Only one Allure complaint....

Just returned from Allure inaugural cruise. It was fantastic! I literally had only one small complaint, and I'm wondering if anyone else was a little freaked out by this as well: The stall doors in the restrooms slammed shut so loudly! I mean the public restrooms. My wife noticed it too. I mean it is LOUD! Kinda scary too. RCCL can you guys put a little buffer on those, thanks!

Just returned from Allure inaugural cruise. It was fantastic! I literally had only one small complaint, and I'm wondering if anyone else was a little freaked out by this as well: The stall doors in the restrooms slammed shut so loudly! I mean the public restrooms. My wife noticed it too. I mean it is LOUD! Kinda scary too. RCCL can you guys put a little buffer on those, thanks!

Yes! I totally noticed this too and it still made me jump every time! Also not sure why the water was automatic but still had to pump the soap in the public restroom, so you still had to touch it......... and still had to touch the door handle too to get out.

Yep, I noticed it too. They need to fix it!

Also not sure why the water was automatic but still had to pump the soap in the public restroom, so you still had to touch it......... and still had to touch the door handle too to get out.

Once you pump your soap, it will do its job in killing the germs and cleansing your hands. You do not need to have hands-free soap; it's just a gimmick, really.

Also, all public restrooms on the ships have a "handicapped" access button. There is one on the outside wall and one on the inside wall; press it and the door will open for you by itself. You can use your paper towel to push the button on the inside, throw it away in the basket by the door, and leave hands-free. :)

Very true, really startling the first time I heard it. Then actually kinda funny. One tip for the ladies: Be certain the lock inside the stall door is completely horizontal (they are very stiff to turn all the way) or the occupancy indicator will stay white. Another startling moment or two in the rest rooms, until I caught on !!:eek:

I felt relieved to read this post. I thought I was the only one who noticed this on the Oasis. I can understand the need to have self closing doors in the public washrooms and cabins, but RCL really should do something to correct the banging noise. Every time the washroom or outside door closed in the cabins next to us, we heard it in our cabin and it was LOUD!

Of course you would think that passengers who noticed the noise the first time would catch the door so it wouldn't slam but this was not the case. Some people don't notice noise. It struck me strange that this problem exists given the planning and innovation that went into this ship. Is it actually possible that RCL officials haven't noticed how loudly the cabin doors close or if they noticed they didn't think it was worth correcting?

Then actually kinda funny. One tip for the ladies: Be certain the lock inside the stall door is completely horizontal (they are very stiff to turn all the way) or the occupancy indicator will stay white. Another startling moment or two in the rest rooms, until I caught on !!:eek:

Good to know! :D

That's my major complaint about Oasis and Allure--the cruises need to be longer. I LOVE those two ships.

I just told my son..all ships seem prehistoric after sailing on the Allure :)

It's so new and updated. An engineering marvel. Royal Caribbean got it right.

Now, if only they could get better food in the free dining areas :)

That's my major complaint about Oasis and Allure--the cruises need to be longer. I LOVE those two ships.

That's why we decided to do a B2B on the Allure in January...we didn't think we'd be able to see the whole ship in seven days...maybe not even in 14 days! :eek:

Natasha708, heard that the food in the free dining area are not the same standard across the fleet. You said the food in the free dining area on the Allure need improvement, meaning.... they are not better than the older ships fleet? Can you elaborate on this?

Hi: Yes, but remember this is just my opinion. I have also ate on 5 Princess cruises and recently Holland America. I strongly feel I can eat on Princess and Holland in their free dining without any complaints.

As a matter of fact, when I disembarked off the last Holland America ship, my first thoughts were "Shame on Royal Caribbean." I can't see any difference in the free food on RCCL's New or older ships. It's mostly the same menu on all the ships. Only a very few changes, in the ships, or at all in the last 5 years :(

Not to say I, or anyone, will go hungry. There is always the salad bar :) But, the hamburgers on the buffet are soaked in greece, yet dry and over cooked, and the chicken is over cooked everywhere. Most free food has little or no spice added, so it seems to be bland and tasteless. Did I elaborate too much? I could go on... :winky:

I just told my son..all ships seem prehistoric after sailing on the Allure :)

It's so new and updated. An engineering marvel. Royal Caribbean got it right.

Now, if only they could get better food in the free dining areas :)

We had great food time and again in the Park Cafe, which is one of the free dining areas. Cafe Promenade wasn't bad either, although the offerings are more limited. Really enjoyed breakfast in the Solarium Bistro, too.

We had great food time and again in the Park Cafe, which is one of the free dining areas. Cafe Promenade wasn't bad either, although the offerings are more limited. Really enjoyed breakfast in the Solarium Bistro, too.

I didn't like the soup or the beef sandwich in Park Cafe. Cafe Promenade is boring. If I want a sub sandwich I can go to subway at home.

We did have breakfast at the Solarium Bistro. I had lox and a bagel..same thing I could get in the Windjammer. You really can't mess up lox, unless it's overly salty, which lucky for me, it was not. I did like the yogurt fruit cup they had in there, but, nothing really jumps out as new or innovative.

On Holland America you can have Eggs Benedict 10 different ways from the free buffet..and that's just the beginning.

Not that I'm comparing RCCL and Holland. I already know the differences in the product, yet the prices are the same for a balcony cabin on most ships..so really it is fair to compare.

Very true, really startling the first time I heard it. Then actually kinda funny. One tip for the ladies: Be certain the lock inside the stall door is completely horizontal (they are very stiff to turn all the way) or the occupancy indicator will stay white. Another startling moment or two in the rest rooms, until I caught on !!:eek:

Was that you that I walked into...Sorry, but the indicator wasn't red.:o

Food: disappointed too! The soups were way too salty, lobster (day 5) bland and overcooked some of the food from MDR was cold when it arrived. Park cafe was ok, windjammer was very limited and greasy. solarium - salmon was dry. Our server was great though. the cold soups were good. Scallops were good. Shrimps so so.

Make sure you check your account carefully, there were many errors on our.

Dreamworks: would have preferred more dreamworks. seems like it was just an afterthought.

9am movies, 12am movies, movies when in port. Bee movie constantly playing on TV Would be nice if there was more organization so we could plan thing better. If they could add the movies/parades/events into the mycruise entertainment so we could plan ahead.

Archived