CAS Changes

thelion

OK, I have 3 points and 15 nights. In Feb 2011 I will have a 12 night cruise. Under the old rules I would go up to Plat. at the end of that cruise. But Jan 12 is before Feb., so will I get grandfathered and be Plat. or will I still be Gold?

Don't know at this point. The announcement will be on Jan 12. The implementation day may not be for awhile. I'm thinking July.

Well, I have yet another thread on this. It seems that the rules, they are a-changing.

They are adding more tiers, moving to a day-based system rather than a credit based system. No one is losing a level (so, if you are Diamond now, but would not qualify as Diamond under the new system you keep Diamond status but cannot move up to D+ until you qualify under the new system). They are adding amenities, added new rewards for referring a friend.

There is no buy-up option. No one is losing a level although for many it may be more difficult to advance to the next level.

Look for changes January 12, 2011! Look for the press release sooner. I love knowing folks in Loyalty. The new colors are pretty :)

Got my fingers crossed that these are just more rumors. :mad:

Just curious if one will be given credit for cruises that were extended by weather. During a cruise in 2005, our Rhapsody 7-night cruise turned into a 10-nighter. Since it was also a JS, should I (and RCI) count that as 14 nights or 20 nights?

(I count 144 or 150 days at sea total, either way).

If what I read comes true, as a D+ now, I will stay at that level and really don't have to worry about those 6 cc's or attaining 175 nights. And, I can forget about ever reaching the Pinnacle level at 750 points. I can't conceive I would live long enough to ever get there.

Just curious if one will be given credit for cruises that were extended by weather. During a cruise in 2005, our Rhapsody 7-night cruise turned into a 10-nighter. Since it was also a JS, should I (and RCI) count that as 14 nights or 20 nights?

(I count 144 or 150 days at sea total, either way).

If what I read comes true, as a D+ now, I will stay at that level and really don't have to worry about those 6 cc's or attaining 175 nights. And, I can forget about ever reaching the Pinnacle level at 750 points. I can't conceive I would live long enough to ever get there.

If what is being proposed here on this thread comes to life next year, we will be closer to D+ under the new system than we currently are. So we don't need to be grandfathered we are and will be Diamond. It will not take more than a few cruises to become D+ under either system.

I can't understand the grandfathering myself. Why? I know some Royal spokeswoman said back in June that if they changed the tiers there would be grandfathering. I just don't think it makes sense. If overcrowding in the lounge is the problem, why grandfather? Unless of course like I think they will do, the plan is to only let suite guests and Pinnacle guests use the CL.

But like you, most of us would never make Pinnacle level so why even think about it? For me it just won't exist. As for D+, there isn't much difference between that and D now, and I don't think that will change much. All this isn't a really big deal, it just seems like they are finally giving the credits out more equitably.

WOW, just read all 180 posts......Like most posters have stated...wait until 1/12/2011....and see what happens....all that are calculating CC and nights make no differance to RCI. I am just wondering if this was a thread was srarted to get the input from the CC members..kind of a plant story....they get back to the office on Monday to see the feedback. The only reason i can see RCI changing policy is that as we all cruise more and more....they need to limit how many of thier loyal cruisers get to the highest level. Yes, we take advantage of the CL....Drink like sailors...cheap booze though :( but enjoy the company of seasoned cruisers. We cruise with SUPER CRUISERS...those 200 CC cruisers...and actually they really do not get much more then those of us at 24 CC....but they do get the perks once on board. They pay the same price as us....but they do get the upgrades if available..and they always get the flowers, champange and recogniztion of being the Super Cruiser. The one issue I have and have had is the " Giving the same CC to the same people at the same address...meaning if a Mother is giving birth tonight...she is D+....guess what...that child is D+ along with the father of the baby she just married a year ago and he too has never cruised in his life"....this to me is soooo UNFAIR.

RCI...think long and hard about what you will be announcing here in the next few weeks and make the correct desicion for both the Company and for the people who enjoy your product...and remember...we also are the one who drum up business for you by talking to friends and neighbors who encourage to sail RCI.

Mike

MERRY CHRISTMAS....I THINK SANTA IS ON HIS WAY TO VISIT US TONIGHT......

If what is being proposed here on this thread comes to life next year, we will be closer to D+ under the new system than we currently are. So we don't need to be grandfathered we are and will be Diamond. It will not take more than a few cruises to become D+ under either system.

I can't understand the grandfathering myself. Why? I know some Royal spokeswoman said back in June that if they changed the tiers there would be grandfathering. I just don't think it makes sense. If overcrowding in the lounge is the problem, why grandfather? Unless of course like I think they will do, the plan is to only let suite guests and Pinnacle guests use the CL.

But like you, most of us would never make Pinnacle level so why even think about it? For me it just won't exist. As for D+, there isn't much difference between that and D now, and I don't think that will change much. All this isn't a really big deal, it just seems like they are finally giving the credits out more equitably.

I actually agree with you!!!!! ;) :D

Well, I have yet another thread on this. It seems that the rules, they are a-changing.

They are adding more tiers, moving to a day-based system rather than a credit based system. No one is losing a level (so, if you are Diamond now, but would not qualify as Diamond under the new system you keep Diamond status but cannot move up to D+ until you qualify under the new system). They are adding amenities, added new rewards for referring a friend.

There is no buy-up option. No one is losing a level although for many it may be more difficult to advance to the next level.

Look for changes January 12, 2011! Look for the press release sooner. I love knowing folks in Loyalty. The new colors are pretty :)

WOW, just read all 180 posts......Like most posters have stated...wait until 1/12/2011....and see what happens....all that are calculating CC and nights make no differance to RCI. I am just wondering if this was a thread was srarted to get the input from the CC members..kind of a plant story....they get back to the office on Monday to see the feedback. The only reason i can see RCI changing policy is that as we all cruise more and more....they need to limit how many of thier loyal cruisers get to the highest level. Yes, we take advantage of the CL....Drink like sailors...cheap booze though :( but enjoy the company of seasoned cruisers. We cruise with SUPER CRUISERS...those 200 CC cruisers...and actually they really do not get much more then those of us at 24 CC....but they do get the perks once on board. They pay the same price as us....but they do get the upgrades if available..and they always get the flowers, champange and recogniztion of being the Super Cruiser. The one issue I have and have had is the " Giving the same CC to the same people at the same address...meaning if a Mother is giving birth tonight...she is D+....guess what...that child is D+ along with the father of the baby she just married a year ago and he too has never cruised in his life"....this to me is soooo UNFAIR.

RCI...think long and hard about what you will be announcing here in the next few weeks and make the correct desicion for both the Company and for the people who enjoy your product...and remember...we also are the one who drum up business for you by talking to friends and neighbors who encourage to sail RCI.

Mike

MERRY CHRISTMAS....I THINK SANTA IS ON HIS WAY TO VISIT US TONIGHT......

Well, Mike, if thelion is correct, you will be getting your wish!

Don't quote me on this, because I am not positive, but I BELIEVE the tiers are

Gold = up to 29 nights

Platinum = 30 - 49 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Diamond = 75 - 174 nights

Diamond + = 175 nights (roughly 25 7nt sailings)

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

I know it is a HUGE leap between Diamond and Diamond + and Diamond + and Pinnacle. I know they are also making some changes on balcony discounts, which levels get them and how much they are (again....)

I haven't heard anything about CL access.

I did a quick (and most like inaccurate, since I majored in Italian, not math) calculation and we are at 98 credits with somewhere over 400 credited nights. I think. We'll slip over 100 before the deadline, so now I'm pretty happy about that metal water bottle that the Diamonds in December are getting.:)

I'll be interested to see if (1) all of this pans out and (2) what it actually translates to in terms of benefits.

I did a quick (and most like inaccurate, since I majored in Italian, not math) calculation and we are at 98 credits with somewhere over 400 credited nights. I think. We'll slip over 100 before the deadline, so now I'm pretty happy about that metal water bottle that the Diamonds in December are getting.:)

I'll be interested to see if (1) all of this pans out and (2) what it actually translates to in terms of benefits.

Ay, there's the rub!

The one change I would really like to see is their providing solo cruisers who pay the full supplement (typically 200%) with 2 credits (or I guess in the new system credit for double the nights). Any chance of that? One other cruiseline calculates their points that way.

Yes. :)

According to thelion, you will be D+ still.

It's interesting, since there will be a LOT of people like you who will stay D+, thus the crowding problems will NOT be going away.

(how many cruise credits do you have?)

26...most of my recent cruises have been in JS or higher...

Well they grandfather people in because it is generally more upsetting for people to have things taken away, then to make it harder to get it in the first place. People don't like to lose what they already have, which is why the lounge issue last time became a bigger deal.

By the way, it may not be a big deal to you. But for others, particularly those who have a lot of longer, or shorter, cruises. It can be a pretty big deal. It's all in the individual perspectives and circumstances. I'm not even sure it's really more equitable. For example, Transatlantic cruises are generally cheap, summer cruises are more expensive. Someone doing a 14-day transatlantic might pay the same price as someone doing a 7-day summer cruise, but get double the credits on either system. Even the same exact cruise in early december could be half the price as in July, but some people have no choice but to cruise then.

I have all my credits and sea days figured out except one. Legend .... Journey of Temples & treasures South This was in March 2002 but doesn't say how many days. I didn't do this cruise but one of my 14 nt. panama canal cruises are not showing.

I'll have to call tomorrow. Anyone ever hear of the Journey of Temples and Treasures on the Legend?

I'm thinking this is most likely innaccurate, it really doesn't seem like enough nights for that number of cruise credits.

If it is accurate (no offense to you, Jean, you didn't create the current C&A system of accumulating credits ;)) then this scenario is a prime example of the inequity they are trying to correct with the new system.

I did some calculations last night and we have 414 credited nights, which is very close to what you are saying you have, and 37 less credits than you do...

Well they grandfather people in because it is generally more upsetting for people to have things taken away, then to make it harder to get it in the first place. People don't like to lose what they already have, which is why the lounge issue last time became a bigger deal.

By the way, it may not be a big deal to you. But for others, particularly those who have a lot of longer, or shorter, cruises. It can be a pretty big deal. It's all in the individual perspectives and circumstances. I'm not even sure it's really more equitable. For example, Transatlantic cruises are generally cheap, summer cruises are more expensive. Someone doing a 14-day transatlantic might pay the same price as someone doing a 7-day summer cruise, but get double the credits on either system. Even the same exact cruise in early december could be half the price as in July, but some people have no choice but to cruise then.

Exactly.

One way is no more fair than the other. A per-cruise system favors those who cruise more often on short cruises, while the per-day system favors those who take longer trips.

Someone mentioned earlier that Princess does a hybrid system. If they must change it, I hope it is to something like that. Either ten cruises or seventy days gets you Diamond, that would be nice. But then there will still be some elitist out there who complains that the guy who took ten 3 night cruises doesn't share the same status as someone who took ten 7 night cruises. The snobbery around here amazes me.

Sounds good to me. Most of ours have been 7-night, and a few 12-nights back when they only counted one point. But interestingly, we've tended to 5-night *after* making Diamond Plus, so that will negatively compensate for finally getting 12-night credit. Assuming they do it that way.

The devil is in the details. As described here, the extra point for cruising this month .. except for those who just became Diamond or Diamond Plus because of it .. is now totally worthless.

Also, someone said earlier that RC "keeps good records". Umm .. I don't think so. If they had to dig it up spending hours of time for something like legal discovery, they probably could get more info. But I doubt very seriously that any across-the-board migration conversions for millions of accounts will be based on any information other than what shows in your cruise history - the number of nights, ship, and credits awarded. Actually, some of my entries have placeholders such as 05-Nov-1970 for the sail date because these were manually entered for sailings that occurred before there was even such a thing as C&A.

Exactly.

One way is no more fair than the other. A per-cruise system favors those who cruise more often on short cruises, while the per-day system favors those who take longer trips.

I don't know that I'm sure that this is the case...

We have quite a few longer cruises and just a couple of short ones. Under the current system, we have 61 credits. When I crunched numbers last night, we'd have 414 days using the program that this thread is suggesting will happen.

When you divide 414 by 7 (Diamond Plus will = 175 nights, which is roughly 25 7nt sailings), we'd have 59 credits. So we actually turn out slightly worse off than what we would under the current system.

So I don't think a per day system favors those who do longer cruises, unless that's ALL they do... and likewise, I don't think it the per cruise system favors those who do shorter cruises unless it's the vast majority of what they do.... I think the averaging works pretty well.

We have 53 cruise credits. Looks like about 340 sea days. No way will we ever get to 750 but I really don't care. Just don't want to loose the CL.

We are in a similar situation as you. 56 credits and 335 days. We enjoy the CL even though we drink very little these days. The entertainment value is pretty good in there.

As far as overcrowding in the CL, we only see it on the very cheap or very long cruises. All the in between cruises, which are most of them, have very manageable numbers. I have it from a reliable source (:rolleyes:) that on the current 10 day Serenade cruise there are 14 D+ on board. That isn't over crowding by any means.

Gina

Eliminating D+ members from the Concierge Lounge would make the entire Crown & Anchor program practically worthless. I doubt they'll go to that extreme since the overcrowding in the lounge has already been rectified.

I would tend to agree with this. It would be silly to spend the money on the Radiance conversion of the large Hollywood Odyssey to a CL if they were ditching the program as it now stands for D+. The current CL would be too big if only suites and "pinnacle" were included.

Gina

We do know that RCCL monitors this board.

After reading every single post, I have come to the conclusion that the OP is the official RCCL "Wikileaker" and we are doing their consumer research for them about possible changes to the program.

I think all of us should get 5 extra points or sea nights or whatever, for participating in the consumer panel:D

Merry Christmas.

I don't know that I'm sure that this is the case...

We have quite a few longer cruises and just a couple of short ones. Under the current system, we have 61 credits. When I crunched numbers last night, we'd have 414 days using the program that this thread is suggesting will happen.

When you divide 414 by 7 (Diamond Plus will = 175 nights, which is roughly 25 7nt sailings), we'd have 59 credits. So we actually turn out slightly worse off than what we would under the current system.

I don't think a per day system favors those who do longer cruises, unless that's ALL they do... and likewise, I don't think it the per cruise system favors those who do shorter cruises unless it's the vast majority of what they do.... I think the averaging works pretty well.

Not what I meant to say... I meant to say...

I don't think a per day system favors those who do longer cruises, unless that's ALL they do... I think the per cruise system does favor those who have done mostly shorter cruises, however. It seems to me as though the averaging of what they are proposing would be pretty equitable with the current system for the majority. It's people who do all either long or short sailings who will see a big difference in the future.

Since they are grandfathering everyone at their current level, I have a hard time understanding why someone who got to D or D+ solely with short cruises would have an issue with them changing to a per day system.

Sounds good to me. Most of ours have been 7-night, and a few 12-nights back when they only counted one point. But interestingly, we've tended to 5-night *after* making Diamond Plus, so that will negatively compensate for finally getting 12-night credit. Assuming they do it that way.

The devil is in the details. As described here, the extra point for cruising this month .. except for those who just became Diamond or Diamond Plus because of it .. is now totally worthless.

Also, someone said earlier that RC "keeps good records". Umm .. I don't think so. If they had to dig it up spending hours of time for something like legal discovery, they probably could get more info. But I doubt very seriously that any across-the-board migration conversions for millions of accounts will be based on any information other than what shows in your cruise history - the number of nights, ship, and credits awarded. Actually, some of my entries have placeholders such as 05-Nov-1970 for the sail date because these were manually entered for sailings that occurred before there was even such a thing as C&A.

I think what you describe above is exactly why they are grandfathering: they don't want to go through the mess of figuring out the number of past nights cruised.

I don't think the December Diamond promo was worthless, as it probably made it possible for quite a few people to reach D+ status.

We have placeholders, too, in our record, and it served it's purpose: to get the credit count accurate.

Archived