RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

I...To get us back on track, I'm going to be on Brilliance on Saturday with my BF, who's a first time cruiser. What are three things we have to know?

Outdoor Windjammer seating, Park Cafe, self-leveling pool tables.

Here's another question...

Does anyone know what is supplied in a regular balcony cabin bathroom on Freedom as far as soap and shampoo?

Thanks!

Two bars of soap and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

This thread is getting ridiculous. The ships don't want your old clothes, they also have limited trash capacity. If you intend to throw it out, do so after you leave

I usually bring old pencils and pens and some dead roses from last spring. Also if I have time I bring some empty beer cans and some used tissues if they're kinda dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdoor Windjammer seating, Park Cafe, self-leveling pool tables.

1. Infused water - throughout the ship - infused with a variety of things including cucumber, lemons, strawberries and other fruit.

2. the ice skating rink and show- the skating show is the best show of the 8 cruises we've been on.

3. great towel animal demonstrations.

It is pronounced 'Brew tay' in Latin I think

It still means Brutus

MIZ

I'm quite familiar with the line, the occasion, the players, and the history.

I'm just making it about Brutus Buckeye and not Caesar's buddy Marcus Brutus. Thus the BRUTUS!!! It was meant in fun.

Your nick says they won't be, you know, with all the tears.

GO BUCKEYES!

We generally agree on football - and believe that REAL football is played on Saturdays, not Sundays! :D But on occasion we'll have one Saturday a season to disagree.

Go HUSKERS, Go BUCKS! :) :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

There is a message board on deck 5 by the guest service desk of the voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Mariner, Adventure, Navigator) for people who want to leave messages for people or groups, or announcements for events, etc.

Edited by Pack My Bags

• 4 months later...

So we love snorkeling but hate crowds...my dilemma is I don't want to do a private tour to save money...only to miss the boat. My. worst. nightmare.

Any tips on snorkel excursions from the ship vs. private, especially in Falmouth or Grand Cayman? (We are heading to Cozumel as well, but we have been there before and might do a cave tour).

Thanks!

So we love snorkeling but hate crowds...my dilemma is I don't want to do a private tour to save money...only to miss the boat. My. worst. nightmare.

Any tips on snorkel excursions from the ship vs. private, especially in Falmouth or Grand Cayman? (We are heading to Cozumel as well, but we have been there before and might do a cave tour).

Thanks!

Falmouth is a tough one, because there's really nothing "close by" -- you end up spending a significant portion of your excursion in a bus going to/from your destination.

Falmouth isn't known for its snorkeling at all. I think even Royal only offers one or two excursions that include snorkeling, out of the dozens and dozens that they offer there, and even then the "four-hour excursion" includes about two hours of riding in the bus/van to get to/from Montego Bay ($100 per person for two hours on a boat and maybe 30 minutes in the water -- no thank you!). I personally wouldn't even bother trying to snorkel in Falmouth, and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable booking on the pier there.

As for Grand Cayman, there are a gazillion options for excellent snorkeling that can be purchased either in advance or right on the pier. These people depend upon cruise passengers for their livelihood, and they arrange their timetables to ensure that you get back well in advance of "last call".

I would never hesitate to book privately in Grand Cayman -- my last time there, I just walked off the pier and bought an excursion that included Stingray City plus snorkeling for $25. No muss, no fuss!

Falmouth is a tough one, because there's really nothing "close by" -- you end up spending a significant portion of your excursion in a bus going to/from your destination.

Falmouth isn't known for its snorkeling at all. I think even Royal only offers one or two excursions that include snorkeling, out of the dozens and dozens that they offer there, and even then the "four-hour excursion" includes about two hours of riding in the bus/van to get to/from Montego Bay ($100 per person for two hours on a boat and maybe 30 minutes in the water -- no thank you!). I personally wouldn't even bother trying to snorkel in Falmouth, and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable booking on the pier there.

As for Grand Cayman, there are a gazillion options for excellent snorkeling that can be purchased either in advance or right on the pier. These people depend upon cruise passengers for their livelihood, and they arrange their timetables to ensure that you get back well in advance of "last call".

I would never hesitate to book privately in Grand Cayman -- my last time there, I just walked off the pier and bought an excursion that included Stingray City plus snorkeling for $25. No muss, no fuss!

Exactly the information I was looking for!!! I see a potential stay on the ship for us in Falmouth.... :o) Thanks!!!

Exactly the information I was looking for!!! I see a potential stay on the ship for us in Falmouth.... :o) Thanks!!!

Just to clarify, the port in Falmouth is EXTREMELY safe as long as you stay in the compound, which is fenced in and guarded. If you want souvenirs, you can jump off the ship and buy some stuff and be back on the ship in less than an hour, unless you buy a LOT of souvenirs. But as for actual excursions, Falmouth is still a huge fail on RCI's part, IMO.

My 2016 Oasis cruise will stop there, and I was planning on having a "sea day on the ship in port" because I've already done the port compound and also the stalls outside the compound. However, I mentioned that cruise to a friend, and it turns out she has relatives who own a plantation less than an hour from Falmouth and they love to host visitors.... so I get to visit a real live plantation without having to do the whole "fake tourist trap" crap with the unwashed masses on the ship's excursion! :D

Just to clarify, the port in Falmouth is EXTREMELY safe as long as you stay in the compound, which is fenced in and guarded. If you want souvenirs, you can jump off the ship and buy some stuff and be back on the ship in less than an hour, unless you buy a LOT of souvenirs. But as for actual excursions, Falmouth is still a huge fail on RCI's part, IMO.

My 2016 Oasis cruise will stop there, and I was planning on having a "sea day on the ship in port" because I've already done the port compound and also the stalls outside the compound. However, I mentioned that cruise to a friend, and it turns out she has relatives who own a plantation less than an hour from Falmouth and they love to host visitors.... so I get to visit a real live plantation without having to do the whole "fake tourist trap" crap with the unwashed masses on the ship's excursion! :D

We're not much into souvenirs, and a relaxing day on the ship with less crowds sounds just awesome to me.... And the plantation will be an awesome way to see a bit of "real" Falmouth life...enjoy!

You may want to stop in at the Margarita's in the port complex. Not a stand-alone restaurant but a complex. Food, bars, shop, free entertainment in their courtyard. They also have a very nice pool with a swim-up bar and surrounded by loungers (all free) . A nice place to sit with a drink to use their free wifi also.