Crown Princess - How Many Per Table in MDR?

Wonders10

Hi everyone,

I'm traveling on Saturday with a large group of people. We have a 6pm dining time and there are 13 of us...will we all be able to fit at one table? or will they split us into 2 tables near each other? Just curious, it won't be a huge deal but the whole point was for us to have dinner together each night...

Agree.. 10 is largest I have seen. They will probably provide an 8 and a 6 near each other..
I agree. While they may be able to accommodate you at a very large table top, your waitstaff will still have to serve two or three other tables which puts a strain on them and would result in very slow service. In other words, it results in too many passengers for the waitstaff. This is why they will most likely seat you at two tables near each other.

Make sure all of your bookings are linked together which helps the Maitre d' when he is setting up the seating plans.

We had a table for 8 - late sitting 8.15pm,on Crown least year, Western Med and Brotish Isles, great dining partners, every night was fun. Largest tables I saw was for 10.

We always go for a table of 6 or 8. We like to mix and mingle.

Hi everyone,

there are 13 of us...will we all be able to fit at one table? or will they split us into 2 tables near each other?

Ten tops are the largest I've seen. The Maitre 'd should be able to figure out something. Link all your reservations together and the time you'd like to dine and go from there.

We had a table for 8 - late sitting 8.15pm,on Crown least year, Western Med and Brotish Isles, great dining partners, every night was fun. Largest tables I saw was for 10.

We always go for a table of 6 or 8. We like to mix and mingle.

Normally its just 2 of us so we just sit anywhere they put us as well, but we are a group of 13 so we want to mix and mingle with each other this time ;)

When we sailed in a group of 14 we had 2 tables next to each other in the Traditional dining room. We rotated where we sat each evening and that way were able to mingle with our travel companions. It worked well and was not a problem for our waiter and his assistant. if you have not been assigned tables together, speak to the Maitre D

We had something happen to us while cruising on the Crown Princess that we've never had occur on any other ship. We were traveling with another couple and had requested a table for four, but we were seated at a table for six along with two other couples. Eight dining at a table for six resulted in a crowded dining experience. Don't know why they did this. Although the two groups were from the same hometown and booked by the same TA, we were not traveling together, and our TA listed us as two separate groups. We assume it was just an honest mistake by Princess, but seating eight at a table for six is something I wouldn't tolerate again.

We had something happen to us while cruising on the Crown Princess that we've never had occur on any other ship. We were traveling with another couple and had requested a table for four, but we were seated at a table for six along with two other couples. Eight dining at a table for six resulted in a crowded dining experience. Don't know why they did this. Although the two groups were from the same hometown and booked by the same TA, we were not traveling together, and our TA listed us as two separate groups. We assume it was just an honest mistake by Princess, but seating eight at a table for six is something I wouldn't tolerate again.
I'm very sorry to hear this happened. While I understand it for the first night, the tables are really pedestals with different sized table tops so they could have switched out the table top very easily. No excuse for this unless it would make the spacing between tables was too narrow.

Archived