CAS Changes

thelion

Ellen, you are saying that passengers at certain tiers, will be grandfathered into that tier, if I understand you correctly.

While a few of us would not like to see that (only because with 25 more nights of cruising, which is actually 12, as we normally stay in a suite) we would become Pinnacle, and get a free cruise.:D We would like that, as we just received one in November for hitting our 100th cruise.:)

As it stands with Royal Caribbean, a passenger receives a free cruise when they have reached the 100 CC level, another at 150 cruises, then is bumped up to a JS free cruise starting at 200 CC's, and that continues for every 50 CC earned.

If the new system comes about and Royal is maybe working on the assumption that a cruise is 7.5 nights, hence reaching 100 cruises at 7.5 nights average per cruise equals 750 nights.

So for every 50 CC earned, you could cruise free every 75 nights, if my calculations are correct. However, if you cruise in a suite, you only need to cruise for 37.5 nights, or you would only have to cruise on 6 7 night cruises to get another free cruise. Somehow that does not seem fair to me, for Royal Caribbean.

I must say, that whatever happens, it's been great reading, and many of you have obviously put a lot of thought into what is right and what is wrong with the new system vs the old.;)

Rick

Thank you for supporting the D's when they got the Ax. Unfortunately, not enough did. But precisely because they did not grandfather the Diamonds then is why I think they should not grandfather now. By grandfathering, many D's and D+ will not have earned their status the way others will have to. Doesn't seem equitable. But I am not complaining, I will be D under either system, not much will change for us.

D+ bashing sure seems like an odd topic for conversation while on vacation (or anytime for that matter). Guess when we are in the Diamond lounge we are too busy having fun to be talking about others.

It WAS really funny though. And this group was one of the most fun we ever met, that's why we went back night after night. :p It was a good natured bashing - we could take it. Some of it was actually true (in some cases)>

Gina

It WAS really funny though. And this group was one of the most fun we ever met, that's why we went back night after night. :p It was a good natured bashing - we could take it. Some of it was actually true (in some cases)>

Gina

It is all about having fun and relaxing so it sounds like they provided good entertainment!

Well if nothing else this board has sparked lots of interest.

If I were to look for a flaw in what’s proposed it would be in the separation between D+ and Pinnacle.. Pinnacle would be unattainable to most, But maybe that’s the plan. The number of pinnacle would be so small when spread over the rcl fleet that I would think most cruise’s you would never have even one on board.. So how would that be a factor in who would be allowed in the CL..

I am one that does not cruise rcl for what they can do for me. I cruise because they are my line of choice, When first we started with them we had no idea of C&A but just liked the in-between. Lines like Carnival or Seaborne are to extreme for us,, One is to young and the other to old, The people..

Some are saying they will jump ship.????? I really don’t understand that thought, but I will respect it..

We also cruise other lines like Celebrity and Princess when the itinerary dictates..

We just love to cruise and will continue no matter what the perks..

Looking forward to meeting many of you on future cruises.

Well if nothing else this board has sparked lots of interest.

If I were to look for a flaw in what’s proposed it would be in the separation between D+ and Pinnacle.. Pinnacle would be unattainable to most, But maybe that’s the plan. The number of pinnacle would be so small when spread over the rcl fleet that I would think most cruise’s you would never have even one on board.. So how would that be a factor in who would be allowed in the CL..

I am one that does not cruise rcl for what they can do for me. I cruise because they are my line of choice, When first we started with them we had no idea of C&A but just liked the in-between. Lines like Carnival or Seaborne are to extreme for us,, One is to young and the other to old, The people..

Some are saying they will jump ship.????? I really don’t understand that thought, but I will respect it..

We also cruise other lines like Celebrity and Princess when the itinerary dictates..

We just love to cruise and will continue no matter what the perks..

Looking forward to meeting many of you on future cruises.

There may be more Pinnacle eligibles than you think. On our September Mariner cruise, there were 4 couples with 100+ cruises onboard, and the Pinnacle tier seems to most closely match with those having 100 or more cruises. Currently, there are just over 100 households with 100 cruise credits. C&A has been promising a "Century Plus"-type tier for a long time now (I can recall discussion about this back in 2007). Since this would be a new tier level, no one is losing anything.

There may be more Pinnacle eligibles than you think. On our September Mariner cruise, there were 4 couples with 100+ cruises onboard, and the Pinnacle tier seems to most closely match with those having 100 or more cruises. Currently, there are just over 100 households with 100 cruise credits. C&A has been promising a "Century Plus"-type tier for a long time now (I can recall discussion about this back in 2007). Since this would be a new tier level, no one is losing anything.

Hi Karen - - Merry Christmas.................

Did Linda and Dennis enjoy the Big O? I bet they did!

Warm wishes to Pete...............

g

My estimate had been 50 to 100, Karen, so I'm in the right ballpark!

But if you spread that over the fleet and over the year, it will still be rare to find a Pinnacle passenger on your cruise. It's not really going to affect anyone or anything.

There are less than 110 either singles (like Super Mario, and Claude) or families that have over 100 cruises with Royal Caribbean, out of 6.5 million Crown and Anchor members.

And Karen is correct in saying that for sometime, Royal Caribbean has been planning a new tier that would be based on cruisers that have over 100 cruises.

Bobbie just counted hers, as she has more than I do, and she is exactly at 750 cruises. I guess that I'm lucky to live in the same household!!:D

The question of how Royal Caribbean will determine at what point in the day system that they will give out free cruises shall be interesting.

When Karen and Pete complete their January 9th cruise they will become either the 9th or 10th member (or family) to reach the goal of 200 cruises.

Rick

There are less than 110 either singles (like Super Mario, and Claude) or families that have over 100 cruises with Royal Caribbean, out of 6.5 million Crown and Anchor members.

And Karen is correct in saying that for sometime, Royal Caribbean has been planning a new tier that would be based on cruisers that have over 100 cruises.

Bobbie just counted hers, as she has more than I do, and she is exactly at 750 cruises. I guess that I'm lucky to live in the same household!!:D

The question of how Royal Caribbean will determine at what point in the day system that they will give out free cruises shall be interesting.

When Karen and Pete complete their January 9th cruise they will become either the 9th or 10th member (or family) to reach the goal of 200 cruises.

Rick

Last Dec on FOS at the past guest cocktail party, RCL recognized one individual with a beautiful sculpture (and I think engraved) for completing I believe 94 cruises. Then they honored a couple with a similar gift who had 80 something cruises. The crowd was astounded that they both had so many cruises in general and that these individuals had that type of loyalty to one cruise line.

Does "Bobbie" really have 750 cruises or this a typo or just pulling our legs?

Our puny 12 cruises on four different cruise lines doesn't feel like such an accomplishment after all!

Hi Karen - - Merry Christmas.................

Did Linda and Dennis enjoy the Big O? I bet they did!

Warm wishes to Pete...............

g

Thanks, Glenn, and the same to you and Angie. Linda and Dennis had a great time on Oasis, but I've never seen them NOT have a good time.:D They were fortunate to attend the Allure pre-inaugural and inaugural festivities.

My estimate had been 50 to 100, Karen, so I'm in the right ballpark!

But if you spread that over the fleet and over the year, it will still be rare to find a Pinnacle passenger on your cruise. It's not really going to affect anyone or anything.

You made the point more succinctly than I could, Carol, thanks.

According to Crown & Anchor, Pete and I will be #8 to reach 200 cruises on our January 9 cruise.

there are less than 110 either singles (like super mario, and claude) or families that have over 100 cruises with royal caribbean, out of 6.5 million crown and anchor members.

And karen is correct in saying that for sometime, royal caribbean has been planning a new tier that would be based on cruisers that have over 100 cruises.

Bobbie just counted hers, as she has more than i do, and she is exactly at 750 cruises (nights). I guess that i'm lucky to live in the same household!!:d

the question of how royal caribbean will determine at what point in the day system that they will give out free cruises shall be interesting.

When karen and pete complete their january 9th cruise they will become either the 9th or 10th member (or family) to reach the goal of 200 cruises.

Rick

:) :) :)

I am just a lowly diamond, that said, I had two long cruises back before they instituted the current system, where I had a 16 day and a 12 day cruise and they only counted as a single point. So, now will they count as 28 combined?

I still don't know why we don't just wait patiently until the unveiling (if it occurs) rather than these constant surmize sessions. There are surely some more interesting things happening in the world?:D

jc

That's too easy JC. I still can't wait to hear all of the foot stomping and shouts of people stating that they're leaving RCI for good over the changes if and when they do happen. It will be fun to watch.

Have fun on your upcoming cruise. Sounds like a good one.

Last Dec on FOS at the past guest cocktail party, RCL recognized one individual with a beautiful sculpture (and I think engraved) for completing I believe 94 cruises. Then they honored a couple with a similar gift who had 80 something cruises. The crowd was astounded that they both had so many cruises in general and that these individuals had that type of loyalty to one cruise line.

Does "Bobbie" really have 750 cruises or this a typo or just pulling our legs?

Our puny 12 cruises on four different cruise lines doesn't feel like such an accomplishment after all!

Sorry.......a typo......it's cruising days! Thanks for the catch!

Rick

To be invited to be Pinnacle if one has just 100 cruise credits seems overly generous considering Pinnacle is supposed to be 750 days. :eek:

And what will happen to the crystal blocks for every 10th cruise credit? What about the free cruise for the 100th cruise credit? Will that now be offered after 750 days? Will those who are invited to be pinnacle with 100 cruise credits be offered the free cruise again when they reach 750 days?

It sounds like a lot of people are going to get hit again.

I would suggest everyone print out a full copy of their current cruise credits so when C&A botches the conversion and shorts us our days, we will have an easy to see record of our cruises.

Gina

Great advice. Just printed, thanks. Not that we don't trust them, but have had wars with them before over this same said list.

can't believe i read this whole thread!!! I kept looking for any discussion of any perks between d+ and pinnacle. As a d++ i really enjoy the second bottle of wine we started getting at 50 cc. I bet there will be some tweener perks for those significantly over d+ but still far, far short of pinnacle. I must say this thread made me go back and count days. 57 cc, 39 cruises, 338 days. That comes to an average of 8.66 days per cruise. I must say i'm ready for something to be done. There is a totally immature and irrational part of me that feels cheated by the florida folks who can jump on a three day cruise and rack up cruise credits so quickly. I know . . . Those are (maybe were) the rules but . . . There is a certain lack of equity particularly when they can jump so quickly to the head of the pecking order for d+ upgrades.

thank you - i couldn't have said it better. :d

I'm having some Y2K flashbacks now!

You mean we are all worried over nothing? It will be a smooth transition?

FYI, I had 2 VCRs that weren't Y2K ready and proscan never could solve the problem.

Maybe RCI is better equipped to deal with the change. :rolleyes: Probably. We hope.

Gina

Thanks, Glenn, and the same to you and Angie. Linda and Dennis had a great time on Oasis, but I've never seen them NOT have a good time.:D They were fortunate to attend the Allure pre-inaugural and inaugural festivities.

You made the point more succinctly than I could, Carol, thanks.

According to Crown & Anchor, Pete and I will be #8 to reach 200 cruises on our January 9 cruise.

Karen, I am surprised you and Pete are home....glad to see your post so Bill and I can wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Bill and I had a blast with you 2 and Linda and Dennis on the Oasis and dinner was the best in the Solarium Bistro.....Have fun on the 9th and Congrats for hitting # 200. We are slumming it in Jan. on the Carnival Paridise....3 day weekend....but it is an Anaheim Angel fan Cruise so should be fun. I think we are doing the Repo Radiance in May so maybe we will see you on that.

Tell Linda ( Nancy ) and Dennis that we said hi. Thanks again for all of the fun and Wine and Champange.....that just made the Oasis that much more SPECIAL!

Mike and Bill

So.... how was that cruise that many of us took on 05-Nov 1970? :rolleyes::D I don't seem to recall it...but I do have one listed in my history. I guessed it was for a Viking Serenade cruise, which is missing. So I didn't even include it in my counting. :)

Your calculations are spot on Ellen! Adding up our nights and dividing by 7 gives us the exact same number of credits that we presently have. And that includes a mix of longer, and some 7 nights, and a couple of short ones. :)

Fun to talk about, but it's one of those things that we have no real control over. And we will be fine under either system. :)

Sorry.......a typo......it's cruising days! Thanks for the catch!

Rick

Doesn't matter: it still equates to over two years on cruise ships!!!!!! I sure that there have been lots of posts about this much cruising time. But, has Bobbie and/or yourself ever put together a helpful lists of do/don't or sage advise?

Even a top ten list would be great.

Actually, what I mean is that there are a lot of people getting concerned/worried/generally-worked-up over what may or may not be anything. I was referring to the hooplah, if you will.

Oh, and FYI, it was meant to be a lighthearted comment.

Me, too.

In fact I know someone who was so worried about Y2K, they hoarded H2O in their attic, forgot about it, and it began leaking and damaged their ceiling.

Have faith...as one Capt. told us in Alaska. We did, and had sunny skies in every port. :)

Everyone was panicked about last June's changes, too, which turned out to be better for everyone.

Gina

So.... how was that cruise that many of us took on 05-Nov 1970? :rolleyes::D I don't seem to recall it...but I do have one listed in my history. I guessed it was for a Viking Serenade cruise, which is missing. So I didn't even include it in my counting. :)

Your calculations are spot on Ellen! Adding up our nights and dividing by 7 gives us the exact same number of credits that we presently have. And that includes a mix of longer, and some 7 nights, and a couple of short ones. :)

Fun to talk about, but it's one of those things that we have no real control over. And we will be fine under either system. :)

This one was a popular one huh? :p Seems to have taken the place of a 14 Nighter I took about a decade later.... One credit? Should have been 2 for the number of nights, right? Good thing I still have the original manifest from that sailing....

Guest Name Date Of Departure Ship Name Itinerary/Comments Credit Value

KENNETH ROBERTS 05-Nov-1970 1

Archived