Missing passenger on sea princess

millie-may

Beware of cruises that start on 13th!

After the helicopter incident the other day we now have a lady missing overboard. Several announcements were made during the night (non of which I heard as I must have been sleeping soundly) looking for a lady who was missing.

The ship started circling and today we are still going round, with the help of a cargo ship and a search and rescue plane from Curacao. We are on a sea day, heading for Grand Turk.

The Captain is keeping us in the picture and we may have to miss Grank Turk.

We do not know any details about the passenger but nobody could have seen her go over as there has been a search of the ship made.

I will let you know if there is any news.

I was just talking with my daughter who is currently working on the ship.

She has heard that the woman jumped off the ship around 3 am. They have been searching but unable to find her.

Does not look like the ship will stop in Grand Turk tomorrow as planned.

Two happenings in just 5 days!!!

Very unforturnate and sad.

Here's the unfortunate statement from Princess Cruises:

"We regret to confirm that early this morning as Sea Princess was cruising in the Caribbean between Curacao and Grand Turk, a 50-year-old British female passenger went overboard.

"The ship was alerted by her husband, who had discovered her missing from their cabin, and our missing persons routine was immediately begun to account for all passengers onboard. A review of CCTV footage confirms that the passenger went over the side of the ship from a balcony cabin.

"The ship immediately turned around to search the location, while also alerting the Maritime Rescue Coordination Center in Curacao, who launched a search plane. The search is currently continuing.

"We have contacted the US FBI and the Bermuda Police Service, and we will cooperate fully into any investigation. We have also activated our Care Team.

"Sea Princess is currently on a two week cruise from Barbados. The ship was on the fifth day of the sailing, which is scheduled to conclude on December 27."

We are still searching the area with a plane. We are assuming that we will not be going to Grand Turk and the day after that is due to be a day at sea.

The helicopter incident was for a gentleman who was taken seriously ill and needed to be taken to the military hospital in Caracus.

This has certainly been an eventful cruise and our thoughts are with the families concerned.

I can only praise the efforts being made by the Captain and crew.

Hi Dan and All,

Very sad, must be more to this, hope that it does not affect the passengers on this cruise, missing a port is never good, but because some one jumped over board, is something they will never forget, and at this time of year, and her poor husband, wonder if Princess would offer him another cabin. We will most likely never know the reason what drove her to this, at least she will be at peace now. I assume it was not an accident.

yours Shogun

Millie-May and Caber,

Thank you for informing us here. What terrible news. How very sad for the lady's family. I hope it doesn't completely ruin your cruise, though the mood on the ship must be very low for both crew and passengers.

The mother of a friend of mine is aboard this cruise- and has been confined to her cabin with the person she is sharing with as they both have gone down with the Norovirus as have other passengers on board - I really do feel sorry for the staff and passengers on this cruise and wish them all well

The mother of a friend of mine is aboard this cruise- and has been confined to her cabin with the person she is sharing with as they both have gone down with the Norovirus as have other passengers on board - I really do feel sorry for the staff and passengers on this cruise and wish them all well

Oh no! That's all they need :eek:

The saying goes "everything happens in 3's" lets hope this is the end and the passengers can enjoy Christmas and the rest of the cruise.

How sad and a horrible experience--I'm sure someone is with the husband--even someone just met on this cruise--I'll be watching this thread until we hear something one way or the other..

I wish the best for all involved

Nancy:D

The ship is still searching. Unless I have missed an announcement we haven`t been given the information about Aruba as yet.

As expected, the `most travelled passenger lunch` was postponed until Monday, which is a formal night.

Just spoke to my daughter again. Many of the crew are tired.....it's been along day on the ship

Still no sign of the woman and the ship is still circling the area. First plane left from Curacao and another back to help search. Many passengers are at the railings trying to look also. The ship will remain there until it is dark.

It was just now announced on the ship that they will be going to Aruba in the morning.

No big problem at this point with Noro. Ship is on code yellow right now....which is a caution that there are a few with Noro

Archived