SIMPLE poll: new version of CC or current one?

Merion_Mom

Should the format of Cruise Critic change?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. Should the format of Cruise Critic change?

• LEAVE Cruise Critic the way it is
    • CHANGE to the Independent Traveler's format
    • I don't give a fig.

The new format seems to lack quite a bit of the the feel of community we have gotten used to here. Speaking for myself, I would be willing to give up some (or most) of the user graphics, countdown clocks, etc. if that is what it would take to save bandwidth, speed up the boards, and save this format.

Patricia

The new format seems to lack quite a bit of the the feel of community we have gotten used to here. Speaking for myself, I would be willing to give up some (or most) of the user graphics, countdown clocks, etc. if that is what it would take to save bandwidth, speed up the boards, and save this format.

Patricia

I think you hit the nail on the head. People are using to much band width. I would love it if people did not post user graphics, countdown clocks, etc - details on 35 lines of what cruises they did. Maybe a size limit?

I would hate to see the photos be removed, as that is what makes CC so great.

I think you hit the nail on the head. People are using to much band width. I would love it if people did not post user graphics, countdown clocks, etc - details on 35 lines of what cruises they did. Maybe a size limit?

I would hate to see the photos be removed, as that is what makes CC so great.

Did you know that you can edit what you see? Go to UserCP, top left corner of the page, go to "Edit Options", scroll down to "Thread Display Options", and uncheck whatever you don't want to see.

I agree............leave CC the way it is. The other site felt cumbersome to navigate and it does look like a start up site. This is way better!!

Please leave our CC site alone!!! We love it just the way it is!!!

Patty

I agree. This version is much easier to read and navigate. Please leave it as it is!

I joined Independent Travel a few years ago. There is a reason I don't post there! I guess CC feels they have to change to the "New Coke".:rolleyes::(

And we all know what happened to "New Coke"

It's not that bad folks.

I've posted-read, and surfed it.

It's just as easy to 'navigate' as here.

You guys really hate change!!!:D

What ever gave you that idea?:confused:;):D

It's not that bad folks.

I've posted-read, and surfed it.

It's just as easy to 'navigate' as here.

You guys really hate change!!!:D:p

There is no reason to change. Change just for the sake of change usually doesn't work out so well. :)

What ever gave you that idea?:confused:;):D

LOL

What makes a bb and makes it popular are the folks who post in it. Trust me-this is an entertaining bunch. :eek:

One of the things that keep many coming back-and please take this with some laughter-is the drama that can go on over the littlest thing. You'd think some folks here, over the little things, have misplaced their first born!!!:p

It's just a change of bb style. I'm sure ya'll can handle it!!!;)

Please leave well enough alone!

I am sure I could get use to it but...

*it has a dull, cold, uninviting business like appearance.

*I do not like the advertisements between post 1 and 2 on each thread.

*The thread titles do not stand out as boldly as the present ones do.

*the green and black printing more difficult to read. Unless the printing is bolded it is hard on the eyes with the white background. The blue is much easier to read.

*don't like the white printing of the date-time and post number with the green background...more difficult to read.

*the posters name does not stand out as much.

*sub forums not underlined.

I am sorry but I feel you will lose alot of posters with the new format.

Has nothing to do with adapting to change.

The biggest complaint is difficult to read for me.

If one makes a change it should be for the better!

Laura

LOL

What makes a bb and makes it popular are the folks who post in it. Trust me-this is an entertaining bunch. :eek:

One of the things that keep many coming back-and please take this with some laughter-is the drama that can go on over the littlest thing. You'd think some folks here, over the little things, have misplaced their first born!!!:p

It's just a change of bb style. I'm sure ya'll can handle it!!!;)

That IS one of the things that makes CC great. When you read some thread titles you know that a battle is going to break out. But sometimes the most innocent thread can turn into a major eruption. That is part of what makes CC so much fun!:D

Archived