guaranteed no upgrade..now upgraded

aikensbest

We booked our mini 3 months ago on the Grand Princess for Dec 6 sailing with a no upgrade provision, mainly due to a health situation not allowing me to be in direct sun. Suddenly this morning (done overnite) they changed our mini to a D406 which is an open balcony. They are of course closed today, but any help in how I can reverse this would be greatly appreciated.

Contact them ASAP first thing tomorrow!

Stress the medical condition. Ask them to upgrade the person who has your old cabin to your existing condition. Ask for a supervisor if the first person says no.

This is one situation where I think a TA can help. This happened to a friend recently where it was clearly marked no upgrade and they were upgraded. The TA had contacts and pulled it off and reversed the upgrade.

Good luck and please let us know.

We booked our mini 3 months ago on the Grand Princess for Dec 6 sailing with a no upgrade provision, mainly due to a health situation not allowing me to be in direct sun. Suddenly this morning (done overnite) they changed our mini to a D406 which is an open balcony. They are of course closed today, but any help in how I can reverse this would be greatly appreciated.

Call them first thing FRI morning and hope you can swap back. Of course you will also ask them what happened to the NO UPGRADE flag. That ought to get some extra attention for you.

If you used a TA, you will probably have to deal with them, but you should follow up on TA bookings (unless you have trust thru experience) and make sure they did everything you wanted and asked for.

This does happen occasionally, but they are supposed to contact you first if you had your booking marked do not upgrade. There is nothing you can do until you contact Princess. Then I would stand up for my rights here and explain that your original cabin is a MUST. Don't take no for an answer, but be polite and firm about it.

The only thing that bothers me anymore is that there is one line on the travel summary that pretty much takes away their liability for changing your cabin assignment (no matter what). I don't remember seeing this until recently and it's possible I have missed it in the past, but it made me wonder. It reads as follows: "Carrier may, without liability for refund or damages, change your booked accommodations at anytime without notice."

Does anyone know how long that has been on the travel summary? As said, I don't remember seeing this in the past, but I may have just overlooked it.

Anyway, best of luck with this, I hope you succeed in getting your original mini suite back.

It reads as follows: "Carrier may, without liability for refund or damages, change your booked accommodations at anytime without notice."

Does anyone know how long that has been on the travel summary? As said, I don't remember seeing this in the past, but I may have just overlooked it.

Anyway, best of luck with this, I hope you succeed in getting your original mini suite back.

Toto, I know for certain that phrasing has been there at least for the past year, and I think it has been there since the dust-up several years back about a certain aft suite on one of the smaller ships--when Mrs. Arzt changed ships and chose that cabin. A prior booked pax was bumped out and it all worked out eventually, but caused a lot of drama until then.

Toto, I know for certain that phrasing has been there at least for the past year, and I think it has been there since the dust-up several years back about a certain aft suite on one of the smaller ships--when Mrs. Arzst changed ships and chose that cabin. A prior booked pax was bumped out and it all worked out eventually, but caused a lot of drama until then.

Thanks, I figured I might have just overlooked it in the past. I just happened to notice it the other day. But it does cover them if they move anyone from a pre-booked stateroom now, even if marked no upgrade. Thanks Cheryl! ;)

Archived