Where.. Oh Where, on Voyager is....

Bigtex1622

Read the whole thread. OP is having some New Year's fun.

Speaking of explosives, firearms, etc...Anyone else old enough to remember when you could skeet shoot off the back of ths ship?

May the New Year bring all health and prosperity!!!!!

Speaking of explosives, firearms, etc...Anyone else old enough to remember when you could skeet shoot off the back of ths ship?

OMG! I do remember that. I guess I really am as old as my drivers license says.

I received The Love Boat dvd's for a present. It's funny watching them toss streamers and stuff over the side at sail away and skeet shoot. :D

I received The Love Boat dvd's for a present. It's funny watching them toss streamers and stuff over the side at sail away and skeet shoot. :D

Got the DVD package as well....agree back in the old days...they did cruise differently...do you see the size of the cabins they show? Wow they sure were big, and probably very few of that size on the ship...

Hope to start watching them soon...just been too busy since they came to me for Christmas...

Also, think someone that blows off fireworks on Voyager...likely will be in a heap of trouble from Cpt Bang or Staff Cpt Goran...maybe the offensive person gets a ride in the brig...

I won many prizes skeet shooting . Starting with the NCL Norway 3 times , Ncl Windward , Celebrity Horizon .I still have some of them . Ive got 3 SS Norway ship minitures in gold plating for 1st place . Usually won bottle of Wine . Those were the days Of midnight buffets every night at midnight . I miss those days . Everything on ship was included in price except drinks CARL

Many years ago, we used to sail on Commodore ships out of New Orleans, and they skeet-shooted off the back. Never did it, but always wanted to try it.

Now I'm not old enough to have been on a cruise where passengers threw streamers off the ship as they departed. But I read somewhere that the idea was to throw the streamer to your loved ones standing on the dock seeing you off. Both parties held on to the streamer until it broke as the ship pulled away.

Cool.

I won many prizes skeet shooting . Starting with the NCL Norway 3 times , Ncl Windward , Celebrity Horizon .I still have some of them . Ive got 3 SS Norway ship minitures in gold plating for 1st place . Usually won bottle of Wine . Those were the days Of midnight buffets every night at midnight . I miss those days . Everything on ship was included in price except drinks CARL

I expect those were some fun days. With those wins on the Norway, that ship's passing had to be an unhappy moment for you.

Speaking of the Norway.. Found a video of the last sailing. Might want to watch with the sound off though. At least to me, the music is not too good.

Now I'm not old enough to have been on a cruise where passengers threw streamers off the ship as they departed. But I read somewhere that the idea was to throw the streamer to your loved ones standing on the dock seeing you off. Both parties held on to the streamer until it broke as the ship pulled away.

Cool.

Yep. Been there, done that!

1968, emigrating by sea from the UK to NZ. Family on the dock, holding one end, me on the ship holding the other end, and all of us crying. Symbolic tearing of the "ties that bind."

It all ended happily - family later joined me in NZ.

That is why I get a balcony on the top.

I make Martha go up to the pool deck,

and throw some small plates and saucers.

They are cheaper than bringing your own clay pigeons.

I just give the luggage man a fifty,

and my shotguns and fireworks are in my cabin before I am !!!

Happy New Year !!!

:rolleyes:

That is why I get a balcony on the top.

I make Martha go up to the pool deck,

and throw some small plates and saucers.

They are cheaper than bringing your own clay pigeons.

I just give the luggage man a fifty,

and my shotguns and fireworks are in my cabin before I am !!!

Happy New Year !!!

Let me see you hit those with a rifle while they're flying through the air and then I'll be impressed!! :D

(said the kid from Griffith Switch, Texas. ;))

I do remember those days. Quite a few evenings I "saved my husband's life" by getting romantic right before the midnight buffet. ;)

That was when NCL was a decent cruise line. We enjoyed sailing with them. Wouldn't get on one of their ships today if someone handed me free tickets. Freestyle is most definitely NOT my style.

Cruising back then was a much more gracious experience.

I'm probably old enough except my first cruise wasn't until I was 45. I've heard of driving golf balls out into the ocean. I would be good at that (yea, I know its not green) I can hit the smallest pond every time, an ocean would be easy. Although I might shank one into a balcony.

I'm probably old enough except my first cruise wasn't until I was 45. I've heard of driving golf balls out into the ocean. I would be good at that (yea, I know its not green) I can hit the smallest pond every time, an ocean would be easy. Although I might shank one into a balcony.

I think they still do !!!

No really, The balls are made of some kind of fish food.

That is what I heard.

Let me see you hit those with a rifle while they're flying through the air and then I'll be impressed!! :D

(said the kid from Griffith Switch, Texas. ;))

It is easier when you are at port.

Just aim high, if you don't,

you might shoot that little girl selling sodas. :eek:

Archived