Marina - 45 Days and Counting

Oceania3

Tick tock, tick tock - the countdown begins! A new photo update has been posted on the blog - www.OceaniaCruisesBlog.com.

Best,

Tim

Ahhhh...45 short days for you...but, alas, still 8 months off for me...

For now, it's great seeing the photos and dreaming...Thanks...

A request for the next set of photos: the showroom ("Marina Lounge")...

Hi, Tim, thanks for posting the link. I admit that I am not someone who visits the Oceania website very often, so I appreciate the heads up. The chandeliers and wall sconces depicted are gorgeous.

Only six months more for me to wait!:)

I've been in mourning ever since we had to cancel and not make final payment. Haven't looked forward to anything this much in years.....Oh well, as DH says, "things happen for a reason."

Mo

Mo, now you have a 'bit' of snow to take your mind off your lost cruise.....but I'm sure it makes you think of the next one....:D....stay positive!!

Joyce :)

Ha ha ha ha.......

Just dug 20 bas of leaves out of the snow plow pile at end of drive.....and the forecast is for more this weekend. I don't know the total, but it it a record for sure. Over 120 cm and that was a couple days ago.

Lucan, a small town just north of us got 177 cm or 5'8" for those who are metric-challenged....

Mo

We are only 45 minutes east of London, and have barely a skiff of snow right now. Its unbelievable whacky weather around here. I have heard we will be pummelled by snow on Sunday/Monday, and all my kids are praying for snowday on Monday!

To all those lucky cruisers on the Marina in January, I hope you post many reviews, pictures and comments on these boards so the rest of us can enjoy them in anticipation :)

Thanks for the link to the blog, I spent many happy hours reading

Well, the cruise documents arrived. It is our first on Oceania. Very nice and personalized brochure.

Looks like it has everything we enjoy in cruises...food, nice staff, food, nice smaller ship, food, appealing shipmates, food, and generous details without spilling the beans.

Did I mention food?

Unfortunately, no detailed menus for the new specialty eateries.

Overall very appealing and very nicely done.

I'll be posting "live from the Marina" as I'm sure others will as well. Will be unique to read different opinions.

Okay...have made 2 culinary class reservations and 1 excursion reservation.

I will be curious to see how many people actually sign up for the culinary classes. I was a little shocked with the scheduling. They have crowded them together and don't alway seem convenient times, but I'm sure they are structured around availability of the kitchen staff and chefs.

At any rate, I am looking forward to trying this cruise line and this cruise ship.

The Chocolate Class was scheduled at 4pm.

Hmmmm 4pm class vs. 4pm tea? Tough choice.

Family vote - unanimous.

Tea wins. Oh well. Next time.

My thoughts exactly. So I signed up for the pasta classes.

I think the scheduling is different on different cruises

On ours the chocolate class was at 1pm on a port days or during the Canal transit

Trivia we have seen at 10 am, 2pm, 9 pm & 5 pm etc... so it is flexible also ;)

Lyn

The Chocolate Class was scheduled at 4pm.

Hmmmm 4pm class vs. 4pm tea? Tough choice.

Family vote - unanimous.

Tea wins. Oh well. Next time.

This is for the maiden voyage of the Marina.

Trivia?? NOTHING interferes with Trivia!

Having said that I've never had a conflict with Tea. The CD's we've interacted with seem to appreciate the importance of both.

How do you know the schedules of trivia?? I would love to see something that gives some information on how the days at sea will be organized. Sleeping in, breakfast in the stateroom are a given--but what else is being offered??

Is there a website I can look at?? Cannot wait for this cruise. It's my most anticipated cruise since my first one back in 1985!

Mom C

You often have a good idea of how events will be scheduled on ships you have cruised on before. However, since the Marina is so new we really don't know what their activities/times will be - we are all guessing at this point. We will know soon enough.

Marion

• 4 weeks later...

Archived