cmdr. Greg Hicks said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/09/carnival-cruise-ship-loses-power-engine-room/

Joanie

Archived