Laundry room on Marina

Benita

I seem to have trouble finding where they are on the deck plans - I suppose I can wait until on the ship to find out, but has anybody seen where they will be? We will be spending a week in London precruise, so it would be nice to unpack and throw those clothes in a machine.

Could you tell me where I can find these laundry facilities on the Marina deck plans? I do not see any "hangers" showing laundry facilities on either of the deck plans I have looked at (brochure or website deck plans). I am trying to AVOID being near a laundry room because I suffer from severe asthma. On a Baltic cruise we did earlier this year on Disney (yes, we have cruised on Disney), our cabin was right across from a laundry room and we demanded a room change because I could not be anywhere near the strong smells from the detergent, bleach, etc. (we use special soaps at home). Their deck plans did not show this laundry room location when we booked the cruise. We are currently booked in cabin 9042 on a Marina cruise next year. The deck plans show this cabin right by the stairs and elevators (I think I'm ok with that), but I'm hoping that we are not near a laundry room.

Could you tell me where I can find these laundry facilities on the Marina deck plans? I do not see any "hangers" showing laundry facilities on either of the deck plans I have looked at (brochure or website deck plans). I am trying to AVOID being near a laundry room because I suffer from severe asthma. On a Baltic cruise we did earlier this year on Disney (yes, we have cruised on Disney), our cabin was right across from a laundry room and we demanded a room change because I could not be anywhere near the strong smells from the detergent, bleach, etc. (we use special soaps at home). Their deck plans did not show this laundry room location when we booked the cruise. We are currently booked in cabin 9042 on a Marina cruise next year. The deck plans show this cabin right by the stairs and elevators (I think I'm ok with that), but I'm hoping that we are not near a laundry room.

RubySue,

The "hanger" symbol (and thus laundry room) on deck 9 can be found immediately aft of & adjacent to the Concierge Lounge. Your stateroom, 9042, is positioned about 7 cabins farther aft (toward the stern) from there.

Currently there are two bags in the room - "regular" laundry and dry cleaning. You pay by the item and different items have different rates. Pricing was pretty reasonable.

On HAL you have the option of sending out your laundry, they provide a laundry bag and for $20.00 they will clean everything you stuff in it. Is there anything similar on Marina?

Thanks,

Kirk

Regarding the "fill the bag for $20" question, I have seen such offers on Oceania ships -- but not on our recent cruises.

Now, whether they have just stopped doing this or whether we just were on the wrong cruises, I don't know. But my recollection is that the deal was "fill the bag for $10". Still, that was a least a few years ago. (I think.)

Not as large a bag as *I* would like, but I tend to prefer to do my own laundry anyway.

Mura

Regarding the "fill the bag for $20" question, I have seen such offers on Oceania ships -- but not on our recent cruises.

Mura

I do not think I have ever seen a BAG offer on O

Our first cruise was in 2004 with them

Lyn

That's interesting, Lyn. I KNOW that we saw that offer later than 2004 but maybe not later than 2006.

It would seem that even when it was offered, it was not offered on every cruise. Far from it!

Mura

That's interesting, Lyn. I KNOW that we saw that offer later than 2004 but maybe not later than 2006.

It would seem that even when it was offered, it was not offered on every cruise. Far from it!

Mura

Maybe it was a trial thing we only cruise 2004 , then 2007 so maybe it was in those years we did not cruise O

Lyn

Hi, Lyn! Thanks so much for the link to the other brochure! The mystery has been solved. Those brochures are so gorgeous - I can guarantee that DH & I do not qualify for the photo shoots :p

Me either :D

Archived