BOA Visa double points ending soon

BroncosFan2010

I used this link last night that I obtained from another thread after doing a search and it worked.

I'm on your roll call. I just redeemed some points for OBC for my Solstice in October since I already have plenty for our Connie cruise. My BofA is Amex, and I found the OBC offers by clicking on the special offers section on the lower right of the rewards page. Here's the link, but I'm not sure it will open unless you are logged into your account. https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.ban...&vid=CELEBRITY Good luck.

I went through the process from my regual BOA log-in. Able to continue through the entire process, and got confirmation for the transaction. I am interested to see what Celebrity / BOA come up with for the future.

does anyone here have a phone # to call for redeeming the BOA AMEX world points? (to get cash). My husband is not keen on the gift cards...we lose too much in the transfer of points.

Grace, forget trying to do it via phone. I was on the phone for over an hour the other day trying to do it.

However, if you follow the instructions I gave a few posts up, it worked like a charm. I ordered 2 OBC's from my DH BOA Amex account, and 1 from mine. I got email confirmations within minutes.

BTW, hope you guys are doing well. What cruise is up next for you? We'll be on Celebrity Eclipse in February, and then we're doing our first TA next October on LOTS.

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann...good to hear from you.

I could do the OBC option, but we want cash, not OBC's. That is the issue with the redeeming site. I get to the end and the screen says processing, but in the end it says the system can't process at this time.

Our future cruises: well, just waiting to see what family obligations arise, and we will have to just book last minute. We are thinking of B2B on either Solstice or Equinox, but have not made up our mind. (Caribbean, or Panama Canal). We loved our Royal Suite upgrade on the Summit, Canada/New E. in Sept. Now Tom says that he only wants one of those suites! ha...:D

Where did you find a phone # to call?

Hi Jo-Ann...good to hear from you.

I could do the OBC option, but we want cash, not OBC's. That is the issue with the redeeming site. I get to the end and the screen says processing, but in the end it says the system can't process at this time.

Our future cruises: well, just waiting to see what family obligations arise, and we will have to just book last minute. We are thinking of B2B on either Solstice or Equinox, but have not made up our mind. (Caribbean, or Panama Canal). We loved our Royal Suite upgrade on the Summit, Canada/New E. in Sept. Now Tom says that he only wants one of those suites! ha...:D

Where did you find a phone # to call?

Hi Grace,

I believe the type of OBC you receive from BofA is refundable OBC. So if you don't use it all on board, it is refunded to your credit card. That would basically make it the same as cash.

Hi Linda: well, we do not have a Celebrity cruise planned, so thus the cash reward. Previously, I had no trouble getting a check mailed to me.

Now looking at a last minute voyage, or even the train across Canada, or just a month rental somewhere warm. Just have to decide later.

Hope you are doing well, looks like you have a good cruise coming up on the Connie? We did that one a few years ago and it was really wonderful.

Hi Linda: well, we do not have a Celebrity cruise planned, so thus the cash reward. Previously, I had no trouble getting a check mailed to me.

Now looking at a last minute voyage, or even the train across Canada, or just a month rental somewhere warm. Just have to decide later.

Hope you are doing well, looks like you have a good cruise coming up on the Connie? We did that one a few years ago and it was really wonderful.

Hi Grace,

Yes, I've had a good cruising year! And we have an amazing group going on this Connie Sparkler cruise.

Will be heading for the warmth also when I get back from the Caribbean. First to North Carolina for Christmas and then to California and Arizona.

Good luck with BofA!! They are not my favorite folks.

Good morning all

For those of you who have the BofA Celebrity Visa Card, our card was to expire in !2/10, and when I saw the messages on the general board I called BofA and was issued a new card expireing in 2013, the only thing is the double points are gone, it is now one for one, and they are also no issuing any new cards but existing ones are fine according to the representatve I spoke to. I will probably put the upcoming cruise on and get our points and then turn them in for OBC and then switch to another card giving better rewards, like my chase disney. Unfortunate that this reward system is not being continued, I cannot believe it was not a popular card with Celebrity cruisers.

Hopefully, they will create their own points program and affinity credit card. Not a big fan of Worldpoints.... Just an FYI to anyone who may have a twitter account. I ran into an issue in advance of Equinox cruise this summer. Got the serious runaround trying to call BofA. I decided to tweet Bank of America at @BofA_Help. Had a call within 24 hours from someone who actually knew what was going on, and fixed things on the spot. Frustrating, but I guess given that I've been a BofA customer for over 15 years, and this was the first time I've had to call (or tweet) them for help, I'm pretty lucky. :D

I called BOA Customer Svc today using the phone # on the back of my credit card. The rep was knolwedgeable, polite and helpful.

Within 10 minutes she assisted me to apply for a $250 deposit into my checking account in exchange for the 25, 000 points in my BOA acct. I just had to give her the routing and acct numbers.

I did not request OBC as I'd rather have the cash and then decide where I want to spend it.

Sorry so many posters have had bad experiences with BOA.

I called BOA Customer Svc today using the phone # on the back of my credit card. The rep was knolwedgeable, polite and helpful.

Within 10 minutes she assisted me to apply for a $250 deposit into my checking account in exchange for the 25, 000 points in my BOA acct. I just had to give her the routing and acct numbers.

I did not request OBC as I'd rather have the cash and then decide where I want to spend it.

Sorry so many posters have had bad experiences with BOA.

Not much value but at least you got something.

I used this link last night that I obtained from another thread after doing a search and it worked.

I'm on your roll call. I just redeemed some points for OBC for my Solstice in October since I already have plenty for our Connie cruise. My BofA is Amex, and I found the OBC offers by clicking on the special offers section on the lower right of the rewards page. Here's the link, but I'm not sure it will open unless you are logged into your account. https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.ban...&vid=CELEBRITY Good luck.

Thanks, this link works just fine. The DW found the same link on the bank site, but it took lots of looking to find it. No you don't have to be already logged in, it will let you log in. I used it to issue OBC and then called the rewards desk at Royal (Celebrity) and had them applied.

Not much value but at least you got something.

You're right, but it's the standard reward - would have gotten $250 OBC had I opted for it.

Sure takes a lot of charges to get a small reward.

As you said - at least it's something.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't get the obc 's on the website no matter what I tried. Called Captain's Club and explained. Sharon worked with me and we redeemed and obc from my Celebrity VISA and an obc from my husband's regular Bank of America VISA. I just received the e-mail confirmations. It took quite a while but she was extremely helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I'm confused. We're leaving in a few weeks and figured it was time to redeem our points. We have about 35,000 points and it looks like we can get $350 in cash or OBC. I thought we got double rewards if we used OBC. Did I misunderstand the program?

j

OK - I'm confused. We're leaving in a few weeks and figured it was time to redeem our points. We have about 35,000 points and it looks like we can get $350 in cash or OBC. I thought we got double rewards if we used OBC. Did I misunderstand the program?

j

I think that you are a little confused. You get double points when you charge things "from" Celebrity, so every dollar you spend at say the grocery store gives you one point and every dollar spent charging a cruise or spent on board gives you two points. When you redeem the points, all the points count the same.

I think that you are a little confused. You get double points when you charge things "from" Celebrity, so every dollar you spend at say the grocery store gives you one point and every dollar spent charging a cruise or spent on board gives you two points. When you redeem the points, all the points count the same.

Thanks - it also looks like you get $1 reward per 100 points for 5,000 points or more when redeeming for OBC or other Celebrity things, but you have to redeem 25,000 points to get that value per point. Fewer points gets either $.50 or $.80 / 100 points.

j

Hi..here is a question I asked some time ago, but never got an answer. Let's suppose you have enough for 500 obc. If you go that route you get your credit and all is good. My question is if I have BOA send me a $500 check.....do I then get a 1099 at the end of the year from BOA therefore making that money taxable. I have called BOA with that question and ...you guessed it, they have no clue.

Thanks Bill

Hi Everyone !

I asked the question to Celebrity today. Here is their reply - I hope this helps :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, Celebrity Cruises has no plans to accept new applications for the Celebrity Rewards Visa credit card.

Celebrity Cruises and Bank of America continue to service existing Celebrity credit card accounts. For redemption and reward information, please visit www.bankofamerica.com/worldpoints and log in with your Celebrity Rewards account. Click on the Celebrity Cruises box on the bottom right of the page.

WorldPoints earned from the Celebrity Rewards Visa credit card continue to be non-transferable to the Royal Caribbean credit card.

The credit card program remains the same.

Thanks for that post Andy. Wonder if RCI will be next?

Hi..here is a question I asked some time ago, but never got an answer. Let's suppose you have enough for 500 obc. If you go that route you get your credit and all is good. My question is if I have BOA send me a $500 check.....do I then get a 1099 at the end of the year from BOA therefore making that money taxable. I have called BOA with that question and ...you guessed it, they have no clue.

Thanks Bill

First off, I'm not a book keeper. But, I believe that it would be like when your insurance refunds you money. It's considered a return of YOUR money and thus not taxable.

I am confused by some of these posts .. we'll be applying for certificates next week for our Equinox cruise--assuming the final payment points have been posted to our acct...

How much OBC per 500 points do you receive now? has that changed? Do you still get dbl points for charging things for Celebrity cruises like your final payment or items on bd the ship?

We also have about 5,000 points on our BOA Royal card but do not plan to cruise on Royal for awhile... can we get cash back for these points & future charges instead of cruise points???

I am confused by some of these posts .. we'll be applying for certificates next week for our Equinox cruise--assuming the final payment points have been posted to our acct...

How much OBC per 500 points do you receive now? has that changed? Do you still get dbl points for charging things for Celebrity cruises like your final payment or items on bd the ship?

We also have about 5,000 points on our BOA Royal card but do not plan to cruise on Royal for awhile... can we get cash back for these points & future charges instead of cruise points???

Not sure if you meant 5000 points for OBC. That is the minimum. They are still giving double points for now. You can get cash back, but at a lower rate than if you redeemed for OBC.

Archived