power strip?

teacher1906

That may be true, cb, but some of us have several things that require recharging, and it's easier to plug multiple items in simuntaneously sometimes.

Since many of us don't spend huge amounts of time in our cabins during the day because we're going ashore or there's so much available to do onboard, recharging things overnight is often the most convenient.

Whatever works for you, works for you. I'd rather have the power strip, and recharge when it's most convenient for me. I didn't mean to sound snotty, but different things work better for different people.

We traveled with our power strip, and always able to carry it on in our camera bag.

To sum it up:

Electric razor.

Hair staightener

3 cell phones.

curling iron

Charger for camera x 2 cameras

Camcorder battery charger

No, we don't use all the appliances at once, but, you never know when the 16 year old needs to do her hair, charge her phone and camera.

We always unplug and put in a suit case when not in use and only charge something when we are in the cabin.

Safe travels

I read posts where several suggested a power strip, but I also read that the outlets don't accept the 3 prong plugs? Is that accurate? My power strip and hair dryer have the ground prong.

Every ship I've been on has had a 3 prong outlet with the exception of the bathroom outlet. That one is for razors, I believe.

We always pack a power strip, mainly to use as an extension cord for my DH's pap machine, but sometimes that extra outlet sure comes in handy.

I read posts where several suggested a power strip, but I also read that the outlets don't accept the 3 prong plugs? Is that accurate? My power strip and hair dryer have the ground prong.

There is usually just one outlet in the cabin (other than the one in the bathroom designed just for razors) -- and it will accept the 3 prong plug of your hair dryer.

If you don't need it, don't bother with the power strip. But like a lot of the previous posters said, sometimes having the extra plugs comes in handy. I'm in a power wheelchair that needs to be recharged, and I'll often plug it in if I'm in the cabin doing other things during the day, just to ensure it has a proper charge, for example.

Carnival boards say power stripes are often confiscated. I would not be bringing a large one. Unless you need it for medical .. there have been issues bringing them onboard.

Hopefully enough complaints that Carnival backed off .. but they obviously dont want you using too much electricity to me. They claim they could be a fire hazard...

I have a short one that I am taking next May. I am looking forward to see if they change the placement of the plug (yes, it is 3-prong) so that it is not squeezed between the mirror and vanity top. If it is in the same place, I'm taking a picture this time so that people can see that many phone chargers just don't fit there.

It's irritating.

I bought this power strip before my cruise. It slips into a corner of a camera bag or laptop bag. It's also helpful if you want to share a power outlet with someone at the airport...

41E2WifdEIL._AA300_.jpg

I just ordered one too. Sure seems to be a better choice than taking one of our regular power strips. I didn't order it through Amazon though, went with Bottom Line Telecommunications. Thank you for your post.

There is a second outlet that one could use .... it's up on the wall behind the TV set. I used that one at times in March on the Golden, so as to not constantly tie up the one at the desk/dresser.

BRILLIANT!!! I never even thought to look there. My mind apparently goes on vacation when I do.

Thanks for the tip.

You can always bring a 3 two 2 converter available at a local home depot but like all things electrical use with etreme caution. Strips can be a risk if one decides to plug 5 high current use items and 3rd ground prong is all around safety. I believe on many ships powerstrips are banned due to safety issues.

This was recommended on some other Carnival board and it looks like a great travel accessory: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1292354797&sr=1-1 The cool thing is the plug 'rotates' so you can get itno awkward nooks and crannies in cruise cabins, hotel rooms, airports, etc! And the USB ports may eliminate some of those extra chargers/cables you need to bring along!

Just got mine last week and planning to take it on my next cruise!!

This was recommended on some other Carnival board and it looks like a great travel accessory: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1292354797&sr=1-1 The cool thing is the plug 'rotates' so you can get itno awkward nooks and crannies in cruise cabins, hotel rooms, airports, etc! And the USB ports may eliminate some of those extra chargers/cables you need to bring along!

Just got mine last week and planning to take it on my next cruise!!

I got two of these a few months ago and just took one on a recent cruise (on another cruise line) and it worked very well for us.

Keith

Archived