Room Service Free?

bucahenze

The previous poster is correct. Only the specific hours is there a charge for room service.

We enjoy ordering room service for breakfast, and there is no charge then. Of course, we tip the personnel bringing the meal. We've ordered lunch after coming in from an excursion and while cleaning up from that ordered room service and again no charge.

My parents are cruising for the first time with us and they were wondering if there is anyway to have a 'standing' room service order for coffee and a pastry every morning at 6 so they can enjoy it on their balcony? Or is there something they can hang on their door or do they have to call every morning. Either way is fine, but I didn't know the answer to their question, but I'm sure someone here will. Thanks!

Edit: Also I advised them to tip the room service person daily, but they were wondering if a nice tip at the beginning of the cruise for this 6am service was appropriate? I thought maybe if they tipped once at the beginning than a different waiter the next day may think they had been stiffed even if it does go into the tip pool. Thoughts?

My parents are cruising for the first time with us and they were wondering if there is anyway to have a 'standing' room service order for coffee and a pastry every morning at 6 so they can enjoy it on their balcony? Or is there something they can hang on their door or do they have to call every morning. Either way is fine, but I didn't know the answer to their question, but I'm sure someone here will. Thanks!

Edit: Also I advised them to tip the room service person daily, but they were wondering if a nice tip at the beginning of the cruise for this 6am service was appropriate? I thought maybe if they tipped once at the beginning than a different waiter the next day may think they had been stiffed even if it does go into the tip pool. Thoughts?

I would tip for each service provided as different people will be bringing the orders.

Only if you are in a GS or above

Actually anyone can order from the MDR menu during regular dinner hours..GS & above get's a menu..but I believe the newer ships also have the dining room menu on the TV...there are some items like lobster you can't order...

You can order some of the dishes on the MDR for both lunch and dinner, certainly not all. For instance no steak or lobster. The available room service dishes will be listed on the interactive TV in the cabin.

You are correct, except that steak and lobster may be ordered from room service (lobster on the evening that it is served) if you are staying in a GS and above.:)

Rick

Can you order anything from the MDR menu for dinner? How about lunch? Can you order lunch from MDR as well?
Yes, you can ask, and you'll probably get whatever you request.

It's a good idea to bring an envelope of small bills for tipping room service.

Archived