CAS Changes

thelion

[quote name='Debde']you better duck girl!!! Incoming!! :D
That is NOT the opinion you are allowed to have on this bb!!!;)
If you couldn't find a seat-it was your mind playing tricks on you!!!:p[/quote]

You are right, there is a little bit of "suite guests bashing" on this thread. I've been lucky. After the D/D+ changes we haven't experienced over crowding problems on the CL, but before, when D's were allowed on the CL it was impossible to find a seat.

[quote name='FLACRUISER99']How many D+ onboard? I find it hard to believe that there we no suite guest. The Concierge should have moved the cocktail hour to a larger venue. BTW on the 12/13 trip there were 82 D+ onboard and this was considered a large number!![/quote]

Of course there were other suite guests. I believe the sailing was mostly sold out. When the Concierge made the comment, it was based on the people in the CL at that time.

It doesn't take a very large number of people to fill up the CL. When you consider the number of passengers in suites, along with the number of D+ passengers, it's inevitable that overcrowding is going to occur.

[quote name='Host Kewlguy']
[COLOR=black]No, there was an overcrowding problem (according to you) on the two cruises you were on. That doesn't mean there's an overcrowding problem in every Concierge Lounge on all of Royal's ships. I've been in many Concierge Lounges since the September 2009 changes and there has never been an issue finding a place to sit. I'm also not sure where you took your drinks because you're not suppose to leave the Concierge Lounge with them.[/COLOR][/quote]

I didn't say there was an overcrowding problem on every ship. I can only speak of the sailings I have been on - just like you can only speak of the sailings you have been on. You didn't have a problem - that's great. But that doesn't mean we didn't have a problem, because we did. The last 2 sailings were the [U]biggest[/U] problems. There had been sporadic problems on sailings prior to that.

We took our drinks back to our cabin or to wherever we were planning to go after the CL. We left with our drinks after clearing it with the Concierge [U]because there was an overcrowding problem and there was no place for us to sit[/U].

[quote name='drarill']You are right, there is a little bit of "suite guests bashing" on this thread. I've been lucky. After the D/D+ changes we haven't experienced over crowding problems on the CL, but before, when D's were allowed on the CL it was impossible to find a seat.[/QUOTE]

Gee, was it impossible to find a seat when you were at the Diamond level???:rolleyes: Or did this happen once you became Diamond+??

[quote name='Debde']you better duck girl!!! Incoming!! :D
That is NOT the opinion you are allowed to have on this bb!!!;)
If you couldn't find a seat-it was your mind playing tricks on you!!!:p[/quote]

Thanks for the warning, but I've been here long enough to know there would be a backlash. That's okay. I think it's important for as many opinions and experiences to be posted as possible.

[quote name='beachbuddy']Gee, was it impossible to find a seat when you were at the Diamond level???:rolleyes: Or did this happen once you became Diamond+??[/quote]
First, I'm not a D+, we are D's under the actual system, but will get to D+ after our Jan. 2nd cruise. We earn our entry to the CL, paying for it, booking suites. Our experience on the CL, as suite and D guests before the changes was that it was impossible to find a seat. Lucky for us, if the CL is overcrowded we can pay for our own drinks;) Right now I'm counting the days to our next cruise, looking forward to our Crown Loft Suite on the Allure :)

[quote name='drarill']First, I'm not a D+, we are D's under the actual system, but will get to D+ after our Jan. 2nd cruise. We earn our entry to the CL, paying for it, booking suites. Our experience on the CL, as suite and D guests before the changes was that it was impossible to find a seat. Lucky for us, if the CL is overcrowded we can pay for our own drinks;) Right now I'm counting the days to our next cruise, looking forward to our Crown Loft Suite on the Allure :)[/QUOTE]

I am not sure I'd even want to leave that suite. I looks fabulous. have fun.

[quote name='drarill']First, I'm not a D+, we are D's under the actual system, but will get to D+ after our Jan. 2nd cruise. We earn our entry to the CL, paying for it, booking suites. Our experience on the CL, as suite and D guests before the changes was that it was impossible to find a seat. Lucky for us, if the CL is overcrowded we can pay for our own drinks;) Right now I'm counting the days to our next cruise, looking forward to our Crown Loft Suite on the Allure :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought you were D+. There are plenty of D+ers that probably didn't complain about overcrowding prior to them becoming D+ but now all I hear is "oh, things are better since the Diamonds were booted out of there". I don't want RCCL to boot the Diamond+ers out of the CL, but curious to see how they would feel being booted.

The funny thing is that me and DH don't even drink much. It just makes our cruises less fun because we do have a lot of D+ friends and now if they raise the bar we'll never be able to hang with them - atleast not for a very long time........LOL

[quote name='beachbuddy']Sorry, I thought you were D+. There are plenty of D+ers that probably didn't complain about overcrowding prior to them becoming D+ but now all I hear is "oh, things are better since the Diamonds were booted out of there". I don't want RCCL to boot the Diamond+ers out of the CL, but curious to see how they would feel being booted.

The funny thing is that me and DH don't even drink much. It just makes our cruises less fun because we do have a lot of D+ friends and now if they raise the bar we'll never be able to hang with them - atleast not for a very long time........LOL[/QUOTE]

While I was unhappy with the change, we actually didn't notice it because we were are already close to D+ and the last 4 cruise credits necessary to make the number were in suites. One cruise on Grandeur 10 day (where there is no CL, anyway). And one an inexpensive upgrade to a GS on Radiance.

We did take Tony's recommendation to heart, and did our best to get those last few credits over a year ago. We did enjoy the benefits on our recent transatlantic. :D

[quote name='beachbuddy']Sorry, I thought you were D+. There are plenty of D+ers that probably didn't complain about overcrowding prior to them becoming D+ but now all I hear is "oh, things are better since the Diamonds were booted out of there". I don't want RCCL to boot the Diamond+ers out of the CL, but curious to see how they would feel being booted.

The funny thing is that me and DH don't even drink much. It just makes our cruises less fun because we do have a lot of D+ friends and now if they raise the bar we'll never be able to hang with them - atleast not for a very long time........LOL[/quote]
No problem, I agree that if RCCL decides to boot the D+ a lot of people are going to be really upset. I think that RCCL wants to make it more difficult to get to D+. Many people were taking short cruises to get to that level really fast. Last year we cruised on the IOS. We received 3 CC for a 14 nights cruise. The same 3 CC that someone will get with 3 short cruises on an inside cabin. Under the new system I'll get 28 points/nights, while the person with the 3 short cruises will get 9 or 12.
The truth is that we don't use the CL a lot because we usually travel with friends, and we prefer to be with them. I usually ask the concierge to make reservations and appointments for us, and my husband likes to have a drink before diner. I hope that you can keep "hanging" with your friends on the CL.:)

On Radiance it's the hotel director that is responsible for opening the larger venue. It is implemented when the D+ count goes over 50 on that ship. There were less than that on my last cruise on the 16th and I was told the D+ count would only be in the teens for the following cruise. Right now there are only 14 D+ on Serenade.

On my B2B on SR in August the numbers were extremely low both weeks - suite and D+ - with seats available at all times. It was so quiet most of the time that we went up to the D event the second week - more people, more entertainment. :)

Gina

I forgot to mention that many of the D+ on Dec 16, including us, were in suites anyway. :rolleyes: It was crowded at times (with no overflow lounge) but fun.

Gina

I forgot to mention that many of the D+ on Dec 16, including us, were in suites anyway. :rolleyes: It was crowded at times (with no overflow lounge) but fun.

Gina

Gina.........have you noticed that come 5PM, the CL is crowded, with standing room only.

We enjoy our cabin, and reading until 6PM, when we head off to the CL, and find many seats, as the 6 PM dining has vacated the lounge.

We don't find very many that need to take up the lounge between 5 and 8:30 PM, except for a few that may be experiencing it for the first time.

And, unfortunately, there are a few that leave totally intoxicated, and we think that it's much harder for the concierge to cut someone off, than a bartender in another lounge.

On our upcoming Mariner cruise, the Hotel Director has already put aside the entire Viking Crown Lounge for D+ and suite guests, as the overflow lounge.........as there are so many that are returning for a reunion of the 46 night Around the Horn trip.

It will be, during that voyage, that, if what everyone is saying is true, that Royal Caribbean will announce their new Crown and Anchor tier program.

Hopefully, we will have the benefit of having a Loyalty Ambassador that will have received an e mail from Miami, with direct quotes for how the new program (if there is one) will work.

Meanwhile........everythng goes on as normal.

Our January 9th cruise will have one couple that will be celebrating their 200th cruise on RCCL, and we have friends that are also aboard that have over 250 cruises, and another at 210 cruises.

It's all about the fact that Royal Caribbean is leaving the West Coast, and this will be the final criuise from LA to LA. The next one goes to South America.

Now we join many others that have to fly to get to a port to cruise with RCCL.

The last two paragraphs are pure truth........no myth about that. Whatever RCCL decides to do with the C&A program......to me......is just myth........no proof, and I, for one, have heard so many stories, from officers and staff, and corporate......that have never come true......that the day that I believe all that is being talked about on this thread......will be the day that Royal Caribbean makes some kind of announcement.

We enjoy cruising for being on the water, being with friends, and relaxing from work.

As others have said........what will be will be!

Rick

I've got only a measly 17 cruise points but 90 sea-days to my credit, thanks to taking longer cruises. Last time there were changes, I was just about to make D+ when RCCL upped the ante for that level. Seems like the same thing is about to happen again! Darn it, I wish I liked carrots better!:)

What I'm really interested in knowing, though, is what (new?) perks will be for each level. Regardless of what they are, I'll appreciate whatever RCCL gives me for doing something I love - cruising!

I don't know why they picked the 12th of the month but maybe it will slip until Jan. 30.

From the sounds of it, after talking to the C&A rep at RCI on the phone, the immediate changes probably are not going to happen on that day. It may be the announcement, but as she heavily hinted, it would usually not happen in the middle of the week and in the middle of the month like that. As far as the sudden change like that with some loyals having no notice and being only a couple of days and one point away from your next tier cruise, she just said "call us"....and "we will work with you".

I forgot about the lead time last time the D perks were changed. It was about 8 to 10 weeks if my memory is correct -- if they give lead time for any possible changes next month, you should make D.

I sure hope so Sherri! :) Thanks for the glimmer of hope! :)

I even tried to make up that point by booking a B2B for my 1/7 cruise, but the 1/3 cruise was totally booked out. Weird thing is that my 1/7 cruise is almost empty. Go figure.... :eek:

If someone planned a cruise for a vacation, would they really cancel just because RCCL is changing the rules? Sure, the person was probably excited about this cruise getting them to a new level but to actully cancel it......not sure they would. They'd be upset just like us Diamonds were upset when we finally reached Diamond and the lounge was taken away from us.

I do believe that RCCL is going to have a problem transferring all the cruise credits to days at sea. They seem to have a problem even getting some of the cruise credits correct. I still say they need to take D and D+ status away from family members who only cruised once or twice.......that's definitely not fair!!!!

If they are changing things up then they should count days for everyone. Right now I'm sure there's some D+'ers that got there with 12 or 13 short cruises in suites which will give them less days at sea than what I presently have so it's not really a fair system. But what will be will be........I'm not going to worry about it.

I think RCI will grandfather folks at their current level.

From the sounds of it, after talking to the C&A rep at RCI on the phone, the immediate changes probably are not going to happen on that day. It may be the announcement, but as she heavily hinted, it would usually not happen in the middle of the week and in the middle of the month like that. As far as the sudden change like that with some loyals having no notice and being only a couple of days and one point away from your next tier cruise, she just said "call us"....and "we will work with you".
That's great!! I remember a significant lead time for the last big change and RCI modified the changes with the Diamond Event etc. during that period. Lots of folks contacted RCI after the initial email.

Actually, the first letter about changes went out on March 26 with an implementation date of July 1. After the protests, a follow-up letter was sent by RCI President Adam Goldstein on April 3 and implementation was delayed until Sept. 1.

No, there was an overcrowding problem (according to you) on the two cruises you were on. That doesn't mean there's an overcrowding problem in every Concierge Lounge on all of Royal's ships. I've been in many Concierge Lounges since the September 2009 changes and there has never been an issue finding a place to sit. I'm also not sure where you took your drinks because you're not suppose to leave the Concierge Lounge with them.

i

Exactly ! We were on the Dec 10th EOS sailing and never once in the 9 nites was the Concierage Lounge overcrowded. In fact .. emptier than many cruises we've been on in the past. It was delightful !

That's great!! I remember a significant lead time for the last big change and RCI modified the changes with the Diamond Event etc. during that period. Lots of folks contacted RCI after the initial email.

Actually, the first letter about changes went out on March 26 with an implementation date of July 1. After the protests, a follow-up letter was sent by RCI President Adam Goldstein on April 3 and implementation was delayed until Sept. 1.

There was enough time that we were able to book a future cruise and visit the CL for the first time before they kicked out the Diamonds (we had just made D). To those who say no one would book just for the lounge, that cruise was a case in point. We once booked the GS just to get the lounge. So obviously it's more important to some than others. I also know many of us have taken a cruise just to make one level or another, so their moving carrot seems to be a pretty good marketing ploy.

There was enough time that we were able to book a future cruise and visit the CL for the first time before they kicked out the Diamonds (we had just made D). To those who say no one would book just for the lounge, that cruise was a case in point. We once booked the GS just to get the lounge. So obviously it's more important to some than others. I also know many of us have taken a cruise just to make one level or another, so their moving carrot seems to be a pretty good marketing ploy.

But if what is said here is true, they've moved the carrot to far and won't be worth chasing anymore IMHO.

Guess we have to wait and see if it's true or not.

I find this very interesting and very upsetting at the same time. We will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas, on February 6th. We just worked our way up to 23 points from our sailing on the Serenade a week ago. We were so looking forward to reaching D+ on the Explorer. We did a Diamond Celebration on the Serenade and a cruise fairy phone call upgrade to a JS. We have 142 points by calculation plus an additional 7 points if they give us those credits for being in the JS. This means we won't make D+ on the Explorer or on the Liberty in October. It won't be until 2012 that we will make it to 175 - if that is the correct number.

My question is - if they are announcing this on January 12th, I believe that is the date or close to it, what are the chances that this will not go into effect for a month or so? All I need is until February 18th to get that last point (which will actually be 2) from our Explorer cruise and then I will be D+. Also, I just spoke with C & A who is mailing me out my block from the Jewel because that is where I hit "20" points. They just made that change in July and now they are re-vamping the entire system??? Oh boy...change is always a problem.

Has anyone else read "Who Moved My Cheese"? We had to read it at work when the entire Welfare System (that is where I work) changed to a team effort and the type of work we did totally changed. So, Who Moved My Cheese Again just as I was going to grab it and take a bite???

Darlene

I find this very interesting and very upsetting at the same time. We will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas, on February 6th. We just worked our way up to 23 points from our sailing on the Serenade a week ago...

My question is - if they are announcing this on January 12th, I believe that is the date or close to it, what are the chances that this will not go into effect for a month or so? All I need is until February 18th to get that last point (which will actually be 2) from our Explorer cruise and then I will be D+...

Darlene

I don't think anybody here KNOWS the answer. so far, this is all rumor. Interesting rumor, but still...

The rumored date is Jan 12, so we will all know soon if rumor was correct.

It will work for us! We've got #9 booked in February. So long as there is lead time we will be hopping on Monarch for a three-nighter before the implementation date. I'm glad to hear that they gave lead time before the last big shake up, I'm hoping that they do the same this time.

I find this very interesting and very upsetting at the same time. We will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas, on February 6th. We just worked our way up to 23 points from our sailing on the Serenade a week ago. We were so looking forward to reaching D+ on the Explorer. We did a Diamond Celebration on the Serenade and a cruise fairy phone call upgrade to a JS. We have 142 points by calculation plus an additional 7 points if they give us those credits for being in the JS. This means we won't make D+ on the Explorer or on the Liberty in October. It won't be until 2012 that we will make it to 175 - if that is the correct number.

My question is - if they are announcing this on January 12th, I believe that is the date or close to it, what are the chances that this will not go into effect for a month or so? All I need is until February 18th to get that last point (which will actually be 2) from our Explorer cruise and then I will be D+. Also, I just spoke with C & A who is mailing me out my block from the Jewel because that is where I hit "20" points. They just made that change in July and now they are re-vamping the entire system??? Oh boy...change is always a problem.

Has anyone else read "Who Moved My Cheese"? We had to read it at work when the entire Welfare System (that is where I work) changed to a team effort and the type of work we did totally changed. So, Who Moved My Cheese Again just as I was going to grab it and take a bite???

Darlene

Don't quote me, as I have no inside knowledge......but just what my gut tells me........you will be fine, and will have made D+ before they implement the new program......if, in fact, there is one!

keep enjoying the type of vacations that you really enjoy. That is what we do, and love to be on the water.........so cruising is very close to our heart.;)

Rick

Darlene

Had to read it at work also. Soon after, I took an early retirement:D If I remember the book correctly, you should be looking for "new cheese" and not worrying about who moved your cheese. Hmmmm, does this mean to look at other cruise lines?

Archived