Questions, Questions...

lcyccruiser

We are on the Solstice in January....I have a couple of questions.

1. We have cabin CC 2108...is the bed by the balcony or bathroom?

2. Can we ask for cheese and crackers instead of the usual canape plate?

3. Can we carry our own luggage off the ship? Or do we have to wait for a specific time?

I'm sure I have more, but can't think of them right now.

Any response would be appreciated....

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Chris

3. Can we carry our own luggage off the ship? Or do we have to wait for a specific time?

Chris

Hi Chris:)

1) there is a great sticky thread at the top of this forum with

information on S class cabins. If you check it out you might find

the cabin you are looking for on it.

2)yes, you can have cheese and crackers

3)yes, lots of folks do self disembarkation

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well:)

Chris

The bed's by the balcony in 2108.

The canapes are great -- they've improved on them. You'll like them unless you are like my wife, who has no palate. :D You can get cheese & crackers anytime by ordering from room service.

The bed's by the balcony in 2108.

The canapes are great -- they've improved on them. You'll like them unless you are like my wife, who has no palate. :D You can get cheese & crackers anytime by ordering from room service.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris

Hi & enjoy the Solstice. We were on her last year & have booked her again for 2011. That being said

1 check the Solstice cabin spreadsheet on Cruise Critic

2.Yes-plus don't forget you can alway go to the buffet & make a platter to take to your cabin (sushi, cold meat,cheese, other goodies)

3.You can carry-off your baggage - we always do this -that way you do not have to play the bags outside the door before midnight game. You will still have to go through Customs etc.

Enjoy your cruise the Solstice is beautiful.

Carole

Chris

Just a comment on carrying your luggage off the ship. If you pack very light and are just wheeling one small suitcase, and maybe a tote, you will be fine. On our last cruise a couple tried to take their large suitcases/ garmet bags, plus two carryons. Not only could they not handle it all between them, the elevators were very full and limited the day of getting off the ship. They were very stressed with each other, I'll never do this again. They squeezed into our elevator with all said luggage, rolling over our feet, we were like sardines. Well, the elevator reached our floor were we were to wait in the theatre. Since they were now in front of us, they had to exit the elevator with all their luggage so we could get by with our carryons. Other folks got off also, then they had to lug everything back on the elevator, of course after giving us hate looks. This is not the way you want to end a cruise.:(

Just a comment on carrying your luggage off the ship. If you pack very light and are just wheeling one small suitcase, and maybe a tote, you will be fine. On our last cruise a couple tried to take their large suitcases/ garmet bags, plus two carryons. Not only could they not handle it all between them, the elevators were very full and limited the day of getting off the ship. They were very stressed with each other, I'll never do this again. They squeezed into our elevator with all said luggage, rolling over our feet, we were like sardines. Well, the elevator reached our floor were we were to wait in the theatre. Since they were now in front of us, they had to exit the elevator with all their luggage so we could get by with our carryons. Other folks got off also, then they had to lug everything back on the elevator, of course after giving us hate looks. This is not the way you want to end a cruise.:(

Good to know! Thanks

FWIW - We did the self-debarkation on our last cruise, and I swore I would never do it again...We had no problem with elevators, etc., and had only one very big bag and one carry-on each, but I still managed to hyperextend my elbow somehow...it still bothers me two years later!

The main problem was that we were not permitted to stop and rest once we started down the ramps to the terminal...(this was after a Princess cruise, if that makes any difference)...anyway, when I tried to stop for a minute to adjust the bags and give my arm a rest, I was immediately told that I could not stop, and to keep moving.

Even though we've booked an 11:50 AM flight after our upcoming cruise, we will not try to do the self-debarkation again....it just isnt' worth it to us!

In the heaps and rows and rows of luggage lined up when you get off the ship, we found it so difficult to find all of our luggage and it certainly was not all together in one place (or even close, for that matter). After two cruises and doing the regular way, I was contemplating doing the self disembarkation this January. We always use luggage bands so we can easily identify our commonly black cases, but one year, one came off :(

Does anyone have any great wisdom on making a self disembarkation successful?

Does anyone have any great wisdom on making a self disembarkation successful?

Pack light.

If you can live with the contents of one bag that is a size you can handle, you are set for successful self disembarkation.

If you need assistance with handling your luggage, you are not going to have a good experience trying to do it.

Archived