Reservations -Specialty Restaurants on Journey

oceandrive

I see that guests in the Suite can go to the specialty restaurants whenever they want, free of charge.

How easy or difficult it is for non-suite guest to reserve a table in specialty restaurants ?

Is it always sold-out days in advance ?

I didn't have any problems getting reservations at the specialty dinning venues during my Holy Land Cruise in mid November. I eat early normally, around 6 to 6:30 and was able to get reservations for 2 even the night before or the day of for either Prime C or Aqualina. On two of the at sea days there were empty seats in Aqualina until well past 8 pm. Both are very good by the way, the Filet mignon in Aqualine is as good as the one in Prime C if not better.

Easy to book...on board or ahead online. The ship is small and people can eat in many places. The menus in the specialty restaurants are fixed which makes most people choose to dine there a few times. They share the same kitchen and you can pick food from either menu. I like the MDR. The menus vary and the food is great. The breezes/windows buffet is also a nice option...and you can dine aft on deck. In cabin is also a nice option. Dining on the veranda is a special treat. Do it at least once for lunch.

For Azamara you used to be able to book ahead of time - 30 or 60 days out - by phone - no more. In Oct. we were asked during the boarding process what days we wanted to eat in the speciality rest. (we were not in a suite) and you could make one reservation for each venue at that time. Near the end of the cruise we were able to get one additional seating in Aqualina. Some of the evenings I thought the food was nearly as good in the MDR as in the specialities but atmosphere is not as elegant. Enjoy!

Just wanted to add that if you are on a B2B they will let you book for your next cruise 1 or 2 days before your 2nd segment starts.

We like to eat early too and didnt have a problem getting reservations at either restaurant around 6-630pm

These restaurants have wonderful views especially for a scenic sailaway!!

Also, while it's meant to be a leisurely dining experience..

if you have any health issues that might prevent you for sitting extended periods, let them know ahead of time.

(bad back, etc etc)

They will totally accomadate you. We were able to finish our meal within 1 hour and 15 minutes and this included our dessert.

I was most appreciative to this additional level of service and accomadation. On many other cruise lines Ive missed out the Speciality dining restaruant because its difficult

for me to sit up straight and look like I have "proper" manners for an extended period of time

Side note for OceanDrive

Breezas back deck dining is a hidden gem of ambiance while have the flexibility of the buffet.

We enjoyed the mood of candelight and live music while having option of sampling a little of this and a little of that while dressed causally after a long day in port!!!

We ditto Breezes. It is perfect for the sail away too. We spent many afternoons there to recoup from our busy days ashore.

I guess I don't need to reiterate the "new" reservation policy. It has been in effect since either late spring or early summer of '10.

You guys are awesome !

Thank you so much for your wealth of information ! I am very excited about this cruise on Feb. 15th. This will be about cruise number 30 for me but first time on Azamara. It was time for me to try a little more upscale and beat the crowds. Really. I prefer smaller intimate ships. I think I will adore the concept...

Archived