A $30 burger?

nobog

I'm excited about this change! It sounds amazing to be able to #1 get a really good steak/burger on board, and #2 cook it youself next to a Celebrity chef - it seems like it might be fun, not every night of course, but once sure!

They have to distinguish the ships from one another, who wants 5 identical ships sailing around?!

I certainly hope this means HGS won't be replaced on the existing 3 ships! At least we know that the costs of removing all that expensive equipment would probably make a removal more trouble than it's worth.

Andy, while I appreciate your continued efforts to keep people in the know about Celebrity, your comment here does seem a bit misdirected. The OP was quoting from the Cruise News section on this site, which does not make it clear that the $30 is only applied at dinner.

Is it certain, that the evening charge will be 30$? Haven´t heard that yesterday during the conference call.

A Celebrity mainstay, this venue is being transformed from an "elegant social club" into a craft beer bar featuring new décor (including 46-inch televisions) and a selection of whiskeys and scotches -- plus more than 50 international hand-crafted beers. Bar snacks will include housemade gourmet potato chips and breadsticks along with caramel popcorn.

In addition to live music, playlists featuring such popular modern artists as Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5 and Kings of Leon will be piped into the venue.

A couple of good reasons not to go there.... Think I'll stick to the first three of the "S"' fleet.

Phil.

Is $30 a nominal charge?

Can you imagine the picture on formal nights, guests standing in front of a hot, smoky fire, grilling steaks, etc.. in a TUX!!?? Perhaps there will be a market for asbestos vests.....

AS Dylan said, " The Times They Are A-changin' "

Season's Greetings to All from Frozen North Carolina

Is $30 a nominal charge?

Can you imagine the picture on formal nights, guests standing in front of a hot, smoky fire, grilling steaks, etc.. in a TUX!!?? Perhaps there will be a market for asbestos vests.....

The formal night dress code only applies for the MDR, Murano and Theatre. I can remember, that Tuscan Grille was excepted. It might be the same with Lawn Grill.

If they did not change anything from the ship then it would be the same old same old and you have carbon copies of the same ship, I like the X tweaks their Solstice class ships and having new chocies is always great..

About the steaks you can cook yourself well I like that idea this way I have no one to blame if my steak comes out cold or not to the degree on doneness I like.

Change is constant it keeps things fresh and new and gives you choices.

Way to go X

Since when is $30 per person "nominal"?

We were planning on booking Silhouette out of NJ for November 2011. I am sad she will not have the hot glass show as I was looking forward to finally seeing that.

Sounds like a good excuse for another cruise...

Andy, while I appreciate your continued efforts to keep people in the know about Celebrity, your comment here does seem a bit misdirected. The OP was quoting from the Cruise News section on this site, which does not make it clear that the $30 is only applied at dinner.

I participated in the webinar yesterday, and it seemed to me that there were no plans to charge $30 for lunch, mostly because they're planning on a totally different menu between lunch and dinner service, and that's assuming that lunch is even an option, between the workshops, classes, and demos they're planning--Planning for a space that has yet to even be built!

It seems a bit premature to complain about policies around something that likely hasn't even yet been carved in jello, doesn't it?

I participated in the webinar yesterday, and it seemed to me that there were no plans to charge $30 for lunch, mostly because they're planning on a totally different menu between lunch and dinner service, and that's assuming that lunch is even an option, between the workshops, classes, and demos they're planning--Planning for a space that has yet to even be built!

It seems a bit premature to complain about policies around something that likely hasn't even yet been carved in jello, doesn't it?

Not sure why you're quoting me. I wasn't complaining about anything to do with Celebrity; I was pointing out that a Cruise Critic moderator wrongly criticized a poster for a statement that was made based on information from Cruise Critic.

Is $30 a nominal charge?

Merry Christmas from chilly SWFL.

[quote name='dkjretired']Not to start an argument but formal night dress code only applies to MDR. been that way now for a few months. Smart Casual for rest of ship.

What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?
Subject: Dress Code

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty dining restaurants is "Smart Casual and Above" for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the main restaurant.

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.[/quote]

I just shared my experience on a recent Solstice Cruise in Nov. MDR, Theater and Murano was mentioned.

[quote name='dfishner']
About the steaks you can cook yourself well I like that idea this way I have no one to blame if my steak comes out cold or not to the degree on doneness I like.
[/quote]

Actually, with cooking skills like mine, the steak is going to come out wrong with me messing with it, no matter how good the "supervision" is.

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Nobog !

I was on the Conference Call today, and the plan is for Lunch to be Complimentary. Dinner will be $ 30 PP, and will feature (Per the Celebrity Press Release) Top Quality Meats - the photo showed Steaks, not standard Lunch fare. In other words, it shouldn't cost $30 for a Burger.

Of course, anything can change over the next several months, so we will have to wait and see.[/quote]

Hi Andy and all,

I too was confused about whether lunch would be free or at least a lowered fee, so I emailed our PR contact at Celebrity before writing the item, and she confirmed that there will in fact be the same $30 charge for lunch at the Lawn Club Grill as there is for dinner.

Also, cooking your own steak/meat is an option, not a requirement.

Shayne

[quote name='CCShayne']Hi Andy and all,

I too was confused about whether lunch would be free or at least a lowered fee, so I emailed our PR contact at Celebrity before writing the item, and she confirmed that there will in fact be the same $30 charge for lunch at the Lawn Club Grill as there is for dinner.

Also, cooking your own steak/meat is an option, not a requirement.

Shayne[/QUOTE]

Hi Shayne !

Thanks for very much for clarifying. I was sure I heard it mentioned that Lunch would be complimentary... So, I'm puzzled at the moment. I was quite busy with several items as I typed and listened to the call, so it's possible I misheard what was said. Then again, I might be losing my mind :)

I apologize to the OP and our CC Friends for any confusion.

"In addition to live music, playlists featuring such popular modern artists as Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5 and Kings of Leon will be piped into the venue."

[quote name='floridacruisers']A couple of good reasons not to go there.... Think I'll stick to the first three of the "S"' fleet.[/QUOTE]

From this would one assume that the demographic they are planning to draw into this venue will be the 25-45 year olds? As a baby boomer(which seemed to be the age group of the majority of the pax on my recent trip ) I find most of this not to my taste. It certainly would be a step up from most of the Ambient-Techno music that I heard on Millie though.

The piped in music is one area that Celebrity could take a lesson from Oceania on. They know who their market is.

Of course there is a world of people that never really hear it or think about it and it's probably not that important to them one way or the other.

[I]quote:A Celebrity mainstay, this venue is being transformed from an "elegant social club" into a craft beer bar featuring new décor (including 46-inch televisions) and a selection of whiskeys and scotches -- plus more than 50 international hand-crafted beers. Bar snacks will include housemade gourmet potato chips and breadsticks along with caramel popcorn.

In addition to live music, playlists featuring such popular modern artists as Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5 and Kings of Leon will be piped into the venue. [/I]
[quote name='floridacruisers']A couple of good reasons not to go there.... Think I'll stick to the first three of the "S"' fleet.

Phil.[/QUOTE]

Us too!.... can't folks live without their big TVs for just a few days? and never heard of any of those groups-- I guess they want someone else's money from now on--rather than our three cruise a year!

Michaels was especially nice for cocktails on formal night--so elegant! They used to have a harpist on some ships..long gone!

[quote name='dfishner']If they did not change anything from the ship then it would be the same old same old and you have carbon copies of the same ship, I like the X tweaks their Solstice class ships and having new chocies is always great..

Change is constant it keeps things fresh and new and gives you choices.
Way to go X[/QUOTE]

How much tip should you leave yourself?

Archived