Favorite ncl talent

mew1

I have a list but my #1 is common in this thread already...

1. Jane Powell - Chocolate Goddess of LOVE! :D Both on and off the stage she's an incredible woman.

2. Cat's Pajamas Vocal Group - Sailed with them in January with a few of their diehard fans (who literally went to every one of their performances - even when they were on up against other people). Great to hang out with when they were not performing.

3. Tim Kaminski - Comedian - Hillarious on-stage and even better with the zings off stage. Great guy. I was disappointed to see that Second City returned to the Jewel. :(

4. Jean-Pierre Parent - Illusionist - Great guy both on-stage and off. Just did a gig in Vegas not long ago and will be returning to ships soon. Hoping it's the Jewel for January.

5 Jean Ann Ryan's Cirque Bijoux - found on Norwegian Jewel with JAR performers that I love dearly and they know who they are. :) Too bad the cast has drifted apart but it happens on ships with vacation schedules but the cast from January and March were phenomenal!

Jose & Patti are just great. There performances show a lot of enthusiam. Best by far.

Has anyone purchased their new DVD? I have tried using their website but can't seem to get a response. I really want to surprise my wife with a DVD for Christmas. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray

I miss Paul Baya... greatest NCL Cruise Director IMHO. Got to celebrate his b-day onboard the Jewel this year and then I learned when his contract was over that he isn't returning to NCL. Such a darn shame because I wanted to include him on that list. Great great guy! :(

Totally agree with you! He has been my favorite cruise director of all so far!! I hate to hear he won't be with NCL any longer.

Totally agree with you! He has been my favorite cruise director of all so far!! I hate to hear he won't be with NCL any longer.

I know, we all feel bad I am sure.

We had Andy on the Pearl and I wasn't particularly impressed. He was very nice and very friendly but just not a heck of a lot of personality.

Nita

• 3 months later...

I really enjoyed the Cat's Pajamas and Oh, What a Night, but I saw my very favorite ship-board entertainer years ago. There was a guy who impersonated Elton John. He had the voice, the costumes, the mannerisms...the whole package! I wish I could remember his name and wish even more we could see him again! Does anyone else remember him?

Slam Allen on the EPIC has been the most memorable individual performer I have seen on any cruise. We were on B2B cruises and saw him every night but Wednesday (when he was off). Fat Cats was a great place to close out an evening and listen to some incredible performances.

Would book the EPIC again just to see him play.

Definitely Cirque Bijoux on the Jewel. Our first cruise was to Canada in October 2005 and we had not only this show but also Paul Baya as cruise director. After 12 more cruises on a variety of lines (including one more on the Jewel), I've come to realize how good these two were not only in general but compared to other production shows and cruise directors. :D

Though I like most of the shows, I LOVE Four Seasons "OH WHAT A NIGHT" have been lucky and saw them twice. I would book a cruise just to see them.

So what are some of your favorites?

Mary:)

NCL has lots of great entertainment options on every ship. Jane L. Powell is great, as are comedians Dave Heenan and Buzz Sutherland. Our favorite band is the house band Next Stage. They are simply incredible. They have an amazing repertoire from today's music to every Beatles song ever written. They have several theme nights including a Beatles night, a country night and a rock night.

Last I knew they were on vaca and scheduled to return to "their" ship the Dawn.

If you go, tell them their friend the "rockstar" says hello. They let me sit in with them a number of times including a few times singing the nickel back song "rockstar."

And I thaNK yoU:

JWK: meet me in Dazzles for Beatles Night

Archived