Transfers from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral

Mgobluefan

We usually rent a car from Budget or Avis, drive ourselves to the port and return the car there. Then, we do another one-way rental after the cruise to get back to the airport. It's much less expensive for our family of four than taking the RCI transfer or hiring a shuttle.

Who knows the best way to transfer from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?

Thanks in advance for any tips!:)

I researched this a lot when deciding what we'll do in January. I checked out lots of shuttle options, etc. I finally decided for the three of us it was best to rent a car. We're getting an SUV even and it's about equal in cost or just a little less than shuttling. Plus I figure that way we can stop to go the bathroom on the way, etc.... stuff like that which isn't an option when you shuttle.

On the Mariner cruise with my Mom we just used Royal's transportation from the airport to the ship, and back to the airport afterward.

We arrived the day before (coming from Michigan I would never fly in the day of) and spent the night at the Radisson hotel right there in the airport. The next morning we just went downstairs, to the RC desk, bought transfers and hopped on the bus. If I remember correctly it was $35/each, one way.

We could have rented a car, but neither of us wanted to drive in unfamiliar territory so it was just easier to use their transportation.

RCCL transfers are way to expensive. You can rent a car for less. You could also use Cocoa beach shuttle -- http://www.cbshuttle.com/ -- if you don't want to drive. We have used them numerous times and they have been prompt and courteous and MUCH cheaper than RCCL transfers.

They used to give a 10% discount if you mention cruise critic.

Some of the people in my group this past September used Around The Clock shuttle. Their rates were reasonable and they were prompt at the airport and when we returned at the port. There are quite a few options from renting a car to all the different shuttle services. Just get on the internet and do your homework researching the different companies and go with the one you feel comfortable with. Happy cruising!:D

Our group of six used Sir Randolphs Classic. It was $250 round trip inclusive of the tip. They met us at the baggage claim in MCO,took us to our Hampton in Cocoa Beach the day before sailing, offered to stop along the way for "refreshments" if we wanted. Then we were picked up at the cruise terminal and dropped off at our airline curb on the way home. It depends on how many people are in your party to kow what is most cost effective.

We used this guy a couple years ago, very nice guy. For a group of six, we paid $180 plus the tip for round trip. When we arrived at the MCO airport and went to the baggage claim area, he was waiting with a sign. He stopped at the store on the way to the hotel so that we could pick up some beverages to bring onto the ship. And he was right there pick us up after the cruise.

Here is the link:

http://taxi-mco.com/Drivers/Edward%20A.%20Korgan%20Jr.htm

Here's what I see for costs for two people:

Royal Caribbean: $70/round trip/person

"Cocoa Beach Shuttle" and it's $58/round trip/person

"Around the Clock Shuttle" is $70/round trip/person

I know that if you get your transfer from Royal Caribbean and something goes wrong, they "hold the ship" for you. If you take a private car/limo and something goes wrong, you miss the ship.

So - the $12 savings for Cocoa Beach doesn't seem worth it.

• 2 years later...

We sailed out of port canaveral previously but stayed overnight on cocoa beach and transfers from Travelynx was included in our package.

They were great that time, anyone else with any experience with them. My friend and I are doing a last minute ladies weekend cruise in 3 weeks and looking for a economical option without an overnight stay, they quoted me $100 round trip for both of us, seems reasonable.

Here's what I see for costs for two people:

Royal Caribbean: $70/round trip/person

"Cocoa Beach Shuttle" and it's $58/round trip/person

"Around the Clock Shuttle" is $70/round trip/person

I know that if you get your transfer from Royal Caribbean and something goes wrong, they "hold the ship" for you. If you take a private car/limo and something goes wrong, you miss the ship.

So - the $12 savings for Cocoa Beach doesn't seem worth it.

If you booked your own flights and they are delayed/cancelled :mad:, the cruisline will not "hold the ship for you" because you booked the transfer bus. They may not hold the ship even if they booked the flights and their insurance. :eek:

The SMART cruiser ALWAYS arrives in town at least one night before the ship departs to avoid any last minute travel disasters ruining your cruise. ;)

Hi all. My wife and I booked a Carnival Bahamas cruise from 2/7 to 2/11. We're flying in to Orlando and landing at MCO on that day (yeah I know, sleep over the night before, but that wasn't an option for us) at 11am. We're debating whether or not to get transportation or just rent a car. Ideally we'd like the cheapest possible option, but we don't want bottom of the barrel service if that makes sense. The travel route appears to be nearly idiot-proof, which is just jump on the 528 until you get to the exit for Rt 1A. Still, it would be nice to just relax and enjoy the ride there, and not deal with stuff like multiple stops to the Port or the like. Could some of you experienced cruisers list some of the pros/cons and which transportation companies/car rental places you would recommend?

Thanks. Sorry for the loaded first question.

Edit: looks like I should have looked around a little more.. other threads deal with this. Any possibility of merging this thread with this one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367326 ?

Archived