Confirmation email about stockholder credit.

Toto2Kansas

I seem to remember reading (if I remember correctly) that you no longer receive an email from Liza M that your stockholder credit has been applied. Did I dream that or is she no longer having emails sent out 'when requested' to verify credit has been given?

We received a 'Booking Confirmation" pdf file that showed our stock holders OBC. I almost missed it as it had the email had the same title as our confirmation email when we made our final payment. Only by looking over the new confirmation did I see that our OBC amount had been credited. The emailed file arrived about two weeks after I snail mailed our request.

I think she's been overwhelmed with all these email requests, and has simply started asking passengers to have their agents check for the credit. I'm not sure she would absolutely refuse to send an email if the passenger persisted.

She also at one point requested that people use the email address for shareholder benefits, instead of her personal email. I assume there might be more than one person in the office, and she was getting swamped merely because she was seen as "the" person to go to. Or perhaps it's just better for tracking purposes, I'm not really sure. In any case, that request of hers appears to have gone largely unheeded.

Ah, the perils of offering personalized service! :rolleyes:

I seem to remember reading (if I remember correctly) that you no longer receive an email from Liza M that your stockholder credit has been applied. Did I dream that or is she no longer having emails sent out 'when requested' to verify credit has been given?

Did this just change? Last one I got was early September, so I guess we'll wait for someone to jump in with a later date.

Pia, we have a member of our roll call that hasn't gotten her email receipt and she has waited several days (I haven't even faxed mine over yet). She was wanting to know if maybe there was a problem why she had not received the confirmation email. I couldn't find the post that mentioned no more email receipts, so thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew for sure. The last one we submitted was in April/May this year and we did get a confirmation email. Things seem to be changing so quickly anymore, I find it best to ask and see how it has been handled by someone who has faxed in the request in the last couple of months. Hopefully we will get a definite/recent answer. ;)

Pia, we have a member of our roll call that hasn't gotten her email receipt and she has waited several days (I haven't even faxed mine over yet). She was wanting to know if maybe there was a problem why she had not received the confirmation email. I couldn't find the post that mentioned no more email receipts, so thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew for sure. The last one we submitted was in April/May this year and we did get a confirmation email. Things seem to be changing so quickly anymore, I find it best to ask and see how it has been handled by someone who has faxed in the request in the last couple of months. Hopefully we will get a definite/recent answer. ;)

Exactly. I'm waiting too, since I made final payment 2 days ago on one of my cruises. And now I may have another OBC coming since my husband is a vet. What fun! :D

I just bought CCL after selling RCCL. SO I need to learn what I am to do when I book a cruise to get what I am deserving. Just tell my TA? Or do they have a file on all stockholders that when you book you answer yes to stockholder area on booking?

I always e-mail my request to shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com and have always received a confirmation (and I've never actually requested a confirmation). Just did this a couple of weeks ago. I've always gotten the confirmation within a day or two. With e-mails, it's really easy for her to do a Reply to Sender. If you can, provide proof of deposit and a proof of share ownership as e-mail attachments and provide the required info in your e-mail message. If you don't have a way to do that, then I guess you're stuck with faxing.

I just bought CCL after selling RCCL. SO I need to learn what I am to do when I book a cruise to get what I am deserving. Just tell my TA? Or do they have a file on all stockholders that when you book you answer yes to stockholder area on booking?

All your answers are right here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1:cool:

Exactly. I'm waiting too, since I made final payment 2 days ago on one of my cruises. And now I may have another OBC coming since my husband is a vet. What fun! :D

Shareholder credit and Military Service Credit are not combinable. It's one or the other.

Maybe that explains why I have received no email. I sent an email to the shareholder benefit early last week and when I received no reply I resent it to Liza's personal email, but still not confirmation as we have always received in the past. We used to get a note back from her within 24 hours.

Update!!

Just received my email confirmation from Liza two seconds after I posted this. So we are all confirmed. Yeah!!

Shareholder credit and Military Service Credit are not combinable. It's one or the other.

It seems that has changed in the last couple of weeks. It wasn't when it began, but now they seem to have changed the rules and they are (from what has been reported).

Toto:

I sent my CCL stock info in October for our December cruises and didn't receive any confirmation at all. Actually I've only received an e-mail confirmation once in all the times I've sent the stock information in. My TA did check and it was credited to our account, otherwise I wouldn't have known until we were on the ship.

I've read on here where so many have gotten a confirmation, but I've only been lucky once in that area. Don't know if the policy has changed, but this is what I've found.

Obviously things have changed quite recently and you are now allowed to get both. Besides which, I am the owner of CCL while my husband is the veteran.

Toto,

Last time there was a posting was shortly after the "change" in email confirmation was supposed to take place, so you remember correctly.

What I observed at that time, having just received an email confirmation, was that people who FAXed in their request for shareholder benefit did not get an email back, however those who emailed the request like I did tended to get an email reply back with the confirmation.

I suspect it is far easier for Liza to just do a "reply" with a copy/paste of a standard confirmation sentence than it is for her or her alternate to find the email address on th fax, type it in and create a new email.

Whether my observation bears any relation to reality is purely coincidental :rolleyes:.

Toto,

Last time there was a posting was shortly after the "change" in email confirmation was supposed to take place, so you remember correctly.

What I observed at that time, having just received an email confirmation, was that people who FAXed in their request for shareholder benefit did not get an email back, however those who emailed the request like I did tended to get an email reply back with the confirmation.

I suspect it is far easier for Liza to just do a "reply" with a copy/paste of a standard confirmation sentence than it is for her or her alternate to find the email address on th fax, type it in and create a new email.

Whether my observation bears any relation to reality is purely coincidental :rolleyes:.

Thanks, again at least I am not loosing my mind entirely. lol

OK, just faxed in my request, asking for an email confirmation. Will wait and see if it arrives, if not, I will check with my TA to make sure it has been applied. One thing I found out a long time ago was without the confimation, you don't know for sure. I faxed in my request several years ago and something went haywire with the fax, it showed it went through, but they didn't receive it in a readable fax. The credit wasn't applied, but thankfully I followed up on it the following week and resent the fax. :) Since that time, I always double check. ;)

I sent in our shareholder benefit requests for my sister and myself (we're in separate cabins) on 11/8 for my January cruise. On 11/11, I received this email:

This email will serve as confirmation that your bookings noted below have each been issued a $100.00 Carnival shareholder benefit shipboard credits.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

I sent in our shareholder benefit requests for my sister and myself (we're in separate cabins) on 11/8 for my January cruise. On 11/11, I received this email:

This email will serve as confirmation that your bookings noted below have each been issued a $100.00 Carnival shareholder benefit shipboard credits.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

Pam, email or fax? We have always received that exact confirmation in the past even when we faxed in the info, but it sounds like maybe now it must be emailed to receive it?????

Pam, email or fax? We have always received that exact confirmation in the past even when we faxed in the info, but it sounds like maybe now it must be emailed to receive it?????
I emailed our request as my printer can create a .pdf file of several pages in seconds. For me, it's easier to do it this way.

Several years ago, I bought the full Adobe Acrobat program (on eBay) and it was worth every penny as I can create a .pdf file out of anything. I have also created .pdf files out of our wills, trusts, and other important documents and stored everything electronically so it's always available.

About fours weeks ago, I faxed Lisa a copy of my military (retired) ID card.

I then read on here about it needing to be in color (blue in my case) so I faxed again.

Somebody mentioned on here that Lisa must be swamped as they had not heard back so I assumed that was the case for me. After not hearing by the start of last week, I faxed a copy of my Shareholders notification. Still no answer, so at the end of last week I snail mailed copies of both with email address on each.

To date , I have still not heard-We sail in January so there is still time but. . . confimation sure would be nice.

Archived