December 14 - 21, 2010 - SeaDream II

mimito4

In keeping with my personal rule on controlling anticipation excitement, we are now officially one week away from departing snowy, cold Cincinnati for St. Thomas, where we will begin our first SeaDream (II) adventure Dec. 14.

So, I can let go.

Let the thrilling begin! Wheeeeeeeeee! (after all, have you noticed my avatar?)

I think veve09 was going, but hasn't been seen (heard from) around here in a while. Are you still on? Anyone else?

There must be very few people on this voyage because I saw on an un-named web site that is known for posting deals 90 days and under, that this cruise has dropped another $400 in price, and it was already a good deal. It's a good thing I used that Bidding for Good certificate or I'd be a tiny bit annoyed. Perhaps some of you are able to jump on that deal?

And finally, any more fun tips? I promise one picture (I'll even do silly) for every tip. ;) :D

Thanks guys. I'm not sure it would be that nice to cruise with only 40 or 50 people. Seems like it might be boring?

Oh well, regardless, I'm excited, and counting down the days.

We had 46 on board my last sailing and it was still a fantastic experience. More talking to fellow passengers and really getting to know them. We spent quite a bit of time talking to staff as well. The bartenders were a lot of fun mixing up every crazy drink my DH could think of. Ever had a Corpse Reviver?:eek:

No dancing to YMCA, but that's okay. You can always party it up in St. Barts - the nightlife is supposed to be pretty wild.

I also think that there was even more pampering than usual by the crew. What's not to like about that?

At least Sea Dream doesn’t compromise the integrity of their product my selling the rooms at any cost which could attract the wrong type of fellow passengers. We’ve been on premium (not luxury lines) before where some of the fellow passengers had their first introduction to civilization on the cruise.

I think it would be great to sail with the ship at 50% since there would be more room and possibly better service. No long lines at the bar, able to ride the Sea Dream twice, able to get one of the Balinese beds, and just having extra space. You might stand a better chance of getting a table for to if that is your thing.

Maybe it just been the cruises I've been on, but I've never heard of anyone having trouble getting a table for two on any of the SD cruises. Occassionally, you may have to sit at a 4 top, but you would still be able to dine by yourself. I don't think that's the problem. Of course I think we've only been on on voyage that's been totally sold out with some cabins choosing to have a 3rd passenger (which I can't imagine 3 people sharing one bathroom!):eek:.

No dancing to YMCA, but that's okay. You can always party it up in St. Barts - the nightlife is supposed to be pretty wild.

Ha! My husband would get a kick out of that. We're very social, but I'm afraid for the most part our hard-core partying days are behind us. That is, unless the party starts early and ends by 10ish. No Latin American hours for us. :p

OK, I'm sold. I'm able to tolerate extra pampering with ease, so I'll fit in well.

Thanks all (and hi Wes !).

I do have a quick question. We embark in St. Thomas (not sure where yet), and want to know if we check out of the Marriott at 11ish, is it possible to drop our luggage off at the dock early with SD and browse around the town until 2, when we can board?

I asked SD this same question and was told it is not possible in St Thomas to drop the bags before 2. I figure we may try anyway and see what happens as I've read on here people have done it in the past.

We have dropped bags earlier, BUT it is entirely dependent upon the guard at the gate.

When we did it SD was at Crown Bay and was the only ship there. The bags sat outside behind the little guard shack until we got back. If there is another ship there don't even think about it too much risk of your bags being taken.

If you are at Havensight it might be possible because they usually line up the bags on the pier and let them stay there until the crew gets them on board. The one advantage to Havensight is that they are right next to the ship and usually someone is around to watch them.

I would leave them at the hotel and go back and get them right before you go to the ship.

Hi mimito! Yes, we are very excited to finally board the yacht on Tuesday! I've been counting down the days for an embarrassingly long time now. And even though it's only in the 60's here...I'm excited to get to a warmer place! Sorry I've been MIA...I've had a sick baby :(

Hi vev09! If you've had a sick baby, you need to get away, right?

We'll see you on-board. I'm Teresa, and husband is Don. Can't wait!

I am a bit worried about the weather coming our way. We're supposed to get snow and high winds Sunday and Monday, and our flight is very early Monday morning. I do so hope we're not held up. Oh well, that's the reason we chose to fly in a day early.

I'd worked on getting the heck out of Dodge (laka Cincinnati in this case) ahead of the blizzard predictions all morning. Didnt sleep last night thinking about best strategy. Finally was able to change from tomorrow 6 a.m. to a 4:00 flt from Dayton today getting into Atlanta this evening for overnight and then grabbing our originally scheduled flight from Atlanta to St. Thomas tomorrow.

Ugh. Not looking good. We're now sitting in the Dayton airport with 2 delays so far--weather in Atlanta even. Snow coming down. Good thing we decided to start 2 days early.

I hate snow.

I need hope SeaDreamers. . .tell me it's going to be worth it.

I'd worked on getting the heck out of Dodge (laka Cincinnati in this case) ahead of the blizzard predictions all morning. Didnt sleep last night thinking about best strategy. Finally was able to change from tomorrow 6 a.m. to a 4:00 flt from Dayton today getting into Atlanta this evening for overnight and then grabbing our originally scheduled flight from Atlanta to St. Thomas tomorrow.

Ugh. Not looking good. We're now sitting in the Dayton airport with 2 delays so far--weather in Atlanta even. Snow coming down. Good thing we decided to start 2 days early.

I hate snow.

I need hope SeaDreamers. . .tell me it's going to be worth it.

Sending pixie dust ~*~*~*~ your way Teresa (I am DISNEY Jen after all:p:D:p)!

I can tell you that it will be so incredibly worth all the hassles once you are on board!

Nope, it won't be worth it..... it will be MORE than worth it!! :D

Agreed CDreamer!

Here we are three weeks off our beloved SD2 and all I have to do is look at my photos and review my notes and I am instantly transported to one of my two happiest places on earth!!

Trust the veterans Teresa ... you are in for a treat!:cool:

Damn T, u should have emailed me that Don and you were coming to Atlanta, our casa es su casa. You could have stayed with us, but then again u guys are probably staying at the Ritz :)...enjoy your cruise!

Just flew back to Ohio from NY, NY. Got in the door less than 30 min ago. The airports were very unpleasantly crowded but it looked like only a few (unfortunate) flights were cancelled. Mostly delays.

You were smart to give yourself wiggle room...let us know of your progress...

Adding to DJ's pixie dust to get you there! :)

First off, thanks for all the rahrahing, particulary the pixie dust, DJ and fpebbles. . .it seems to have worked. Is that official Disney dust?

And Wes, let me just say that if last night's lodging was the Ritz, their facilities, services and amenities have gone WAY DOWN hill. I'm far too cheap to do Ritz for a few hours sleep. . .just give me clean, that's all. Oh, and what happened to Hot'lanta? It was Cold'lanta last night. Brrrrrr.

As I type (on my new early Xmas present IPad on complimentary wi-fi courtesy of Google Chrome) we are now enroute to St Thomas. Life feels good. . .no, life feels totally fab right now. :D

Looking forward to meeting you & Barry, Paula. Let's have fun, huh?

I shall keep all you "poor left-behinds" posted.

First off, thanks for all the rahrahing, particulary the pixie dust, DJ and fpebbles. . .it seems to have worked. Is that official Disney dust?

And Wes, let me just say that if last night's lodging was the Ritz, their facilities, services and amenities have gone WAY DOWN hill. I'm far too cheap to do Ritz for a few hours sleep. . .just give me clean, that's all. Oh, and what happened to Hot'lanta? It was Cold'lanta last night. Brrrrrr.

As I type (on my new early Xmas present IPad on complimentary wi-fi courtesy of Google Chrome) we are now enroute to St Thomas. Life feels good. . .no, life feels totally fab right now. :D

Looking forward to meeting you & Barry, Paula. Let's have fun, huh?

I shall keep all you "poor left-behinds" posted.

Yes ... this ~*~*~ ... is the official DisneyJen pixie dust:p

Glad you are STT bound!

Looking forward to your updates!!

Bon voyage ... from a poor left behind;)

Archived