carnival made another mistake and gave me a free upgrade

cruisin_cutie

I am a displaced splendor cruiser and rebooked on the glory for the same dates 12/5. this morning i went on their website to check on my new booking and it was GONE :mad:

i called immediatly and they said they inadvertantly cancelled the booking :eek: are you kidding?? this has been such a fiasco already!

they then rebooked me and gave me options of a new room (interiors, like i have always booked). BUT the new rooms they had avail were right under the gym. um no. if i have learned anything in my cruising history, its not be booked under the gym or lido deck!!! i basically said that and she put me on hold again. when she came back she said "teala, how would you like to have a free upgrade to an oceanview room?" uhhh, yes please!

thank you carnival for fixing your mistake and making it even better for me :D like i said, this has been a fiasco but they have treated me very well throughout the whole thing

I am a displaced splendor cruiser and rebooked on the glory for the same dates 12/5. this morning i went on their website to check on my new booking and it was GONE :mad:

i called immediatly and they said they inadvertantly cancelled the booking :eek: are you kidding?? this has been such a fiasco already!

they then rebooked me and gave me options of a new room (interiors, like i have always booked). BUT the new rooms they had avail were right under the gym. um no. if i have learned anything in my cruising history, its not be booked under the gym or lido deck!!! i basically said that and she put me on hold again. when she came back she said "teala, how would you like to have a free upgrade to an oceanview room?" uhhh, yes please!

thank you carnival for fixing your mistake and making it even better for me :D like i said, this has been a fiasco but they have treated me very well throughout the whole thing

Whew! Glad it all got worked out! Good deal on getting the free upgrade to the OV room! Enjoy!

Yep. Me too, but only because I am curious about the manipulation of images and such. Really.....:p

Y'all are killing me...too funny!!!:D

Teala...I am so glad it all worked out for you! Have a wonderful cruise.

I am so happy to see how Carnival is handling this. For the most part it seems like they have tried their best to make sure that all the passengers effected by the Splendor incident are being taken care of. If you feel like Carnival is not doing a good job you need to go over to Celebrity's page and look up the Century that stranded their pasengers in France. There are not too many happy people over there at all. Kudos to Carnival for taking care of this. I was thinking of trying another line for my next cruise, but Carnival will definitely get my money on my next cruise!!:D

Good for you! You deserve it.

We have often speculated on how the upgrade fairy works in mysterious ways and that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on who they choose to upgrade. This is a great opportunity for Carnival to choose the recipients and give them to people who have been affected by the Splendor cancellations and are trying to savage their vacations at the last minute.:)

Not saying they should for everyone as that is asking for too much. After all, they have 2 years to use the 25% credit. Be nice if they could but trying to be realistic. However, it has been a lot of stress for those scrambling at the last minute to re-book on the same dates they had on the Splendor and it would be a nice gesture on Carnival's upgrade fairy to choose them as this is the time frame that upgrades are made for each ship.....last minute to one month before the sail date.

JMHO

Hi Teala,

So glad that Carnival made it good with you, they did the same to me with booking another cruise, I went on the next day to check my reservation, and wha La.... it was cancelled. Called them to find out what was going on and finally got my reservation back on track, but no upgrades for me, I ended up having to pay $400.00 more for my cruise than on the Splendor and paying more for flights out to Fort Lauderdale. What a pain in the neck, but I wished they would of given us the same cost as the Splendors cruise.

Sandy

Archived