CAS Changes

thelion

Actually, I started counting last year when we started discussing they MIGHT count total nights. It was an effort, because we had to go back 37 years and remember the number of nights on each cruise. Luckily, we only did 7 or 14 night cruises way back, and the 14 nighters were few. DH seems to have packratted a lot of pics, passenger rosters, and has all our seapass cards, and I started keeping records when we joined C&A, so we managed to get an accurate count.

We are D+ both in the old and new system: 33 cruise credits and 250 nights. I told DH if it took us 38 years to get 250, then we would be 138 / 139 years old when we get to Pinnacle! LMAO :D

Maybe they mean "pinniped"?!?!?!??! ;)

pier39_20.jpg

Maybe they mean "pinniped"?!?!?!??! ;)

pier39_20.jpg

Ok, I think I know this place, (other than the CL lounge :D ) Is this SF harbor?

On many of my business wine trips, we would walk down to the harbor to see these

"lounge lizards"....they seem to have no stress!! :D

Ok, I think I know this place, (other than the CL lounge :D ) Is this SF harbor?

On many of my business wine trips, we would walk down to the harbor to see these

"lounge lizards"....they seem to have no stress!! :D

business wine trips, eh?

It is all beginning to look a lot clearer, island lady!

;) :p :D

business wine trips, eh?

It is all beginning to look a lot clearer, island lady!

;) :p :D

Ahh...but I miss those days. :D

I am have now recently retired, but my wine cellar is seriously depleted from all those wonderful free samples that used to grace their shelves. :eek: ;)

Ahh...but I miss those days. :D

I am have now recently retired, but my wine cellar is seriously depleted from all those wonderful free samples that used to grace their shelves. :eek: ;)

and I loved when we would get together and I'd get some of those samples from you:D:D Yea,the good ole days..:)

and I loved when we would get together and I'd get some of those samples from you:D:D Yea,the good ole days..:)

Yup, those free samples were just spilling out of the back of my Jeep...sigh...yes and indeed those good "ole days". :D

But then again, I had limited time to cruise when I was the "wine rep in demand"!!! :eek:

Now....no free wine...but lots of time to cruise...be it "land yacht"...or depending on the ships captain to "steer the course" ;)

One more thing.......if cruiser F was as rich as cruiser P,he/she/it would had gladly gone on those really nice cruises.......:p

BTW-this thread made me count...........I have 225 nights at sea..:)

Who else counted cuz of this thread??:p

Me...:D but I'm still confused...each night is 1 credit unless you are in a JS or higher..then it's 2 credits/nights? If so I have 97 nights...which under the new system is Diamond...and NOT the D+ I am now...sure hope they do grandfather us in...

Me...:D but I'm still confused...each night is 1 credit unless you are in a JS or higher..then it's 2 credits/nights? If so I have 97 nights...which under the new system is Diamond...and NOT the D+ I am now...sure hope they do grandfather us in...

Yes. :)

According to thelion, you will be D+ still.

It's interesting, since there will be a LOT of people like you who will stay D+, thus the crowding problems will NOT be going away.

(how many cruise credits do you have?)

When January 12th rolls around, we will have 114 cruise credits, and 725 nights.

So, whether we are grandfathered in, or stay at the D+ level, we will reach 750 sometime in the summer of '11.

I have to quit for a period of time to get some surgerys out of the way.

There are probably somewhere between 50 and 60 passengers, some are couples that have a total of 750 cruise nights with Royal Caribbean.

If they grandfather everyone with 100 cruise credits (and we have received Pinnacles for our 100th cruise......which makes the new name interesting the number will raise to about 110).

I'll wait for the official announcement. There have been too many rumors in the past, that have not come true, and even tho some think that they have an inside connection........and I'm sure that some do, it will be interesting to see what happens on January 12th. Whatever happens, we will hear about it when we are aboard the Mariner of the Seas, saying good bye to yet another Royal Caribbean ship, leaving the West Coast.:(

Rick

I'll see ya on 1/12/11, then :)

For the record, though, it is COMMON SENSE that RCI would prefer guests to book through them. Profit, baby, profit. They aren't getting rid of TA's but just take a look at recent policy changes.

No, TA's are a sales force and a reason for their "profit, baby, Profit.

I made a call to someone in the know and her response was that this thread was nothing but hogwash and unproven rumor with absolutely no basis in fact. She also said to ask the poster to PROVE it and that "because I said so" has zero basis in reality.

I am sure that they want Pinnacle to have at most 50-100 people in it initially.

When January 12th rolls around, we will have 114 cruise credits, and 725 nights.

So, whether we are grandfathered in, or stay at the D+ level, we will reach 750 sometime in the summer of '11.

There are probably somewhere between 50 and 60 passengers, some are couples that have a total of 750 cruise nights with Royal Caribbean.

If they grandfather everyone with 100 cruise credits (and we have received Pinnacles for our 100th cruise......which makes the new name interesting the number will raise to about 110).

I'll wait for the official announcement. There have been too many rumors in the past, that have not come true, and even tho some think that they have an inside connection........and I'm sure that some do, it will be interesting to see what happens on January 12th. Whatever happens, we will hear about it when we are aboard the Mariner of the Seas, saying good bye to yet another Royal Caribbean ship, leaving the West Coast.:(

Rick

Oh, I am GOOD!!!!!! ;)

I made a call to someone in the know and her response was that this thread was nothing but hogwash and unproven rumor with absolutely no basis in fact. She also said to ask the poster to PROVE it and that "because I said so" has zero basis in reality.

Yes, but even if she does *not* have inside information, and it does *not* come to pass, this has been an interesting discussion, don't you agree? ;)

Oh, I am GOOD!!!!!! ;)

Carol, when Bobbie reached the 100 CC mark, she was either the 100th or 101st passenger to achieve that mark. Nice that since we share the same address that I get the same number of cruises. Without her, I just reached 100. And Royal Caribbean won't give us each a free cruise!:D

As I mentioned, some are couples.

Rick

Yes, but even if she does *not* have inside information, and it does *not* come to pass, this has been an interesting discussion, don't you agree? ;)

For me, this discussion has made me nervous and anxious. I don't know if folks are just joking around or if they are dead serious. Notions such as adding ruby or sapphire levels and pinnacle levels--all that just makes me anxious.

Cruise with me! Roommates with (D+) benefits! ;)

Not necessarily, did liberty in October with my sis and mom, their first RCL cruise

Was pretty much ignored, no captain invite to returning cruisers, no invite to diamond, plat, D+ event, no C&A gift

Under this new system I would have 121 days, currently a diamond with 20 credits. Most cruises were longer itineraries, 2 in suites

Rick

Rick....wishing you the best! :D

Not necessarily, did liberty in October with my sis and mom, their first RCL cruise

Was pretty much ignored, no captain invite to returning cruisers, no invite to diamond, plat, D+ event, no C&A gift

Under this new system I would have 121 days, currently a diamond with 20 credits. Most cruises were longer itineraries, 2 in suites

Well, there is no C&A gift anymore for anyone, so you didn't miss anything there.

When you didn't get any invitations, did you go see the Loyalty Ambassador? They have been known to make mistakes and leave people off lists.

Did you get the Diamond coupon book?

Was this the special short October cruise on Liberty? If so, they may not have had some of the special C&A events.

RCI makes more in profit when guests book directly with them. Why, oh why, do you think they just doubled the number of Certified Vacation Planners at their Oregon (soon to be the primary RCI branch) offices?:rolleyes:

As for my information, I have no fear. It is accurate as will be shown when it all comes out "officially." :D

As for proving it, my only way to do so would be to request proprietary documentation and post it online. Not only would that get my source fired, but I could end up in some trouble with my company as well. Not.gonna.happen. You will just have to wait and apologize on 1/12 :D

From this above, I would say that they better be REALLY enhancing the D+ tier because there is a 575 point difference between the D+ & Pinnacle

I can also venture to say that if the CL is taken away from D+ - we will have the April 2009 Diamond Disaster x 5

Actually it won't be the same. The D+ will still have the Diamond Lounge and Diamond events. There are far fewer D+ than Diamonds so it wouldn't be times five, it would be negligible. Besides, so many of the D+ then didn't stand up for the Diamonds and some were glad the D's could no longer use the CL. So the D+ affected won't have much support in the lower tiers.

No matter what date they used, people will say that.

I am sorry that it is affecting you, but it will always affect the same number of passengers, roughly, whatever date is chosen.

This is true but I think they should announce it and then give a date that's in the future like they did with some of their other changes. I mean they haven't even announced anything yet so I can see her point. We're just "D" and by the looks of the changes, it may be a long long time before we become D+. We have done mostly long cruises (7 nights being the least) so I'll have to sit and figure out how many nights we have so far.

Archived